Seriously No Politics ×

Tasty Food Recipes

cursor

A search for a general recipe thread turned up only funeral potatoes (I'll have to try them, thanks). I think it'd be worthwhile to have a social thread dedicated to the best family recipes ever. Adding in a little personal/family history, as it relates to a submitted recipe, would add perspective.

I'll start.

When my mother passed away in January of 1989, I somehow inherited my mother's bread-making mixer. For decades previous to the machine's purchase, she would make who-knows-how-many-loaves a week, by hand, to feed our 9-child family. For us bread WAS was in very fact a serious "staff of life"—a very primary staple.Thanks Mom. Milk-toast seriously kicks it for breakfast (at least twice a week for me).

I have since been making bread on a weekly basis—initially trying her regular recipe, then tweaking with time. The basic loaf recipe has evolved, but I think of my Mother with each loaf. I baked two loaves this morning— just now, sharing the first one, in thirds, with three chatting neighbors our front.

Mom rocks ... just like Dad. =)

So, what recipe(s) are YOU willing to share?

5 cups of whole wheat flour (I like King Arthur's)

3 cups of oats (Quaker's Old Fashioned works fine)

1½ tbsp salt

blend together in a mixing bowl

In a one cup Pyrex unit, combine 1/3 cup molasses with 1/3 cup vegetable oil.

Add a heated 20 oz portion of hot water (115°F)

Add a tablespoon of quick acting yeast.

In mixer (or by hand) blend wet and dry ingredients (knead as required).

Combine all in the mixer for about 6 minutes. (More time only results in tougher bread,)

Separate the resultant batch in two and place in a pair of greased loaf-pans. Let rise for about 30 minutes (or twice the size) while your oven preheats to 350°F ... after which you insert your two loaves in the for 33.33 mins (easy for microwave timer input).

Heaven awaits, folks (and many memories about Mom.)

Edited by cursor
  • 2 weeks later...

I'll bite...no pun intended :) .

Because apples are soon ready for the pickin' I'm putting this recipe in...

Paper Bag Apple Pie

Crust:

1 1/2 c. flour

1 1/2 tsp. sugar

1 tsp. salt

1/2 c. salad oil

2 T. milk

Filling:

4 c. sliced apples

1/2 c. sugar

2 T. flour

1/2 tsp. nutmeg

1/2 tsp. cinnamon

Topping:

1/2 c. flour

1/2 c. butter

1/2 c. sugar

Crust: combine all crust ingredients until well blended. Pat in bottom and sides of 9-inch pie pan. Don't roll out. Filling: mix all the filling ingredients and pour on crust. Topping: combine the topping ingredients until crumbly. Sprinkle over top of pie. Place pie in a paper bag and seal or fold over end so it is sealed. Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hr. and 45 min. No peeking!

Still waiting ... :)

At last! I was waiting for someone to bite.

Plov is the classic dish of Central Asia. This is the closest recipe to the Uzbeq style that I found if you don't have easy access to berberis.

Moderately heat some oil in the bottom of a thick pan. Add meat, chopped into cubes (it needn't be lean or high quality). The cubes can be as large or as small as you like, just make sure they are reasonably close in size. Let brown for a couple of minutes.

Chop a large onion into thick rings, and grate a couple of carrots, or slice into thin strips, then add the onion and carrots in that order. Cover for a few minutes before adding cumin, paprika (crushed is better than ground), and salt. Add a head of garlic, or at the very least several cloves, without peeling them. Add the rice and then water until it covers the rice with about an inch to spare. Bring it close to a boil, then reduce the heat drastically and cover, letting it simmer for around 1/2 an hour. A tight fitting lid is great, but the results are even better if you cover the pan with tinfoil first. Resist the temptation to stir, as this is a layered dish. The meat will be very tender and the whole dish aromatic. Its a great way to create a satisfying meal that doesn't require a mountain of meat.

Chicken can be substituted for meat if one would like.

At last! I was waiting for someone to bite.

Plov is the classic dish of Central Asia. This is the closest recipe to the Uzbeq style that I found if you don't have easy access to berberis.

Moderately heat some oil in the bottom of a thick pan. Add meat, chopped into cubes (it needn't be lean or high quality). The cubes can be as large or as small as you like, just make sure they are reasonably close in size. Let brown for a couple of minutes.

Chop a large onion into thick rings, and grate a couple of carrots, or slice into thin strips, then add the onion and carrots in that order. Cover for a few minutes before adding cumin, paprika (crushed is better than ground), and salt. Add a head of garlic, or at the very least several cloves, without peeling them. Add the rice and then water until it covers the rice with about an inch to spare. Bring it close to a boil, then reduce the heat drastically and cover, letting it simmer for around 1/2 an hour. A tight fitting lid is great, but the results are even better if you cover the pan with tinfoil first. Resist the temptation to stir, as this is a layered dish. The meat will be very tender and the whole dish aromatic. Its a great way to create a satisfying meal that doesn't require a mountain of meat.

Chicken can be substituted for meat if one would like.

This sounds delish. Sounds like the key is to leave it alone and not stir. Also it sounds like it would work great with the cheaper cuts of meat.

With Pres. Obama releasing his recipe for his beer, here are some recipes that Gov. Romney can release to showcase his tee-totaling life style.

Mormon Champagne - http://allrecipes.co...rmon-champagne/

Ingredients:

1 (2 liter) bottle grapefruit flavored soda (such as Fresca®), chilled

1 (64 fluid ounce) bottle white grape juice, chilled

Directions

Mix together the grapefruit soda and grape juice in a large bowl. Serve in champagne or punch glasses.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mormon Champagne 2 - http://www.therecipe...ummy-drink.html

Ingredients:

1 (2 liter) bottle grapefruit flavored soda (Fresca), chilled

1 (64 fluid ounce) bottle Welch's white grape juice, chilled

8 oz. jar maraschino cherries plus 1/2 the juice

Directions:

Combine above ingredients and serve.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Mormon Pineapple Orange Punch Recipe

Ingredients:

1/2 gal. orange sherbet

1 (46 ounce.) can pineapple juice, chilled

1 (33 1/2 ounce.) bottle ginger ale, chilled

3 c. orange flavored drink, chilled

3 c. lemon-lime carbonated beverage, chilled

Directions:

Place sherbet in large punch bowl; add in remaining ingredients and stir well. Chunks of orange sherbet will remain in punch.

Utah Cuisine: Funeral Potatoes

Ingredients:

6 c. diced potatoes

1 can (10 3/4 oz.) condensed cream of chicken soup

1/2 stick butter, melted

1/2 c. milk

1 c. sour cream or plain Greek yogurt

2 c. grated cheddar cheese, or use a mix of cheddar and gruyere

1/4 c. grated onion (optional)

Salt and pepper to taste

3/4 c. crushed cornflakes or panko bread crumbs (optional for crumb topping)

Additional 2 T. butter (optional for crumb topping)

Preparation:

1. Prepare the potatoes: Scrub 6-8 medium russet potatoes and wrap in foil. Bake the potatoes in a 350 degree oven for 45 minutes to 1 hour, or until they are easily pierced with a fork but not too tender. When the potatoes are cool enough to handle, peel and dice them. If you want, you can substitute plain frozen diced (not shredded) potatoes. Let the potatoes thaw before using them in the recipe.
  2. Combine soup, butter, sour cream or yogurt, milk, cheese, onion, salt and pepper in a large mixing bowl. Mix well. Add the diced potatoes and stir gently until combined.
  3. Place potato mixture in a 2-3 quart casserole dish or 9 x 13-inch baking pan.
  4. Optional: Mix 2 T melted butter with crushed corn flakes or panko bread crumbs. If using panko, season with a little salt and pepper. Sprinkle crumb mixture over potato mixture.
  5. Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 30-45 minutes or until hot and bubbly.

UTAH's FAMOUS GREEN JELL-O - http://raindrops-on-...llo-recipe.html

Note: I realize there aren't any shredded carrots in it, but .....

Ingredients:

1 cup water

1-6 oz pkg lime gelatin

1/2 cup sugar

2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice, optional

1 cup crushed pineapple, un-drained

2 cups whipping cream

Directions:

1. Bring water to a boil.
  2. Put gelatin and sugar in a medium sized bowl; add boiling water stirring until gelatin is dissolved.
  3. Add lemon juice if desired; stir in crushed pineapple.
  4. Refrigerate until syrupy.
  5. Whip cream until stiff.
  6. Fold into gelatin mixture.
  7. Place in 9x13 inch pan.
  8. Refrigerate for several hours until firm.

Recipe from 'The Essential Mormon Cookbook,' Julie Badger

Hey, I found online the recipe my mom used!!!!

Lime Jello and Pineapple Salad - http://www.online-co...ok/rpage/001276

Ingredients

1 pkg. lime Jello

water, as given on Jello box

1 can of crushed pineapple, drain and save juice in glass measuring cup, set aside

1 medium/small container of Cottage Cheese, small curd, drained if too wet, amount depending on the size of Jello box you use.

1/2 cup (125 ml) to 1 cup (225 ml) shredded Carrots, if desired.

1/2 cup (125 ml) shredded coconut, optional

chopped walnuts, optional

raisins, optional

lettuce leaves, optional

whipped cream, optional

Preparation:

1. Make up Jello following directions on box, using the same amount of water for boiling as written on Jello box.
  2. Using measured and reserved pineapple juice, then add to it enough cold water to make the prescribed amount of liquid to finish up liquid Jello.
  3. Carefully stir in cottage cheese, drier than wetter, drain if necessary to give the jello a pretty green emerald color, rather than a creamy green.
  4. Shredded carrots can be added for more nutrition, color and flavor, and chewiness.
  5. Some people have added 1/2 cup (125 ml) of shredded coconut, and chopped walnuts for crunch and hint of Hawaian touch and flavor.
  6. Raisins can also be added for people that like raisens, or for needed iron in the diet.
  7. When all additional ingredients have been added, pour into a 9 x 13 inch glass pyrex cake pan.
  8. When set, cut in equal sized squares and serve on salad plates atop a leaf of green lettuce.
  9. May be topped with a dab of whipped cream for a touch of sweetness, to make it seem special, or to please a finicky palate.
  10. Amount of ingredients added depends on individual preferences, and size of container to give desired sized servings.

Comment from site: Comments LDS (Mormon) background. Watched mother make Jello to take to bazaars, to help out new Moms, to help feed the homebound elderly, and etc. Different fruited ingredients can be added to add color, texture, flavor.

Orange Jello is best used with the carrots and to better compliment each other. The Crushed Pineapple is a wonderful ingredient to put just the right pizazz to make into this a wonderful Carrot/Pineapple Jello Salad. It's a family favorite.

The cottage cheese does not work as well in the Orange Jello, a personal preference.

Caramel Apple Crisp

Here is a recipe of the mostest bestest ever, I'm not kidding, apple crisp ever. Nobody at work nor in the ward have ever attempted to out do this dish. I found a recipe on the web and made a few modifications.

1. I went from 14oz of caramel to either a homemade caramel or 2 lbs of it, 1 pound of regular Kraft Traditional Caramels and a pound of Goetze's Caramel Creams, this is the caramels with the white creamy center. If I'm in a good mood, I'll just make the all of the caramel from scratch and I give the recipe at the end.
  2. I do not measure how much cinnamon or lime/lemon juice I put it it. I just put in until I feel moved to not put in any more. The original recipe asks for some water, but I did away with that and just used lime or lemon juice. I use a lot more cinnamon than the recipe asks for, a heck of a lot more.
  3. I also use a large turkey baking pan for cooking it in. I usually make it for a bunch of people and a large casserole pan is not large enough.

Ingredients

Apple Filling
:

1 lb Goetze's Caramel Creams

milk - enough to cover the caramels

10 large Granny Smith apples - peeled, cored, and thinly sliced

1 cup white sugar

2 tablespoon all-purpose flour or corn starch

ground cinnamon until you are happy

lemon/lime juice

Crumble
:

