Seriously No Politics ×

Chris Matthews: Suggests That Mormons Are Second Class Citizens

cdowis

Liberal commentator, Christ Matthews:

Romney is like an Indian (“or somewhere in the Third World”) computer scientist fixing your computer: “you don’t care who is fixing it, just fix the damn computer!”

When asked by host Ed Schultz whether he thought the region was “going to be rough terrain” for Romney, Matthews argued that Americans are “willing to outsource it [the election] to a Mormon.”

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/chris-matthews-likens-romney-to-indian-or-third-word-computer-techs-says-gop-is-outsourcing-election-to-a-mormon/

What's a liberal?

And that you have misrepresented Matthews in your title what kind of well poisoning political term should we use against you.

I have not seen the video, where does Matthews suggest mormons are second class? If you are relying on his India comment - wherein he did not use thee phrase second class, then it is apparent that YOU view the peoples of India as second class. Might want to watch your word choice and the accuracy of claims.

I would suggest that you grow some thicker skin.

If I took a poll in regards to what liberals, moderates, and even conservatives think about the field of Republican candidates, it's considered a really weak field and not liked by most but you still need to choose one. Primaries target either the liberal base for Democrats and the conservative base for the Republicans. What does it say that the moderate is winning the conservative contest?

Romney has kept his faith out of the political arena and that's a good strategy. Of course, the ultra liberals will try to drag it into the debate. I suggest that you not assist them.

My 2 cents

“you don’t care who is fixing it", someone living “somewhere in the Third World”.

His meaning is clear, though I did use the word "suggest". It's is pretty clear what he means. I have the guts to call it for what it is and expected the response here. Those are his words, not mine.

I am quoting a widely known commentator, who decided to take a cheap shot at my religion, comparing the members to third world laborers.

“you don’t care who is fixing it", someone living “somewhere in the Third World”.

His meaning is clear, though I did use the word "suggest". It's is pretty clear what he means. I have the guts to call it for what it is and expected the response here. Those are his words, not mine.

I am quoting a widely known commentator, who decided to take a cheap shot at my religion, comparing the members to third world laborers.

As I read this and watched the video, I didn't see it as Matthews disparaging Romney so much as the Evangelical mindset in the South that views Mormons and Roman Catholics as cultists and that carries the misconception that Obama is Muslim. He's saying, in effect, that these idiots don't like Romney, but they're willing to "outsource" the election to him just to get rid of Obama.

He did use the phrase "as they see it" after the cultists reference.

Point taken ==>> I admit that you caught me.

He is basically saying that the Evangelists have to hold their nose when they vote for Romney. He was giving a point of view comment, and I confess I know him well enough that this was not his personal view.

So once again you admit your animus towards other people you consider inferior or at least not worthy of being compared too. I recall a certain people thanking God how much better they were than everyone else. Like I said you should watch you word choice. I wonder what Christ about being compared to the poor or people that apparently you look down upon.

What is worse is that you use religion to elevate yourself above another.

Point taken ==>> I admit that you caught me.

He is basically saying that the Evangelists have to hold their nose when they vote for Romney. He was giving a point of view comment, and I confess I know him well enough that this was not his personal view.

So you would post a lie, but only acknowledge the lie when someone other than me points it out? I ask again what well posioning term can we now use to describe you?

Frankenstein has left the building.

Do you actually believe that Chris Matthews was making a "positive comparison"? A man that constantly mistates, attacks and mischaracterizes those he disagrees with? Is that tingling in your leg telling you to do this or are you simply obfuscating and convoluting?

Cdowis is offended by being compared to peoples from 3rd world countries. CFR I have taken him out of context.

Do you actually believe that Chris Matthews was making a "positive comparison"? A man that constantly mistates, attacks and mischaracterizes those he disagrees with? Is that tingling in your leg telling you to do this or are you simply obfuscating and convoluting?

jeff do you actually believe that a rant about chris matthews satifies as CFR concerning my statements about cdowis? cdowis made poor word choice in using his religion as the basis of offense for the comparison to 3rd world peoples. still waiting on the CFR, not holding my breathe though, as we all are accustomed to you not honoring a CFR.

----------------------------------------------------------

Maybe the difference is that I distinguish between a misperception and an outright lie.

cdowis statement "you caught me" and "I know that is not his opinion" suggests that the cdowis knew he was not being truthful with his representation of matthews.

cdowis statement "you caught me" and "I know that is not his opinion" suggests that the cdowis knew he was not being truthful with his representation of matthews.

I took his response to mean I had "caught" him in an error of perception as one might catch another in a spelling error or a typo.

But I submit that cdowis is the world's foremost authority on what he meant, so I'll leave it to him to say whether I am being too charitable in my interpretation.

I took his response to mean I had "caught" him in an error of perception as one might catch another in a spelling error or a typo.

But I submit that cdowis is the world's foremost authority on what he meant, so I'll leave it to him to say whether I am being too charitable in my interpretation.

Normally I don't comment on the nature of my posts, but I find this a fascinating subject-- not about myself, and how I made some people go hysterical, but what is allowable in a post AND title for a thread.

My post is a direct quote from a news article, and I juiced up the headline (title) to make it more interesting. Someone pointed what I had done, and I openly admitted that I was "caught" trying to be clever. There is absolutely noting false in the post (unless it comes from Matthews himself) and the title merely suggested a possible interpretation of his comment.

I made no attacks, nor made any false statements. To be expected in this forum.

Perhaps certain individuals will likewise put me on ignore rather than go hysterical whenever I post, but I really don't care

I don't see these silly attacks and insults as being about Mormons. They are a standard part of the press and pundits tearing down unfavored candidates. If Romney was from texas they would make cowboy jokes. If Romney was divorced they would make fidelity jokes. If Romney were short they would suggest "Short People" as a campaign song.

Mormonism just happens to be the most obvious and easy target to hit him with. I think that speaks well for him.

Having said that - just imagine the uproar if Matthews compared a Bobby Jindal presidency with outsourcing to a third world nation.

I would suggest that you grow some thicker skin.

If I took a poll in regards to what liberals, moderates, and even conservatives think about the field of Republican candidates, it's considered a really weak field and not liked by most but you still need to choose one. Primaries target either the liberal base for Democrats and the conservative base for the Republicans. What does it say that the moderate is winning the conservative contest?

Romney has kept his faith out of the political arena and that's a good strategy. Of course, the ultra liberals will try to drag it into the debate. I suggest that you not assist them.

My 2 cents

Let them try. We can handle it.

We are called to be a light to the world, not hide our faith.

So once again you admit your animus towards other people you consider inferior or at least not worthy of being compared too. I recall a certain people thanking God how much better they were than everyone else. Like I said you should watch you word choice. I wonder what Christ about being compared to the poor or people that apparently you look down upon.

What is worse is that you use religion to elevate yourself above another.

And once again you mindlessly, create a bogeyman that does not exist, but allows you to criticize another for the bogeyman you created. This is just so full of mental sludge it is not worth commenting further other than these type of comments are tiresome.

Archived