Seriously No Politics ×

Songs That Have Inspired You Or Have Drawn You Into Deeper Worship...

What songs have helped you to experience worship more fully? Any favorites to share? Please post so that we may all enjoy! Here is a song that I have appreciated lately.... I posted two but I am having technical difficulties (lol) Second is on the way (I hope!)

Edited by followerofemmanuel

...with the Mormon Tabernacle Choir even. Beautiful.

I am a trained musician (or was before selling out and getting a business degree in grad school) and there are endless numbers I enjoy from popular and classical music. I like Mahlers ressurection symphony, the hymn How Great Thou Art, The choral anthem The Last Words of David and the song about returning where I belong from Disneys Hercules. In short anything that is inspiring and accompanied by music makes my day!

My second link did not work out too well. Here goes my second attempt! Thanks for sharing your thoughts DaddyG!

The song is called unashamed. There are a couple good versions to chose from through this link although I am unable to get the link to work for my favorite video. The song was written by a group called Starfield.

http://video.search....web&tnr=20&b=21

Lyrics (prayer)

I have not much

To offer You

Not near what You deserve

But still I come

Because Your cross

Has placed in me my worth

Oh, Christ my King

Of sympathy

Whose wounds secure my peace

Your grace extends

To call me friend

Your mercy sets me free

And I know I'm weak

I know I'm unworthy

To call upon Your name

But because of grace

Because of Your mercy

I stand here unashamed

Heres a Mormon hymn that gets my blood pumping...

This arrangement is by a BYU music professor.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BBMBOZxvHSE

B-E-A-U-TIFUL !! Thanks for sharing

For singing...All Creatures of our God and King has been a prayer in music since I first remembering hearing it as a child. I just wish we sang it more in church.

The verses themselves...A Poor Wayfaring Man of Grief. I can't sing this one due to getting choked up.

For singing...All Creatures of our God and King has been a prayer in music since I first remembering hearing it as a child. I just wish we sang it more in church.

The verses themselves...A Poor Wayfaring Man of Grief. I can't sing this one due to getting choked up.

I always think of that movie "mountain of the Lord" when I hear ACOOGANK! Wilford Woodruff singing it and he meets his wife! haha!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uoXWIK1lfyo

House of God Forever by Jon Foreman based on Psalm 23

Apparently I didn't get the YouTube memo...

I'll post when I figure out YouTube embedding on this forum.

No memo sent lol...but if you want to post video that would be cool. Just find you song on youtube...there is a series of numbers and letters in the bar about, just copy that string of letters and numbers and paste here....tada :good: . Great music being posted here. Love it and can't wait to "see" yours too.