Seriously No Politics ×

Get Ready For Md&Ds March Madness

Anijen

Just a heads up for the March Madness tourny.

I would like to see it least ten members in the tourny this year. We usually guess who will win and the winner gets to pick a sig line for everybody. But they do not have to commit to the sig line if they lose we play for fun... IIRC Blue Adept, Mudcat, Sundevil (cool guy from AZ), myself have played in the past. Best of luck...

I'm spacing tonight, please explain what March Madness is......

It's the final tournament for bollege basketball which has been known as March Madness and ends with the Final Four. If you check out my sig line, it still declares Thunderfire as the reigning champion and I believe Anijen is also a past champion. While everyone (including the ladies) are welcomed to join, we have been accused of having high testosterone levels within the thread. It's fun and establishes bragging rights for the year on our board.

I suggest that the women have their hubbies fill out a bracket and claim it as their own. We would never know the difference.

• 2 weeks later...

I sent a message to Mudcat on FB, he is bowing out on participating this year... :sorry:

I'm sure Thunderfire will be wanting to defend his title and Anijen is setting up our MD&D group.

Any other partakers? We can start filling out the brackets on Monday!! ....and I hope we can get 10 participants as well. I suggest the ladies asking their hubbies if they're interested. :)

Sorry, I tried but my husband said he is a very team specific guy and not interested this time around and I am not into watching sports on TV at all anyway so have never cared about such things to begin with.....

Just a heads up for the March Madness tourny.

I would like to see it least ten members in the tourny this year. We usually guess who will win and the winner gets to pick a sig line for everybody. But they do not have to commit to the sig line if they lose we play for fun... IIRC Blue Adept, Mudcat, Sundevil (cool guy from AZ), myself have played in the past. Best of luck...

Well I won't be participating in the Madness... but let me tell you guys how nuts I've become over BYU sports, particularly basketball (Hartsong is my favorite) and Volleyball... go Futi! And I really like women's VB and BB also. The girls beat Gonzaga, and won the WCCC(?). I tuned into ESPN yesterday to see how BYU did in their game where they were paired against Iona... BYU came back from a 25 point deficit to win the game by 2-3 points. The sportscasters were talking about it, and they had a clip of Hartsong being interviewed (sitting at the table in front of the mike). I was really proud of the team because they overcame the biggest deficit in NCAA tourney history. #14 BYU's next game is against #3 Marquette and I do fear they will probably be defeated. I'll be praying for them... not to win per se... but that each player will be able to play well and to their highest level. But watching the clips of those other teams gives me the jitters for BYU. Watching BB the way I have the last couple seasons with BYU as given me a better understanding of the game in general, and a better appreciation of it.

Go Cougars...

Note to you fellows who suggested that we females might want to ask our husbands to fill out brackets and then claim them as our own... If I decided to participate... I'd be doing it on my own thank you very much, and not relying on some man to help me... (Smiles)

GG

Me too, Mehrdad...

I watched the game this morning and it seems our Cougars just couldn't make their shots... shots that I've seen them make numerous times before... but they fought back to within 8 points at one time. If they had made more of the 3-pointers they tried, as well as other shots, it would have been a different story. But Marquette was having a terrific day... at the end the point difference increased from 10 to 20 in the last few minutes because of fouling for one thing.

Anyway, I'm sad too...

GG

Speaking of Vandy..... I'll be attending the Women's tournament game in Nashville with my daughter on Sunday! Vanderbilt vs Middle Tennessee State. I'm pretty excited. I've never been to an NCAA tournament game before!

From what I understand, crowd and excitement wise, the women NCAA tournament games are as good as the men"s. Have fun!

From what I understand, crowd and excitement wise, the women NCAA tournament games are as good as the men"s. Have fun!

I love to see the women play... does anyone have a quick schedule of the first few BYU games scheduled and where they will be televised? I can't seem to find anything out from BYU-TV. Thanks...

GG