Seriously No Politics ×

Is This The Mormons’ Jfk Moment?

Bill “Papa” Lee

Found this article…note the quote.

“I think Mitt Romney’s selection as the Republican nominee means as much for the United States as it does for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints,” said Richard L. Bushman, a leading scholar of Mormonism who teaches at Claremont Graduate University. “It demonstrates, once again, the capacity of the nation to expand its limits to include once despised minorities within the fold.

Here is article…comments on the “despised minority” quote.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/national/on-faith/is-this-the-mormons-jfk-moment-maybe-maybe-not/2012/04/11/gIQAflz7AT_story.html

"Once despised" isn't quite the truth.

I think we still are...I was talking to someone today who did not know i was a Mormon and he was talking about how "secretive" we are and how our Church is bankrolling Romney...it was quit insulting. He said, "I am Roman Catholic and I church does not tell us who to vote for". It was sad.

Found this article…note the quote.

Here is article…comments on the “despised minority” quote.

http://www.washingto...z7AT_story.html

One of the comments links to something purporting to be a Stake President's blog. The commenter quotes it, apparently assuming it to be an actual LDS site. In fact it's an anti-Mormon trojan horse site -- or, to be extra charitable, a satire.

Unfortunately, it deceives the gullible.

Regards,

Pahoran

Based on what I experienced yesterday, I would have to disagree.

Agreed. Plus besides CARM and the many other anti/ex Mormon sites out there, you also have the Free Republic forum of Jim Robinson- zero love for, and tons of hatred of anything Mormon over there as well.

Agreed. Plus besides CARM and the many other anti/ex Mormon sites out there, you also have the Free Republic forum of Jim Robinson- zero love for, and tons of hatred of anything Mormon over there as well.

Very true...not sure why I still play in that cesspool. It may be because I just can't let a lie go unchallenged.

Archived