Positive Interview Of Joanna Brooks On The Jon Stewart Show

Peppermint Patty

Yeah, I like Joanna Brooks. :) I get the impression Stewart likes her, too, and "took it easy" on her as to what kinds of questions he asked, but that's okay by me.

I had to laugh at her self-description as a root beer in a world of Cokes. My parents taught me not to drink Coke, too, and it wasn't until my mission that I learned that Coke is not actually against the Word of Wisdom! lol

I posted this in another thread....

I watched and think she just might be the poster woman for the church. Did you hear the cheers from the audience before the interview started?

She will do wonders for the church and for Romney's campaign. Obama wouldn't dare go the religion route now. Also, there are those people that think we're a cult like the FLDS. Say anything you want about Joanna but she just washed that picture of cult right off their minds!

Gotta love Joanna Brooks. She's amazing.

She is actually a very good spokesperson for the church, even though she says that is not her intent.

Yeah, I like Joanna Brooks. :) I get the impression Stewart likes her, too, and "took it easy" on her as to what kinds of questions he asked, but that's okay by me.

I had to laugh at her self-description as a root beer in a world of Cokes. My parents taught me not to drink Coke, too, and it wasn't until my mission that I learned that Coke is not actually against the Word of Wisdom! lol

I'm not a huge fan of Joanna Brooks in the sense that I concur with everything she writes. On the other hand, I have liked several of her columns over the years.

As for her interview with Jon Stewart: I thought she acquitted herself quite well, although I agree that Stewart definitely "took it easy on her." Very much so. I wonder what kinds of questions he might have posed to a Mormon known to be a conservative, unlike Brooks, who is widely known as a "progressive."

I agree with Tacenda's observation above that the relative prominence of people like Brooks, Jon Huntsman, and Harry Reid will effectively prohibit the Obama team from making Mormonism an "issue" in the forthcoming presidential campaign.

I can't see Obama making religion an issue, at all, especially after what was done to him, in the last election cycle.

I'm not a huge fan of Joanna Brooks in the sense that I concur with everything she writes. On the other hand, I have liked several of her columns over the years.

In my entire life, I have never met anyone with whom I agree about everything--and I don't expect to. But I am a big fan of some people.

I can't see Obama making religion an issue, at all, especially after what was done to him, in the last election cycle.

No, even without the influence of people like Joanna Brooks and Harry Reid, I doubt Obama himself would make an issue of religion--I honestly believe he's too sensible to do something like that. However, some of his supporters might make an issue of Romney's religion (and Ryan's), and they already have. In cases where I've seen that happen, I've spoken out against it. It's just not cool. Not to mention irrelevant.

? This is incoherent, given what his sock puppets have been up to for the last year.

Neither can I see the President making an issue out of Romney's religion, especially when there are so many other vulnerabilities in Romney's campaign that are ripe for target practice. :)

My one criticism of Jon Stewart ( and I love his show) it that he too often does too much of the talking during his interviews.

I felt that way too, but in the back of my mind I keep thinking of the film Ron Howard has been working on, based on the book "Under the Banner of Heaven" by Jon Krakauer.

http://www.movieinsi...-heaven/?#qanda

It won't be from the Obama campaign but from some in Hollywood that support him.

Oh wow.....I hadn't heard about that.

• 8 months later...

I agree with Tacenda's observation above that the relative prominence of people like Brooks, Jon Huntsman, and Harry Reid will effectively prohibit the Obama team from making Mormonism an "issue" in the forthcoming presidential campaign.

Snort!

Neither can I see the President making an issue out of Romney's religion, especially when there are so many other vulnerabilities in Romney's campaign that are ripe for target practice. :)

My one criticism of Jon Stewart ( and I love his show) it that he too often does too much of the talking during his interviews.

I have no criticism of the Jon Stewart show other than the urge to upchuck while watching it. Other than that its a great show.

I felt that way too, but in the back of my mind I keep thinking of the film Ron Howard has been working on, based on the book "Under the Banner of Heaven" by Jon Krakauer.

http://www.movieinsi...-heaven/?#qanda

It won't be from the Obama campaign but from some in Hollywood that support him.

Ron needs to double check his time schedule because if this was meant to hurt Romney and help Obama, like the conspiracy implies, it was a real flop.

Archived