Seriously No Politics ×

Wolves In Shepherd'S Clothing

Log

http://religion.blogs.cnn.com/2012/06/13/unbelieving-preachers-get-help-to-come-out-as-open-atheists/?hpt=hp_t2

Snippets of interest to me:

“You can either be honest that you don’t believe ... or you can pretend that you do,” he said. “Which is what so many people are doing and that is called faith.”
The Clergy Project’s key component is a private online community of active and former pastors discussing their conversions to lives of active disbelief. It lets congregational leaders come out anonymously, using an alias.

“It is important to focus on any group of people who are in a lot of pain,” said Linda LaScola, a co-founder of the Clergy Project. “That is why the Clergy Project exists, and it wouldn’t be growing if there wasn’t a need for it.”

Strangely, the pain they're in is not theirs at all, if I am reading this right.

What do you think?

I support this project. Anything that encourages people who are lying to stop lying is healthy. Someone accepting money to preach something they don't actually believe is immoral and a scandal but I still feel for those choosing between a living and honesty. I wish them luck and hope they can find a new career. Job market can be scary right now. :sorry:

Archived