Seriously No Politics ×

Letter From Census Bureau

If memory serves, this strong-arm tactic is under review in Congress,

Apparently, a number of Congressmen and Representatives agree "it's none of their d%& business".

I gotta go cook dinner (fried pork chops, potatoes, home-made gravy, croissants, sauteed asparagus and mushrooms).

I'll see if I can find more references after dishes.

Census workers do come with flimsy badges, for sure. But they also have phone numbers for you to verify their credentials. (And often you only get a life worker after they have mailed a survey and gotten no response, and then called and not gotten a response or was denied cooperation.

One can make an argument that what the survey goes beyond the constitutional direction to count everyone every ten years. And despite what they tell you about how it is illegal for you to refuse, it is pretty rare that anyone is prosecuted for refusing. Proponents argue that it helps them dole out federal funds fairly, and help state and local as well as fed to plan appropriately for their citizens.

And, the more detailed survey is done every few years (less than ten) on some measures.

Edited by rpn

Apparently, a number of Congressmen and Representatives agree "it's none of their d%& business".

I gotta go cook dinner (fried pork chops, potatoes, home-made gravy, croissants, sauteed asparagus and mushrooms).

What time should I arrive... and should I bring anything?

GG

Here's the situation. My kids got this but they just barely moved to where they are now. They already filled out the long form in their prior house so any information would skew what has already been given. I think if this is for the benefit of the community the community should to the survey, a voluntary survey.

Where's my dinner invitation?! Sounds good! Yumm!

Dishes are done.

Here's what I found:

According to the census bureau website, the legal penalty for telling them exactly where they can stuff their survey is $100 and probation.

http://www.census.gov/acs/www/

The Rutherford Institute and several other organizations are advising people on how to answer a/o fight the intrusive nature of the survey.

The conventional wisdom appears to be that the law requires answers only to those questions which are directly authorized in the Census itself.

Congress has both cut the ACS funding and proposed legislation to end the survey. This has the usual suspects in fits of fainting hysteria. I'm trying really hard to be sympathetic to their cries of distress.

Really.

Okay.

Not so much.

http://censusthis.wordpress.com/2010/05/29/being-harrassed-by-the-senseless-bureau/

Gotta go get dessert ready:

Homemade cheesecake w/graham cracker crust drizzled in warm, fresh made caramel cream.

Facebook has a couple of groups of angry Americans regarding this issue. I think people are tired of seeing the laws being ignored in regards to things like immigration while American Citizens are harassed and threatened for not completing a questionnaire.

So when I was in the MTC a little over 2 years ago I was assigned to handout and collect all the Census info to my district. Suddenly somebody pointed out the irony that a Canadian was in charge of overseeing the American census...so as a souvenir I may have kept a copy of it meant for a missionary who went home a day before due to medical reasons.....

....How illegal is that?

I was taught my American History class at BYU by a Canadian. I loved it. It helped prepare me for when I moved up to Canada and learned the other side of the story in regards to things like the American Revolution, the War of 1812 or the War of American Aggression ;) (which Americans claim they won, but whose capital got trashed?) and such.