Seriously No Politics ×

John Tvedtnes

Log

John is working on a number of books:

Joseph Smith and the Ancient World (how JS' teachings are found in ancient texts, both canonical and non-canonical)

The Book of Mormon and the Ancient World (with Matt Roper [on the evidences of the BOM])

As Far as it is Translated Correctly (redaction of the biblical texts)

Animals in the Book of Mormon (with Matt Roper [use your imagination for this one!])

A book on the Messiah, Son of Joseph tradition

A book on the Korahites

A revised edition of his "Isaiah Variants in the Book of Mormon"

I know he was working on a commentary on the Testament of the Twelve Patriarchs a few years back (mentioned in his review in FARMS 6/1) and had a book on Arab culture written in the 1970s, although unpublished. Maybe he plans on releasing these volumes, too.

John is working on a number of books:

Joseph Smith and the Ancient World (how JS' teachings are found in ancient texts, both canonical and non-canonical)

Yes! That was just the book I was thinking of just now!

The Book of Mormon and the Ancient World (with Matt Roper [on the evidences of the BOM])

As Far as it is Translated Correctly (redaction of the biblical texts)

Animals in the Book of Mormon (with Matt Roper [use your imagination for this one!])

A book on the Messiah, Son of Joseph tradition

A book on the Korahites

A revised edition of his "Isaiah Variants in the Book of Mormon"

I know he was working on a commentary on the Testament of the Twelve Patriarchs a few years back (mentioned in his review in FARMS 6/1) and had a book on Arab culture written in the 1970s, although unpublished. Maybe he plans on releasing these volumes, too.

Well, do you perchance have an ETA for any of these? Especially the first two - JS and the AW, and TBoM and the AW?

Edited by Log

I emailed him a few months ago; he told me that he keeps coming across new materials for his books, but they are being written, slowly but surely. I did not get a proper ETA, however.

If he were to adhere to the Nibley statement that " I refuse to be held accountable for anything that I wrote more than 3 years ago... " or something to that effect,he could just publish what he had to date and repent later.