3 cups all-purpose flour

2 cup brown sugar

2 cup quick cooking oats

1 lb butter, softened

1 lb caramel

milk - enough to cover the caramels

Directions

1. Put cream filled caramels in a microwavable dish, cover it with milk, and melt them until they are easy to stir. Put the mix onto the bottom of the cooking dish which is going to be used for cooking the apple crisp. Don't wait too long since the mixture will thicken up fairly quickly and it will need to be spread evenly over the bottom of the cooking dish.
  2. Preheat oven to 350 F (175 degree C). (I usually don't do this until towards the end of the preparation since the prep can take some time, especially if the apples need to be peeled, cored, sliced, and diced.
  3. After peeling coring the apples, cut it into 8 wedges and cut each wedge up into slices. I just use a nifty little device that cores the apples and cuts it into wedges at the same time.
  4. In a measuring cup, combine the cinnamon, sugar, flour/corn starch and lemon/lime juice. Don't put in too much juice since this can make the crisp runny. I add enough juice until I can stir it easily.
  5. In a large size bowl, toss apples with sugar/cinnamon mix,; spread evenly into a turkey cooking pan.
  6. In a large bowl (I usually use the same bowl), mix together flour, brown sugar, oats, and butter. Stir until well mixed. Don't melt the butter, just use really soft butter. Melted butter make the mixture difficult to put on top of apple mix.
  7. Spoon mixture evenly over apples.
  8. Melt the traditional caramel just like the previous caramel. Put mixture on top of crust. Don't worry if the caramel is a little lumpy, all the lumps will disappear during the baking and people love the caramel harden top anyway.
  9. Bake in preheated oven for about 45-50 minutes (apple mixture will bubble and topping will be golden brown).

Caramels

Ingredients

2 cups white sugar

1 cup packed brown sugar

1 cup corn syrup

1 cup evaporated milk

1 pint heavy whipping cream

1 cup butter

1 1/4 teaspoons vanilla extract

Directions

1. Grease a 12x15 inch pan.
  2. In a large-size pot, combine sugar, brown sugar, corn syrup, evaporated milk, whipping cream, and butter. Monitor the heat of the mixture with a candy thermometer while stirring. When the thermometer reaches 250 degrees F (120 degrees C) remove the pot from the heat. Note: If you want the mixture to not stiffen up, but to remain a little runny, only get it to about 235 degrees F.
  3. Stir in vanilla. Transfer mixture to the prepared pan and let the mixture cool completely. When cooled cut the caramel into small squares and wrap them in wax paper for storage.

Sauces/Syrups for all sorts of toppings

Buttermilk Syrup (Just really runny caramel sauce which is easy to make.)

Ingredients

1 1/2 cups white sugar

3/4 cup buttermilk (milk with a little bit of vinegar makes great buttermilk)

1/2 cup butter

2 tablespoons corn syrup

1 teaspoon baking soda

2 teaspoons vanilla extract

Directions

1. In a saucepan, stir together the sugar, buttermilk, butter, corn syrup.
  2. Bring to a boil, and cook for 7 minutes. It should be a golden brown color.
  3. Add baking soda at about the five minute mark and stir fast.
  4. Remove from the heat, and stir in the vanilla.

Chocolate Syrup

Ingredients

1 1/2 cups water

1 1/2 cups white sugar

1 cup cocoa powder

1 dash salt

1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Directions

1. Combine the water, sugar, cocoa powder, and salt together in a saucepan over low heat; whisk constantly until the mixture thickens and begins to simmer.
  2. Remove from heat and stir the vanilla into the sauce.
  3. Serve warm or cover and refrigerate until serving.

Blueberry Sauce

Ingredients

2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries

1/4 cup water

1 cup orange juice

3/4 cup white sugar

1/4 cup cold water

3 tablespoons cornstarch

1/2 teaspoon almond extract

1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon

Directions

1. In a saucepan over medium heat, combine the blueberries, 1/4 cup of water, orange juice, and sugar. Stir gently, and bring to a boil.
  2. In a cup or small bowl, mix together the cornstarch and 1/4 cup cold water. Gently stir the cornstarch mixture into the blueberries so as not to mash the berries.
  3. Simmer gently until thick enough to coat the back of a metal spoon, 3 to 4 minutes.
  4. Remove from heat and stir in the almond extract and cinnamon. Thin sauce with water if it is too thick for your liking.

Cinnamon Apple Syrup (This is really, really good over pancakes and on vanilla ice cream. Just ask the kids in my ward's early morning seminary class.)

Ingredients

2 tart apples - peeled, cored, and sliced (I usually slice them really thin and dice some of them into really small pieces.)

1/2 cup white sugar

1 tablespoon ground cinnamon (I usually add more cinnamon. That depends upon how much water I add.)

2 tablespoons water (This might not be enough. It depends on how runny you want. Usually I add more, like almost a cup of water. It makes is a lot pourable.

Directions

1. In a saucepan, combine the apples, sugar, cinnamon and water.
  2. Stir to dissolve sugar, and bring to a boil.
  3. Reduce the heat to low, and simmer for 10 minutes, or until apples are soft and syrup has thickened.
  4. Serve over pancakes or ice cream.

Strawberry Syrup

Ingredients

1 cup sugar

1 cup water

1 1/2 cups mashed unsweetened strawberries

Directions

1. In a saucepan, bring sugar and water to a boil.
  2. Gradually add strawberries; return to a boil.
  3. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
  4. Serve over pancakes, waffles or ice cream.

Note
: I usually add a little water and cornstarch to thicken it up a bit.
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Okay, here is a recipe for some banana bread that I served to the ward after church a couple of Sundays ago. I bring treats every third Sunday of the month and whoever is there can have some. The kids love it.

This banana bread is super moist, super heavy, and really tasty. I even had a couple of visiting single sisters from Utah hit on me after eating some at church.

Lynn's Fervidly Sapid Banana Bread‏

Original recipe makes 4 - 7x3 inch loaves Change Servings (I use regular size bread pans.)

Ingredients:

1/4 cup white sugar – This is part of step 2 below and I don't use it.

1 teaspoon ground cinnamon – This is part of step 2 below and I don't use it.

3/4 cup butter

3 cups white sugar

3 eggs

6 very ripe bananas, mashed (
If the bananas are black and leaking juices, they are the bestest.
)

1 (16 ounce) container sour cream

2 teaspoons vanilla extract

2 teaspoons ground cinnamon

1/2 teaspoon salt

3 teaspoons baking soda

4 1/2 cups all-purpose flour

1 cup chopped walnuts (optional)

1 cup chocolate chips (optional) – The more the merrier.

Directions:

Note: I don't do the first two steps. I'm just too lazy.

1. Preheat oven to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C). Grease four 7x3 inch loaf pans.
  2. In a small bowl, stir together 1/4 cup white sugar and 1 teaspoon cinnamon. Dust pans lightly with cinnamon and sugar mixture.
  3. In a large bowl, cream butter and 3 cups sugar.
  4. Mix in eggs, mashed bananas, sour cream, vanilla and cinnamon.
  5. Mix in salt, baking soda and flour.
  6. Stir in nuts and chocolate chips.
  7. Divide into prepared pans.
  8. Bake for 1 hour, until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Note: If you use regular size loaf pans, it will take up to 1 hour and 25 minutes, if not longer.

• 4 months later...

Chicken and broccoli braid-yummy and looks fancy (easy to make!)

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/chicken-and-broccoli-braid/

Directions

1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees F).
  2. In a large bowl, toss together chicken, broccoli, red bell pepper, garlic, Cheddar cheese, mayonnaise, dill weed, salt, almonds and onion.
  3. Unroll crescent roll dough, and arrange flat on a medium baking sheet. Pinch together perforations to form a single sheet of dough. Using a knife or scissors, cut 1 inch wide strips in towards the center, starting on the long sides. There should be a solid strip about 3 inches wide down the center, with the cut strips forming a fringe down each side. Spread the chicken mixture along the center strip. Fold the side strips over chicken mixture, alternating strips from each side. Pinch or twist to seal.
  4. Brush braided dough with the egg white. Bake in the preheated oven 25 to 28 minutes, or until golden brown.

Directions

1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees F).
  2. In a large bowl, toss together chicken, broccoli, red bell pepper, garlic, Cheddar cheese, mayonnaise, dill weed, salt, almonds and onion.
  3. Unroll crescent roll dough, and arrange flat on a medium baking sheet. Pinch together perforations to form a single sheet of dough. Using a knife or scissors, cut 1 inch wide strips in towards the center, starting on the long sides. There should be a solid strip about 3 inches wide down the center, with the cut strips forming a fringe down each side. Spread the chicken mixture along the center strip. Fold the side strips over chicken mixture, alternating strips from each side. Pinch or twist to seal.
  4. Brush braided dough with the egg white. Bake in the preheated oven 25 to 28 minutes, or until golden brown.

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I like making soups from scratch.  I haven't had a particular consistent soup, as it has mostly been whatever's available tossed into the pot and hope it turns out OK.  I've had good luck most of the time with that.

