Seriously No Politics ×

Canada No Longer Makes Sense..Er..Cents

We've made our last one.Prices will now round to nearest 5 cents.Pennies were not even copper anymore and cost 1.6 cents to make. Think of all the language phrases that will need to be changed or dropped. I wonder if the US will follow suit . But where would you put Lincoln? I guess we will have to think of another way to explain tithing to children. :mega_shok:

We've made our last one.Prices will now round to nearest 5 cents.Pennies were not even copper anymore and cost 1.6 cents to make. Think of all the language phrases that will need to be changed or dropped. I wonder if the US will follow suit . But where would you put Lincoln? I guess we will have to think of another way to explain tithing to children. :mega_shok:

Canada; that is in North Georgia, right?

Canada; that is in North Georgia, right?

Actually, according to the Book of Abraham we read the following;

"and that one of them was nearest unto the throne of God;....and the name of the great one is Canada, because it is near unto me, for I am the Lord thy God: I have set this one to govern all those which belong to the same order as that upon which thou standest"

so, there you have it

New Zealand, I understand, no longer uses the penny, nickle or dime. Or something like that. As stated, Canada is closer to God because Santa, according to my son, is God, and God lives at the North Pole.

Here are some funny Canadian jokes I found.

You know you are Canadian when:

You only know three spices: salt, pepper and ketchup.

You design your Halloween costume to fit over a snowsuit.

You have 10 favorite recipes for moose meat.

You live in a house that has no front step, yet the door is one metre above ground.

You think sexy lingerie is tube-socks and a flannel nightie with only 8 buttons.

You owe more money on your snowmobile than your car.

The local paper covers national and international headlines on 2 pages, but requires 6 pages for hockey.

The most effective mosquito repellent is a shotgun.

Your snowblower gets stuck on the roof.

You find -40C a little chilly.

Some of these were kind of funny, eh?

The spices is completely wrong.....but perhaps that is due to the current level of immigration, I so miss the Chinese and Korean food we used to get there.... :sorry:

Of course you couldn't get a decent Mexican meal, but we did have some friends from SA who made a mean milanesa.

Mosquito joke is fact. ;)

And the Halloween joke is no joke, sad to say....well, depends on the year really. The local mall had the great idea to have indoor trick or treating for store to store for those who didn't want to expose the kiddies to less than clement weather, though there were a few years that it was warm enough to leave off the gloves and keep the coats open so you could sort of see the costumes.

Edited by calmoriah

Actually, according to the Book of Abraham we read the following;

"and that one of them was nearest unto the throne of God;....and the name of the great one is Canada, because it is near unto me, for I am the Lord thy God: I have set this one to govern all those which belong to the same order as that upon which thou standest"

so, there you have it

I did not know you could translate Atlanta into Canada.? What language is that French? :crazy:

Here are some funny Canadian jokes I found.

You know you are Canadian when:

You only know three spices: salt, pepper and ketchup.

You design your Halloween costume to fit over a snowsuit.

You have 10 favorite recipes for moose meat.

You live in a house that has no front step, yet the door is one metre above ground.

You think sexy lingerie is tube-socks and a flannel nightie with only 8 buttons.

You owe more money on your snowmobile than your car.

The local paper covers national and international headlines on 2 pages, but requires 6 pages for hockey.

The most effective mosquito repellent is a shotgun.

Your snowblower gets stuck on the roof.

You find -40C a little chilly.

Some of these were kind of funny, eh?

oh, that's rich, REAL rich PP! i'll get you at recess!