Funny Mormon Movie Mentions

Vincent Price played the best Joseph Smith ever.

Surprising, wasn't it? The actor, Dean Jagger who played Brigham went on to join the church.

MBDBRYO-FE001.jpg

Edited by Ron Beron

In the movie Electric Cowboy... has-been rodeo star Robert Redford is filming a cereal commercial in Las Vegas which uses a multi-million dollar racehorse... the horse is all drugged etc so Redford decides to steal the horse and turn it free in a Utah valley. So he kidnaps the horse... thus he is being chased by reporter Jane Fonda, who just wants a hot story... and the horse's owners.... all trying to find the horse before Redford turns it loose. A major manhunt begins, but to no avail... the leader of the corporation that owns the horse tells his men in charge... Find the horse by whatever means possible!! He says... Utah?? Get the Mormon Tabernacle Choir to sing him in!

BTW, it's a good movie... touching, with some beautiful footage of the horse...

GG

There is a reference to a "Fort Joe Smith" with an angle Moroni that was over run by aliens in the move Starship Troopers.

• Every school kid knows that Arachnids are dangerous. However, Mormon extremists disregarded Federal warnings and established Fort Joe Smith deep inside the Arachnid Quarantine Zone. Too late, they realized that Dantana had already been chosen by other colonists. Arachnids

There is a reference to a "Fort Joe Smith" with an angle Moroni that was over run by aliens in the move Starship Troopers.

• Every school kid knows that Arachnids are dangerous. However, Mormon extremists disregarded Federal warnings and established Fort Joe Smith deep inside the Arachnid Quarantine Zone. Too late, they realized that Dantana had already been chosen by other colonists. Arachnids

In the Starship Troopers **3**? or when?

There was an episode of the X Files that started with two supposed missionary Elders cycling down a street. They stopped to call at a house, but when the woman answered the door the two Elders started knocking lumps off one another.

The whole premise of the episode was that the woman had a long lost twin & when they came into proximity, un-natural things would occur.

For all of you Trekkie Nerds (Nehor and Duncan):

From “Fletch”:

Sound clip from “Raising Arizona”:

http://www.moviewavs.com/php/sounds/?id=bst&media=MP3S&type=Movies&movie=Raising_Arizona&quote=utah.txt&file=utah.mp3

Feel free to add your own to this list. I’m sure there are many, many more…………

Paint your wagon...can't post link right now.

That movie is an abomination to any real Heinlein fan.

This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Similar Content

• By hagoth7
      Over the last several weeks, have been chipping away slowly at a sci-fi series called the Expanse.  When it is on, it's usually playing in the background while I'm reading or writing. 
      Recently had Season 1 Episode 8 playing in the background...was focusing on reading until I heard the word Mormon, and there on a spaceship in the future, is a lone Mormon missionary with a Book of Mormon. Season 2 Episode 4 supposedly has the launch of the Nauvoo, the largest thing in that fictional world ever created by man, built by/for Mormons.
      Anyone here familiar with any of the creators of the series?
    • By Coreyb
      When someone tells me "you Mormons aren't real Christians" I tend to respond with something like "who cares, why would I want to be?" This may seem blasphemous to some, but this is truly how I feel. Now don't take this as me admitting that Jesus isn't all that important to me, because that is not what I am saying. I believe in Jesus, and His religion, I just don't like what has been done/ is being done with the popular name of that religion, particularly by certain large and loud segments of American Christianity. Yes I admit to a location bias, but this is where I live.
      I have lived in numerous places across the western and Midwestern United States and my experience is that many of my correligionists (Mormons) seemingly want nothing quite so much as to be accepted as a part of the evangelical Christian community. This seems to go deeper than just wanting to be friends with neighbors. It's like we have this need for validation, that only evangelicals can give.
      Perhaps this is just us teaming up to fight our "common enemy", the godless "secular humanists". Perhaps we just really admire our evangelical neighbors and seek to emulate them. Either way, I feel that our adoption of American Christian culture, which I believe has been occurring slowly but steadily over the last century, is robbing us of our mormon-ness, and perhaps more importantly is forcing us to wrestle with their problems because they are becoming ours. Most damaging however IMO is that it puts us in the same camp as them to the rest of Americans, you know, the ever growing secular humanists, plus all the other religions out there. We become just part of the "Christian Right", but an even weirder version of it. I dunno, maybe I am just sick if my mormon friends bombarding me in every situation with all the videos, memes, slogans, music, movies, shows, books, politicians, role models, arguments and causes borrowed from evangelicals, whether they really reflect mormon thought or not.
      So if I made any sense, what do y'all think of this?
    • By blooit
      I am not asking if Mormons are Christians.  I know that's  been debated ad nauseam.  I am asking if it is possible for ANY mormon to be a Christian.

If I accept Christ as my savior, can I be a Christian?  If I accept the Christ of the Bible as my Savior.  If I have a personal relationship with him, know that I am a sinner, and know that it is by his grace that I am saved.

I am very familiar with the standard arguments against this concept.  That I worship a different Jesus.  That to be Mormon I must believe in being saved by works and therefore can't receive God's grace.  What I am getting at is, is it possible for any one Mormon to be a Christian in your eyes (and presumably in the eyes of God) while still remaining a Mormon.  What would have to happen in order for this to be the case?

(btw - I am not baiting anyone here.  I am attending a Christian university and have been absolutely blown away by how well my Christian friends treat their Mormon classmates.  This really got me thinking about this.)
    • By mormonmovieguy
      Hi there! I'm new to this forum and yes, this is a plug for my site BUT it's a site I think many of you will use. My name is Jonathan Decker, and I provide Hollywood film reviews from a LDS perspective at www.mormonmovieguy.com. I only review movies rated PG-13 and under, and each review comes with a content overview and discussion points with links to scriptures and quotes by GA's. I'd be interested in getting to know you all and getting your feedback for improving the site. If you like it, please share it
      For those who are interested, I also have a regular arts and entertainment column with Meridian Magazine and have a book, 250 Great Movies for Latter-day Families, published through Cedar Fort and coming to Deseret Book, Seagull Book, and more this fall.
      What would you like to see from an LDS film reviewer?
    • By Peppermint Patty
      Interesting article on Elaine Bradley, drummer of the Neon Trees. For those of you living on Mars the last couple of years, Neon Trees is a hugely successful and talented rock group whose members all happen to be returned missionaries and active members of the LDS faith.
      It seems like more LDS than ever before are becoming mainstream, popular musicians.
      Article:
      http://www.mormonwom...o-her-own-drum/
      Neon Trees video: