Haircuts For Men

Andy_T

Hair  

53 members have voted

1. 1. Men's haircuts

• Men should definitely have short hair - it's scriptural
    • Men should ideally have short hair, but it isn't a major issue
    • It's a matter of little or no importance

Hair length is a social convention, and is unrelated to righteousness. But if I was in the market for a high paying job in the corporate world. I'd look around at what other male high level officers of that corporation were doing with their hair.

Edited by thesometimesaint

I said short ideally but with conditions. It isn't a huge deal but one should be careful to project the image that helps them achieve what they want. For example if we want to project and air of reverence while performing priesthood ordinances a neat haircut, white shirt and shaving our stubble is a good idea.

I detest long hair, when I get a cut I always get a number one on the sides and back and make the top short. For some reason i feel more confident with short hair, I think it has something that if I think I look good I feel good

I detest long hair, when I get a cut I always get a number one on the sides and back and make the top short. For some reason i feel more confident with short hair, I think it has something that if I think I look good I feel good

I look really bad with short hair, it goes all over the place stiking out here and there. I've worked really hard to grow a nice ponytail that stays put. It's also my Holy Spirit tester. We are transients, live on a boat, and we go to a lot of different wards. If I get treated like poop, I know why. The fantastic thing is I get treated with love at all the wards I go too. Well almost all.

edited for typo :)

Edited by rodheadlee

I missed that one, mng, too funny. Wonder if rod is blushing...

add-on: accidentally visited the thread thinking someone else had posted something new rather than just voted and this sent me into hysterical laughter again...sometimes it helps to have such a ridiculous short term memory as I had completely spaced on the typo and it was almost like seeing it for the first time again...since laughter is supposed to be the best medicine, maybe if I do this enough I will be able to credit rod with my complete recovery....

Edited by calmoriah

I look really bad with short hair, it goes all over the place stiking out here and there. I've worked really hard to grow a nice ponytail that stays put. It's also my Holy Spirit tester. We are transients, live on a boat, and we go to a lot of different wards. If I get treated like poop, I know why. The fantastic thing is I get teated with love at all the wards I go too. Well almost all.

That sounds like the life to me!

Oh and I think that you are like a breath of fresh air because most men cut their hair above the collar. I remember a family in my ward awhile back that had a father with his hair in a pony tail and his boys had long hair but not in a pony tail. They were a nice family.

Edited by Tacenda

There was not much long hair in my Ward, but a lot of beards. I do remember the Stake President urging the men to remove their beards, but I don't think anyone did. Not sure why he was so on it, but he really encouraged the men to be clean shaven. These were mostly older men, too (with the beards). Old and stubborn, I guess. :)

I look really bad with short hair, it goes all over the place stiking out here and there. I've worked really hard to grow a nice ponytail that stays put. It's also my Holy Spirit tester. We are transients, live on a boat, and we go to a lot of different wards. If I get treated like poop, I know why. The fantastic thing is I get teated with love at all the wards I go too. Well almost all.

I think a well kept ponytail can look very nice.

I have never understood the great concern over hair length. Joseph's very Christ-like teaching, "I teach teach them correct principles and they govern themselves." comes immediately to mind. I have always felt that we need to focus on the heart of the individual rather than their exterior. It requires love, patience, and faith that God will lead each of us in righteousness.

We each have our preferences, but those preferences should cease when we look at or have expectations of others. We need to remember that our preferences are personal and have nothing to do with others.

I will echo a comment above; if there is ever an opportunity I would like to know why the more hair I lose on the top of head seems to find its way to my ears, nose, and back. What is up with that? There is no need to grow hair in these places and my personal preference would be to not have it.

I had always heard that men serving in a bishopric, stake presidency, etc must be clean shaven... in fact, remember a brother shaving his beard when called into the bishopric.

Now, both of the bishop's counselors have beards so there must be a relaxing of the custom?

GG

I missed that one, mng, too funny. Wonder if rod is blushing...

add-on: accidentally visited the thread thinking someone else had posted something new rather than just voted and this sent me into hysterical laughter again...sometimes it helps to have such a ridiculous short term memory as I had completely spaced on the typo and it was almost like seeing it for the first time again...since laughter is supposed to be the best medicine, maybe if I do this enough I will be able to credit rod with my complete recovery....

Yes, I am blushing and I gave MNG a point. :)

Hair length (and beards) has nothing to do with righteousness. For me, it's more a question of aesthetics. Some men look good with long hair (Think of Fabio, or Mr. Sully in Doctor Quinn, Medicine Woman), while others look better with short hair.

Same for beards. I had a bishop once who maintained a full beard the whole time he served, and he looked very distinguished. A friend of mine at church used to wear a beard, but he shaved it off. As much as I like my friend, I have to say he looked better with the beard.

I don't think many men look good with long hair. Sometimes it looks like they are trying to compensate for what's thinning on top. But I think this guy looks awesome with longer hair.

[media=]

Well I am certain that I will surely have some things to answer for when I cross over. I keep my hair very short and sometimes I don't shave for two, three or even four days at a time. I'm just sure that is a cardinal sin but what can I say I'm just a rebel. :diablo:

My son has hair and beard very much like MorningStar's video. He looks better with his beard and long hair. At about 6'7, most people don't express and opinion about his hair/beard. He works in security sometimes, and folks tend to not want to tackle him, even though he's a gentle giant.

I drove my son to the airport yesterday after a week of goofing off and enjoying his leave before his next assignment. After a week of 2AM video game sessions, junk food and not shaving I looked like a beach bum.

It took longer to get to the airport than I anticipated so I wandered into the ward for the last 10 minutes of priesthood, with a weeks worth of facial hair and in a Hawaiian shirt. It was priceless!