Seriously No Politics ×

Thread Ban Security

Moderators, if you want to try to patch the hole I found to get around the thread ban, ban me from this thread, and I'll post things until it's fixed.

Here is the thread I've been able to post on after the thread ban, in case you didn't already know:

Edited by Mike Reed

Moderators, if you want to try to patch the hole I found to get around the thread ban, ban me from this thread, and I'll post things until it's fixed.

Sounds like a internet security test volunteer. Let's let him test the user ban security next...

You guys are lucky I figured this out and am telling you how I am doing this, before someone even more dangerous than me takes advantage of the security hole. I know that's hard to believe that someone can be so dangerous, but I've heard horror stories.

Can you read any of the posts or just post yourself.....silence of course will be an answer....unless you haven't been "banned" from the thread yet.

You need to get some sort of black ops avatar, Mike.

Edited by calmoriah

Can you read any of the posts or just post yourself.....silence of course will be an answer....unless you haven't been "banned" from the thread yet.

I am not banned from this thread yet, but no... I can only read them from another computer/cell. I can still post from the thread-banned computer ip address though.

Well, I haven't a clue how to fix it. My knowledge of computers stopped being updated about the time they stopped using punched cards (i find it so hard to believe I actually did programming for a class with those once upon a time).

If you get some free time this afternoon, I could use some help with a tranquilizer gun. I have a feeling that is the only way I am going to sleep.....unless you know a version of the Vulcan neck pinch, which would be much nicer as it wouldn't leave me with a hangover.

Well, I haven't a clue how to fix it. My knowledge of computers stopped being updated about the time they stopped using punched cards (i find it so hard to believe I actually did programming for a class with those once upon a time).

Here's hoping they make a comeback once this internet fad blows over.

Dinner time maybe? Or they are caught in rush hour.

I'm getting pretty hungry myself, and don't want to be hitting "refresh" all day. I'll grab a burger and be back in a bit. Hopefully by then moderators will be available to work on this.

Edited by Mike Reed

Yes, well.

Honey-roasted ham (with pineapple and brown-sugar glaze), fresh-baked croissants, sweet-potato casserole, and green beans will do that to a person.

Gotta go- the pecan pie is about finished baking!

If you get some free time this afternoon, I could use some help with a tranquilizer gun. I have a feeling that is the only way I am going to sleep.....unless you know a version of the Vulcan neck pinch, which would be much nicer as it wouldn't leave me with a hangover.

Try some passionflower herb with valerian. Usually good for a solid 4 hours sometimes more...

Try some passionflower herb with valerian. Usually good for a solid 4 hours sometimes more...

Stuff used to knock me out good (passionflower with hops, not so much valerian). Stopped working so don't have any in the house. Might work now I'm on a different med....hmmm...time to hit the health food store. Thanks for reminding me. Only 3ish hours till dark, should be able to turn off then. I do have some chamomile for my daughter, think I'll go sneak that. Edited by calmoriah

Stuff used to knock me out good (passionflower with hops, not so much valerian). Stopped working so don't have any in the house. Might work now I'm on a different med....hmmm...time to hit the health food store. Thanks for reminding me. Only 3ish hours till dark, should be able to turn off then. I do have some chamomile for my daughter, think I'll go sneak that.

With the valarian and passionflower there is a tendency to decline after you use for two or three weeks but a coupel of weeks off and it will usually work again. That you mention hops...usually this is valuable for sleep issues related to an inablity to clear the mind of rampant thought or nightmares etc...is that part of your issue?

Since this isn't an actual topic thread...I don't know if this can be considered off topic but if so perhaps I should add that sleeping through internet security threats is a postive way of dealing with them.