However, I hit upon an actual recipe-able soup I've made twice in the past week and it gets eaten up pretty quickly in the house, so I must be doing it right.  Here's what I have been doing.

Ingredients;

Veggie stuff:

Several Potatoes, cut up into smallish pieces (diced), but with one potato sort-of finely ground)

1 large onion, chopped

3 garlic cloves, chopped

1 14.5 oz can of diced or crushed tomatoes

1 can of green lima beans (optional)

1 or 2 large carrots, thin-sliced

Meat stuff:

1 or 2 pints of beef or chicken stock (optional)

1/2 pound ground beef

3 pre-cooked German bratwursts, sliced

1 or 2 somewhat spicy pre-cooked Polish sausages, sliced

Put potatoes into pot with water and starting bringing to a boil.  You can also put the sliced carrots in there at this time.  While all this is heating up and coming to a boil...

In a frying pan, sautee onion and garlic in your preferred cooking oil (I like coconut oil or olive oil)

Once onion is glazed (semi-transparent), add ground beef

When beef is browned, add the sliced bratwurst and polish sausage, cook together until everything is well mixed

When potatoes are almost or all the way done, dump the onions, garlic and meat into the pot.

Simmer for ten or so minutes, adding some salt, some Italian seasoning, and some pepper.

At this point it should be ready to serve, but as with most other "from scratch" soups, it will get better with some more simmering.

I've been putting the soup into a crock pot to keep it simmering or warm, and family members have snacked out of it during the day.  Just don't over-cook it.

Note that I put the ground-up potato into the water as a thickener.  It will cook more quickly than the diced potatoes, and doesn't give the soup a flour-y taste or consistency (like if you use flour or corn masa to thicken it).  This soup will not be some thin dainty soup.

Edited by Stargazer

Paula Deen's Killer Decandent Brownie Cobbler (Honestly folks, this is awesome.)

Note: For 8X8 dish.  I have cooked this several times and people have loved, loved, loved it.

• 6 tablespoons butter
  • 3/4 cups sugar
  • 1 cup self-rising flour
  • 2 tablespoons dark chocolate cocoa powder
  • 1/2 cup whole milk
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract\

• Filling:
  • 1 C sugar
  • 4 T dard cocoa powder
  • 1/2 C chopped pecans
  • 1/2 C toffee bits
  • 1 1/2 C boiling water (Important: Don't mix with above.  It's added separately.)
Directions
  1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
  2. Put the butter in an 8 by 8-inch baking dish and put the dish in the oven until butter is melted, about 3 to 4 minutes.
  3. Remove the baking dish from the oven and set aside.
  4. In a medium bowl combine 3/4 cup of the sugar, the flour, and 2 tablespoons cocoa.
  5. Add the milk and vanilla, whisking until smooth.
  6. Pour over the melted butter in the baking dish.
  7. In a separate medium bowl, combine the remaining 1 cup of sugar, remaining 4 tablespoons of cocoa, the pecans, and toffee bits; sprinkle evenly over the sugar mixture.
  8. Slowly pour boiling water over top of the cobbler.
  9. Bake until top of the cobbler looks set, about 40 to 50 minutes. (The bottom will be gooey, almost like a pudding.)

Add some vanilla ice cream when the brownie cobbler is warm and it is sooooooooo good..

I took a bunch of these this morning to the teenage Sunday School class in our ward, we have very few teenagers in the ward, and the bishop insisted upon visiting the class.  When the first and second counselors tried sitting in on the class also, he pulled rank and "cast them out."

These are easy peezy to make.  Kids would love making and eating them.

Fresh Strawberry Muffins

Servings: 12
Yield: 12 muffins

1/2 cup butter, softened
3/4 cup sugar
1 egg
2 cups flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup milk
1/2 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 cups chopped strawberries
3 tsp sugar
1/2 tsp cinnamon

Directions

1. Cream butter and sugar. Add egg and mix well.
2. Sift flour, baking powder, and salt in a small bowl.
3. Add flour mixture and milk alternately to butter mixture. Add vanilla.
4. Gently stir in strawberries.
5. Spoon batter into muffin pans.
6. Combine sugar and cinnamon and sprinkle over muffins.
7. Bake at 400º for 20-25 minutes.