Can I Ignore Someone With A Click Of A Button?

DBMormon

Up at the top righthand there is your name with a pull down menu.

Last item is Managed Ignored Prefs os something like it. IIRC you need to type in the name you want to ignore and then save and then you can indicate in what ways you want to ignore them.

Putting people "on ignore" has always seemed problematical to me. It might put the ignorer in the position of prattling on, blissfully ignorant that his arguments are all the while be sliced and diced.

I recall years ago on another message board, there was an extremely dogmatic anti-Mormon who put a certain Mormon contributor on ignore because he didn't want to deal with the contributor's arguments. I derived some rather mischeivous pleasure from copying and pasting the ignored contributor's responses into my own posts. It annoyed the anti-Mormon, but for some reason that remains a mystery to me, he never did put me on ignore.

scott, probably because your still much nicer then the other longfellow

Edited by DBMormon

Yes, just click on the green arrow next to my post. That will work.

According to that little green box, I'm now the fifth person to put MorningStar on ignore ... :rofl: (Love ya, MS!)

Putting people "on ignore" has always seemed problematical to me. It might put the ignorer in the position of prattling on, blissfully ignorant that his arguments are all the while be sliced and diced.

I recall years ago on another message board, there was an extremely dogmatic anti-Mormon who put a certain Mormon contributor on ignore because he didn't want to deal with the contributor's arguments. I derived some rather mischeivous pleasure from copying and pasting the ignored contributor's responses into my own posts. It annoyed the anti-Mormon, but for some reason that remains a mystery to me, he never did put me on ignore.

One site banned all Mormons.

I used to try and put certain people on ignore (not on this site, but another), but my curiosity always got the better of me and I had to look! :)

According to that little green box, I'm now the fifth person to put MorningStar on ignore ... :rofl: (Love ya, MS!)

Sadly, I think that post is my record for most rep points. :D Love ya too!

I just ignore people so witless they are incapable of slicing soft cheese let alone an argument.

I just ignore people so witless they are incapable of slicing soft cheese let alone an argument.

This is pretty much the standard I use. Thankfully there are but few who I choose to put on ignore, but when I do I find things go so much more smoothly. I see no need to torture myself by reading some of the inane comments by those very few contributors.

My comment about mass bannings was snide....I wasn't approving of them....though I could see a few situations where it would be appropriate...a bunch of people sign up together to turn a board into a showdown at the OK corral kind of thing...

My comment about mass bannings was snide....I wasn't approving of them....though I could see a few situations where it would be appropriate...a bunch of people sign up together to turn a board into a showdown at the OK corral kind of thing...

Let's all meet in some corner of cyberspace where we can all be mass-banned at once. I think that'd be way kewel! B:)

Sadly, I think that post is my record for most rep points. :D

I doubt it! ;)

Love ya too!

:friends: