Seriously No Politics ×

I Am Grateful To Be A Member Of This Board

I just want to say to anyone who cares, I am grateful this board is here. I am grateful for the Mods and for whoever is paying to keep this up and running.

I am grateful I am allowed to be here.

I am grateful for the interesting posts and the people who say interesting and challenging things.

I am grateful that the Restoration of the Gospel of Jesus Christ has a place like this.

I love it too. Due to health reasons I am mostly homebound but I love learning new things and talking about them with others. This board has a lot of informed people and others who have put a lot of thought into their ideas...and the mods keep it simmering but not boiling over which is prone to happen among opinionated people.

I was going through a very hard time with the Church until I stumbled upon this board one day. I had to shift my thinking around a bit, as we all do at many times in our lives, and some of the things I read on this board (among several other places) helped me through it. After awhile, I once again believed (and still do believe, and hopefully will continue to believe) that The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and the gospel it preaches to the world is right where God wants me.

Thank you all.

Me too, KevinG... I'm addicted...

I'm widowed and alone... no children... only my Bobby-cat. At 71, I lead a quiet life here in the wilds of the beautiful central Oregon coast. Oh, I could be more interactive with people if I chose to do so, but you all are so much fun ;) . One of the first things I do in the morning is see what you're all up to (after my morning prayers...and you'd be surprised how often many of you are in my prayers). I really appreciate the knowledge and the wisdom expressed here in so many topics. And how helpful we can be... just look at the good advice, some professional, that MorningStar received in her thread on buying their first house.

Yes, I do get irked with some of the critics who like to post here... but all in all, this is a terrific place, and as I go about my day I'll pop in and see what's going on. So, I too appreciate and am grateful for this board and the participants...

from the beach on a beautiful morning... 8 days without rain!! My spirit soars...

GG

edit to add: I chuckle at "The Three Word Story" that Mudcat started in 2008(!)... What a kick. I was one of the first to post. I remember in a PM with Mudcat his wondering if it could reach 30 pages... Ha! Over 200 pages and almost four years later it's still going... just good fun.

Edited by Garden Girl

Oh, I probably ought to add something. Part of the reason I enjoy this board is because I travel away from home a lot. Frequently I am in a small town with a very tiny branch. I really enjoy the Sunday meetings and the lessons here. They are surprisingly stimulating for such a small branch.

However, most of the time I am surrounded by non-LDS people who are southern evangelical Christians. I love them, but I miss discussions during the week related to the Restoration of the Gospel of Jesus Christ to the earth.

So, thank you again, for this board and for its participants.

Why did you assume the members in a small branch to be lacking in knowledge and spirituality?

Do you really have to drive by to pick a fight where none exists?

I was going through a very hard time with the Church until I stumbled upon this board one day. I had to shift my thinking around a bit, as we all do at many times in our lives, and some of the things I read on this board (among several other places) helped me through it. After awhile, I once again believed (and still do believe, and hopefully will continue to believe) that The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and the gospel it preaches to the world is right where God wants me.

Thank you all.

I'm so glad, altersteve... I encourage you... one time after reading some posts in a thread I was somewhat bothered, and the thread was somewhat bothersome. It was around Gen Conf in Oct '09. I was just settling into my big wingback chair, listening to the beautiful music of the Choir when suddenly, without any thought of the board, came into my mind and heart the still, small voice as clear as if someone was standing right next to me... "Do not be afraid; the Gospel is correct; stay faithful, stay true." Can you imagine how wonderful I felt to have that witness... conference was never so sweet. So when I say I encourage you, I really do... GG

You have me as an adopted son and hopefully you still have my poem. You are a great mom GG. :air_kiss:

I do still have your poem, and others... love your poetry... and thank you.

GG

I'm so glad, altersteve... I encourage you... one time after reading some posts in a thread I was somewhat bothered, and the thread was somewhat bothersome. It was around Gen Conf in Oct '09. I was just settling into my big wingback chair, listening to the beautiful music of the Choir when suddenly, without any thought of the board, came into my mind and heart the still, small voice as clear as if someone was standing right next to me... "Do not be afraid; the Gospel is correct; stay faithful, stay true." Can you imagine how wonderful I felt to have that witness... conference was never so sweet. So when I say I encourage you, I really do... GG

Thank you, GG. :)

You have me as an adopted son and hopefully you still have my poem. You are a great mom GG. :air_kiss:

Oh boy, then GG must have her hands full, with you as an adopted son. ;) (jus teasin)

This is a nice board and I enjoy spending time here. Even though I am no longer LDS, I do still find inspiration here fairly often. I love Garden Girl, as well. She is always so positive. The Mormon world is still of interest to me and kind of a comfort zone, I guess.

Oh boy, then GG must have her hands full, with you as an adopted son. ;) (jus teasin)

You have no idea! If I go pick up Caleb and she will let us, the wife and I and of course Elder Lee will drive up and see her. She is only about 300 miles away I think. I never say where he is because of very bad people who read my posts, but he was in Loma Rica, CA until a week ago. Can't say where he is now.

I think the red font may have been from a mod, CA. Not sure what ERay was talking about, either, as you didn't say that the members of your small branch were lacking in anything. :unsure:

Papa, that would be really nice, if you could visit GG with your wife and son! (Totally, understand why you wouldn't want to mention your son's location).

Edited by Libs