Seriously No Politics ×

Songs That Have Inspired You Or Have Drawn You Into Deeper Worship...

Wow! The choir sings so beautifully. I could listen to songs like this for hours.

Glorious, By Paul Baloche

Great song to meditate on through this upcoming week as we approach resurrection Sunday.

Look inside the mystery, See the empty cross

See the risen Saviour,Victorious and strong

No one else above Him, None as strong to save

He alone has conquered, The power of the grave

Chorus:

Glorious, my eyes have the seen the glory of the Lord

Glorious, He stands above the rulers of the Earth

Look beyond the tombstone, See the living God

See the resurrected, The ruler of my heart

No one else above him, None to match his worth

The hope of his returning, Fills the universe

Chorus:

Glorious, my eyes have the seen the glory of the Lord

Glorious, He stands above the rulers of the Earth

Glorious, glorious

Lord you are glorious

Horatio G. Spafford was known as a sincere, devout Christian. In November 1873, Spafford decided to take his entire family to Europe for a vacation, intending also to assist Moody in his evangelistic work once he arrived there. However, Spafford was unexpectedly detained in Chicago due to urgent business concerns, but decided to send his family aboard the S.S. Ville du Harve as scheduled. Midway through the trans-Atlantic voyage, S.S. Ville du Harve was struck by the English vessel Loch Earn and eventually foundered. Spafford's four daughters—Anna, eleven; Maggie, nine; Bessie, seven; and Tanetta, two—were among the 226 who perished in the aftermath. Mrs. Spafford, one of the few who were spared, sent her husband the heartbreaking telegram: "Saved alone."

Spafford immediately sailed for England to join his grief-stricken wife. As his ship passed the approximate location where his daughters had drowned, his deep sorrow mingled with his unwavering faith in God's goodness caused him to compose this hymn.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-2BnpR6Wsc&feature=relmfu

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DAySvgsKcx8

Easter Blessings today and everyday.

Edited by followerofemmanuel
  • 1 month later...

I hope no one will be offended by this, but I wanted to share the 'Great Bell Chant' (narrated by Thich Nath Hanh, a Buddhist Monk), because it does bring me closer to God, and I think it is just so beautiful. I enjoy listening to this just before I retire at night.

http://vimeo.com/6518109

I hope no one will be offended by this, but I wanted to share the 'Great Bell Chant' (narrated by Thich Nath Hanh, a Buddhist Monk), because it does bring me closer to God, and I think it is just so beautiful. I enjoy listening to this just before I retire at night.

[media=]

Thank you for sharing. This is what this thread is all about. Beautiful scenery!

The narration, I believe, gives the essence of the chant. (And thank you!) :)

The body/ego (natural man) brings much suffering. Reuniting with God relieves that suffering.

Edited by Libs

Also love the "PianoGuys" and Alex Boye, in this African flavored piece called "Paradise". (Pretty sure the "PianoGuys" are LDS. They are from Southern Utah). Very creative group.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cgovv8jWETM&feature=relmfu

I also love classical music and Beethoven is one of my favorites. His music can "raise me to the Divine".

“Don’t only practice your art, but force your way into its secrets, for it and knowledge can raise men to the divine.”

Ludwig van Beethoven

This is a very unique blend of four movements of Beethoven's 5th Symphony. It's beautiful!

Also love the "PianoGuys" and Alex Boye, in this African flavored piece called "Paradise". (Pretty sure the "PianoGuys" are LDS. They are from Southern Utah). Very creative group.

[media=]

Nice! Although the guy makes me nervous, the way he bops around near the edge....yikes.

Yah, I know what you mean!! That made me a little nervous, as well! :)

Great song, though. I really love Alex Boye. He has done all kinds of interesting music.

[media=]

Wonderful. There is never any need to fear that someone will be offended when sharing that which lifts your heart, opens your mind, and inspires all. Very choice video.

Thank you, Storm Rider. I appreciate that. :)

Followerofemmanuel, very nice song from Hillsong. I used to listen to a lot of their music and love Darlene Zschech. She has such a beautiful voice and spirit.

Falling on my knees in worship, Giving all I am to seek your face. Lord all I am is yours

My whole life, I place in your hands, God of Mercy. Humbled I bow down, In your presence at your throne

I called you answered, And you came to my rescue and I I wanna be where you are

In my life be lifted high, In our world be lifted high, In our love be lifted high,

Multiply Your love through us, To the lost and the least

Let us be Your healing hands,Your instruments of peace

May our single purpose be, To imitate Your life

Through our simple words and deeds, Let love be multiplied

Multiply Your love through me, To someone in need

Help me Lord to freely give, This grace that I've received

Let my single purpose be, To imitate Your life

Through my simple words and deeds, Let love be multiplied

Let us see Your kingdom come, To the poor and broken ones, Let us see a mighty flood, Of justice and mercy, O Jesus

Let love be multiplied, Let love be multiplied

Multiply Your church through us To the ends of the Earth, Where there's only barrenness

Let us see new birth, Use us as Your laborers

Working side by side, Let us see your harvest come, Let love be multiplied

[media=]

This is beautiful. Thank you for sharing. :)

I'm glad you liked it, Steve. :)