Seriously No Politics ×

Saturday'S Voyeur 2012" Next Thursday The 9Th Of August.

A group of ex-mormon's and post mormon's and non-believers in general are getting together next week to see "Saturday's Voyeur 2012" on Thursday the 9th of August.

Since I'm all about inclusion...I thought I'd post an invitation here to anyone intersted in joining us.

Anyone interested?

http://www.saltlakea...eason/voyeur-12

Tickets are normally $45-$55 each, but the theater will give us a discounted price of only $35/ticket. It takes place at the Salt Lake Acting Company, located at 168 West 500 North, SLC. You'll just have to identify yourself as part of the ex-post-nom-Mormon group in order to get your discount or don't and pay full price.

I honestly hope some of you will consider coming...we'll probably meet for dinner and drinks before hand...and of course you're welcome to attend that as well...

As the late Rodney King once said..."Can't we all just get along?" I'm hoping we can...

Cheers Craig

Edited by Craig Paxton

I'm shaving my head with a cheese grater that night.

Deseret News seemed positive about it IIRC, so probably primarily general Utah....but obviously the name itself is a parody of a uniquely Mormon musical. I would assume since it is about Utah there is a high percentage of LDS themed moments.

Edited by calmoriah

I saw the original play with the same actors in the video shown on PBS. Dumb question here but is this a spoof of Saturday's Warrior, or something else altogether?

It's a crass but artistically stylish parody of all things Mormon, and highly topical. For example, when Steve Young was quarterback of the 49ers and single into his 30's, they did a skit speculating he was gay called "Steve Youngs' tight ends". It's safe to say that 70% of this years editions will be Romney stuff, with most of the rest going after the Utah state government.

And my wife's hair will be very dirty, I swear.

Really? Surprising DN was positive about it then.

Here is the article I had read: http://www.deseretnews.com/article/700043310/Saturdays-Voyeur-shows-humor-in-news.html?pg=all

If you happened to have a year's worth of newspapers kickin' around, pick them up and thumb through the headlines. What you'll have are snippets of "Saturday's Voyeur 2010: The Year That Was," written by long-time collaborators, Allen Nevins and Nancy Borgenicht.

This year's installment is ripped right from the headlines from the past 15 months. Join the talented cast on a trip down memory lane visiting such stories as the two men arrested for kissing on Main Street Plaza, a Mormon writing a Hanukkah song, a "Maverick" signing books at Cosco, and a hot tub confession.

"The connections are rich and layered; a tribute to Utah's newspapers and all the press professionals who collect and report our news," Borgenicht said in a press release. Sounds like a we'd better strap in for a wild ride. Starring Alexis Baigue, Stephanie Bass, Ashley Carlson, Steven Fehr, Kent Hayes, Justin Ivie, Shannon Musgrave, Victoria Nones, Jesse Pepe, Jeanette Puhich, Brock Smith and Aaron Swenson.

Edited by calmoriah