Seriously No Politics ×

Fair Conference Announced

Calm

Does anyone know the speaker lineup?

Here's what is known so far. A lot of topics need to be finalized it would seem, but if you know the individual you should be able to figure out the general area of discussion:

http://www.fairlds.o...ference/conf12a

For those of you who don't know Rosemary Avance, you can see her here with John Dehlin and Scott Gordon on the UVU panelists Q&A session:

She will be the first nonmember to speak at FAIR, fyi.

Here's what is known so far. A lot of topics need to be finalized it would seem, but if you know the individual you should be able to figure out the general area of discussion:

http://www.fairlds.o...ference/conf12a

For those of you who don't know Rosemary Avance, you can see her here with John Dehlin and Scott Gordon on the UVU panelists Q&A session:

She will be the first nonmember to speak at FAIR, fyi.

Thanks...good to know.

I had already scheduled days off for this. Got my tickets. But I had internet blip and purchase was put in twice. I hope they get it corrected.

I had already scheduled days off for this. Got my tickets. But I had internet blip and purchase was put in twice. I hope they get it corrected.

You can always pay for me. :)

Did you write the bookstore to make sure they noticed? They have been very good about correcting orders in the past once it is pointed out so I wouldn't worry.

• 1 month later...
Don Bradley, author of the soon to be published, Lost 116 Pages: Reconstructing the Missing Contents of the Book of Mormon, will discuss those 116 pages.

Sounds fantastic.

John Gee, a professor of Egyptology, will talk about the Book of Abraham... Hartt Wixam, a retired BYU professor and investigate reporter for the Deseret News, will give a presentation entitled “Perception and Reality: Then and Now.”

Do we know more details about these two presentations?

• 1 month later...

I have never attended a FAIR Conference, but decided that it should be worth the drive (Southern California). I'm all signed up for both days. It'll also give me a chance to visit with my dad, two children, and my 17 year old grandson!

[ huge thanks goes to calmoriah for her help in hooking me up ]

I have never attended a FAIR Conference, but decided that it should be worth the drive (Southern California). I'm all signed up for both days. It'll also give me a chance to visit with my dad, two children, and my 17 year old grandson!

[ huge thanks goes to calmoriah for her help in hooking me up ]

You will enjoy it. I have gone to four of them and enjoyed them immensely. This year, I'll be able to visit my daughter and her family as well. See you there. Just look for a big guy named Ron Beron.

Don't forget for those who can't go there is audio/video streaming, though my understanding is some of the Powerpoint stuff doesn't come through. Visit the website to sign up, the sooner the better so they can get you squared away in case of technical problems. I understand there is some issue with what type of device or program or something you use at your end to read the 'stream' or whatever they call it and they need to coordinate or something...I really have no clue what I am talking about except for the option of watching and/or listening.

Don't forget for those who can't go there is audio/video streaming, though my understanding is some of the Powerpoint stuff doesn't come through. Visit the website to sign up, the sooner the better so they can get you squared away in case of technical problems. I understand there is some issue with what type of device or program or something you use at your end to read the 'stream' or whatever they call it and they need to coordinate or something...I really have no clue what I am talking about except for the option of watching and/or listening.

Had no idea this was an option. Brill :clapping:

• 2 weeks later...

I am so looking forward to the opportunity to purchase videos from the conference. I didn't check to see if this was already talked about, so please forgive if I'm trampling on old ground, but when can we expect these to become available?

I will let you know as soon as I've heard anything. My understanding is they (actually I think it may be one person) have to make sure the sound is clean and in sync with the visual and that can take some time but I really don't have a clue.

Archived