Seriously No Politics ×

The Greatest 404 Error Page, Evah! Evah!

No doubt it'd be even better if I spoke Russian. ;) (My brah studied Russian at the DLI; I doubt he'd be much help, though. He's pretty rusty).

P.S.: I wonder if Volgadon could help?

P.P.S.:Since, while my Russian skills are woefully deficient, I am fluent in Southern Californese, :D I'm partial to this 404 error message.

You 404’d it. Gnarly, dude.

Surfin’ ain’t easy, and right now, you’re lost at sea. But don’t worry; simply pick an option from the list below, and you’ll be back out riding the waves of the Internet in no time.

• Hit the “back” button on your browser. It’s perfect for situations like this!
  • Head on over to the home page.
  • Punt.

Edited by Kenngo1969

No doubt it'd be even better if I spoke Russian. ;) (My brah studied Russian at the DLI; I doubt he'd be much help, though. He's pretty rusty).

P.S.: I wonder if Volgadon could help?

P.P.S.:Since, while my Russian skills are woefully deficient, I am fluent in Southern Californese, :D I'm partial to this 404 error message.

The song is actually in Moldovan, not Russian. Some cultural info will help the humour be understood. At the top of the page it says "Ooops.. 404 - The Page of Moldovian Web Gasarbeiters." Gasarbeiter is a German loanword meaning a foerign worker. Calmoriah might have seen this, but for the past decade almost Moscow has been undergoing a construction and remodelling boom, nearly all the construction workers being foreigners. Moldovans, Ukrainians, Byelorussians, Armenians, Georgians, Azeri, Turkmens, Tadjiks, Uzbeks, Kazakhs, Korean, Chinese, you name it, they all work for very low wages. Their workis notoriously shoddy, seeing as very few know much Russian or are trained builders. The Moldovans are the butt of the same jokes as Polish Americans are. From right to left the writing has "cement," "recreation zone" and "looking for work."

At the bottom it says "Djaga (awesome) kvartirakrasivo.ru You are not here by accident." Clicking on the sign "looking for work" takes you to a website which is a go-between for quality contractors.