Looking For Source Of Pres. Kimball Quotation

Duncan

I recall seeing this quotation at the MTC and I have heard it on a few ocassions but I don't know the source other then Pres. Kimball said it

“If you could only see the vision I have. I wish I had your bodies to do this work. I would run from house to house telling everyone of the gospel, and after I lost strength to run I would begin to walk, and after I collapsed from walking, I would begin to crawl, and after my knees were so bloody that I could not use them I would use my arms to drag myself, and once my muscle in my body was gone I would begin to yell…oh, only if you could see the vision as I have.”

I'm reminded of when then-Elder Kimball gave a talk on, I believe, the Indian Placement Program, and, taking his seat after having finished, then-Elder Boyd K. Packer told him, "We'll be quoting you all over the Church." Forgetting his characteristic humility for the moment, Elder Kimball replied, "You do that, and if you can think of anything better to say, say it, and quote me." ;) That's a great quote wherever it came from, so my advice would be to use it, and attribute it to Elder/President Kimball. ;)

As you've probably found out, it's all over the Internet ... unsourced! :angry: I thought I might find it in the November 1979 Ensign, but alas, no joy. It sounds like it was said to a roomful of missionaries, and, if that's the case, it may or may not have been published. I'll keep looking and let you know if I find anything.

Edited by Kenngo1969

As you've probably found out, it's all over the Internet ... unsourced! :angry: I thought I might find it in the November 1979 Ensign, but alas, no joy. It sounds like it was said to a roomful of missionaries, and, if that's the case, it may or may not have been published. I'll keep looking and let you know if I find anything.

thanks! let me know!