Seriously No Politics ×

Does God Forgive Anger Against Him?

I have felt that way, even cursed God in my anger, lasted for almost a year. I also know that I have been forgiven. In fact because of it, I strive harder now than before. My anger and curse made me feel more alone than I ever had in my life. I was unconsolable. It was only after much prayer and humility that I learned I was forgiven. I am very very grateful for that.

I have felt that way, even cursed God in my anger, lasted for almost a year. I also know that I have been forgiven. In fact because of it, I strive harder now than before. My anger and curse made me feel more alone than I ever had in my life. I was unconsolable. It was only after much prayer and humility that I learned I was forgiven. I am very very grateful for that.

I do not doubt Him or the Church, I am just angry that he let something awful happen to me and my family, nor did he help!

Edited by Bill “Papa” Lee

It is unnatural to be angry: do I need to just start attending Church again or do I need to seek forgiveness for being hurt (very, very hurt) and depressed?

Actually, anger is sometimes a natural, and necessary response to a trama... It is part of the grief cycle, and is a necessary step... It is not best to stay on that step for very long though... Feel it, let it do its job, and then give it over to the Lord!!

My advice (and trust me, this comes from vast experience!!), is take this hurt and depression to the Lord, in humble and sincere prayer... Do not ask Him to take these feelings away... Ask Him to help your overcome these negative feelings...

And, do return to Church!! By going to Church, you have the oppertunity to partake of the sacrament, and invite His Spirit to always be with you... With that Spirit, you can access the blessings and healing balm of the Atonement of Jesus Christ!!

He wants you to be successful in overcoming this difficult time!! I pray for His blessings to be upon you, PaPa!!

Your Sister In Christ,

Silver Girl

:air_kiss:

I do not doubt Him or the Church, I am just angry that he let something awful happen to me and my family, none did he help!

that happens. I had that happen some years ago and I can't figure out any of it-I know he has helped me afterwards but I don't get it still

It is unnatural to be angry: do I need to just start attending Church again or do I need to seek forgiveness for being hurt (very, very hurt) and depressed?

I think you've misunderstood me. Anger is certainly natural. I've had moments where I've been angry at God too By all means start attending church again. What I meant about forgiveness is this. After you've been angry with someone it is a good thing to ask forgiveness as anger is a powerfully negative, corrosive emotion. With forgiveness comes a sweet peace which is what you need right now.

I do not doubt Him or the Church, I am just angry that he let something awful happen to me and my family, none did he help!

This will sound trite, and I don't mean it to sound that way. But He has already helped. The rest is something of the human element which I cannot speak against because it is something horrible and personal which we have to deal with in our own unique paths.

I am sorry you are ended up in that state.

I have had the worst month of my life and have asked God in anger to let me die. I have not left the Church but I have also not attended while this anger exist?

Will he forgive me for this anger?

Have any of you ever felt this way.

I accused God outright of ruining my life, using me, and betraying me. I got repentance and (much later) an apology.

I think you'll be okay.

I think you've misunderstood me. Anger is certainly natural. I've had moments where I've been angry at God too By all means start attending church again. What I meant about forgiveness is this. After you've been angry with someone it is a good thing to ask forgiveness as anger is a powerfully negative, corrosive emotion. With forgiveness comes a sweet peace which is what you need right now.

Thank you...I see your point now.

How do you know he didn't help?

Maybe someday I will see that he did...I don't know.

Having once wrote this, I feel somewhat hypocritical that I cannot seem to do it right now!

Forgive

Forgive,

The scripture seemed to read,

As once again I’d look.

Forgive,

The scripture clearly said,

Annoyed I closed the book.

“Forgive“,

The Spirit softly spoke,

Startled I did fear.

Forgive,

The Spirit louder spoke,

I pretended not to hear.

“Forgive“,

The Saviour said to me,

I quickly questioned , Why?

“Forgive“,

The Saviour said again,

“For this I came to die.”

Then bitterly I cried out

How canst thou know my pain?

The wounds that I have suffered

My tears that fell like rain.

The quietly he spoke my name

And said, “I understand”.

Reached out that he may lift me

With wounds in both his hands.

Ashamed I said, How can I?

He reminded me again,

“For he who will not forgive,

In him lies the greater sin.”

Forgive,

The scripture seemed to read,

As once again I’d look.

Forgive,

The scripture clearly read,

I then embraced the book.

“Forgive“,

The Spirit softly spoke,

Now I did not fear.

“Forgive“,

The Spirit said again,

Once deaf, I now can hear.

“Forgive“,

The Saviour said to me,

“To you this gift I give.”

“Forgive,”

The Savior said again,

“Do this and ye shall live.”

William E. Lee

Copyright 1996

I don't know how to let this go...what is happening is not over yet!!!!

Edited by Bill “Papa” Lee

Maybe someday I will see that he did...I don't know.

hold on!

Read this from one of my favourites

http://bycommonconsent.com/2011/08/08/in-memoriam-elder-marion-d-hanks/

“There are those who have lost faith because of personal tragedies or troubles,”...“Faced with problems akin to Job’s, they have in effect accepted the invitation to curse God and die rather than to love God and gain the strength to endure their trials. There is, of course, in the promises of God no warrant that we will avoid the very experiences which we came here to undergo and through which we can learn reliance on the Lord. Jesus said, ‘In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.’ (John 16:33.) He had tribulation, and he overcame. And so may we, with his help.”

Elder Hanks from what appears to be a 1972 GC address-i'll check for ya!

Different challenge, same response - anger with God.

If my Father in Heaven is a perfect Father then of course He still loves me even when I am a petulant child. I have found that when I stop cutting myself off from His love He is still there waiting for me and offering His comfort.

Its just hard to see that at the time through the tears and pain.

God bless you Pa Pa!

Pa Pa:

It is normal and natural to feel/express anger. It is how we grieve. God didn't cause the hurt that befell your family. He offers a helping hand to see us through it. Forgive yourself, repent, go to church, and God will forgive you, and remember your sins no more.

Edited by thesometimesaint

Hello Pa Pa...

When I was in my inactive years and "walking in the world," I lived what many would consider a very comfortable lifestyle... almost charmed... my TBM mom used to tell me that she feared that one day something would happen that would bring me to my knees.

Well, not long after that a very dear family member was going through a terrible time and felt much like you are now... I had prayed and prayed... finally with a feeling of desperation I fell on my knees as I shook my fist at Heavenly Father and yelled that if he wanted to punish me, punish me, not my loved ones. As I prayed, suddenly this feeling of peace flooded me, and the still small voice spoke to my mind and heart... "All will be well"... as simple as that, but I knew that it would be... what joy I felt, and what gratitude as I thanked Heavenly Father. And indeed everything did work out but it took some time, and I saw that it was because God had to strengthen the person in question. Otherwise he would have not been successful.

And so in the ensuing years I never again let myself become angry at God because I knew from my experience that our prayers are heard, God is mindful of us and our needs, and we must never give up because he will answer our prayers in His way and in His time and in a manner best for us.

So, Pa Pa... pray yet again, return to Church where you belong, and let the Spirit comfort you.

All good wishes... GG

Go back to church Pa Pa. The feelings that God is angry at you and that you shouldn't be in church right now are coming right from satan. Show him that you're not so easily manipulated.

God loves you, and just as you forgive your children when they are angry with you, God, as your Father responds the same way.