John Hunstman Drops Out. Endorses Romney.

BCSpace

Yes, but for him to have baggage all over; Republicans will be blowing their right foots off if they pick him as the nominee; Obama would mop the floor with Newt.

One of the biggest issues was brought up about Newt is that he was kicked out of Congress by other Conservatives during his time as Speaker. That alone Obama would mop the floor with Newt.

Good point. I watched that moment in the recent debate about Santorum laying into Gingrich's record in Washington.

...Can we say: 'BURN!' :good:

I'm not sure why, but I liked Huntsman more than Romney.

I think it's because I had the impression (rightly or wrongly) that he was slightly more conservative (or at least more consistent in his views) than Romney.

Does anyone know if he was to the right or the left of Mitt?

BTW: I like Santorum better than Gingrich, so what do I know?

Romney appears willing to say anything to get the nomination even going against what he'd said a few days earlier. Huntsman was better at sticking to what he'd said earlier.

I'm willing to change my mind if more accurate up to date information comes along, but really let's not make it an art form. I don't know as that is a conservative trait or a liberal one.

BTW That is a Sophie's Choice. ;)

Romney appears willing to say anything to get the nomination even going against what he'd said a few days earlier. Huntsman was better at sticking to what he'd said earlier.

Hmm. I haven't noticed this. Perhaps you have been following this better than I. Do you have any specific examples?

But regardless of that, I don't think Santorum, as much as I like him, has a decent chance to win the nomination, and I have very hard feelings against Gingrich. I'd vote for him over Obama, just barely, but I'd be holding my nose the whole time I did it.

Gingrich is the genuinely unprincipled man in this primary season. Nobody, and I mean NOBODY, is beneath him when it comes to personal moral turpitude. It is not a matter of forgiveness over the six years he ran Calista as his mistress while supposedly happily married to his second wife -- I am not the one offended against, so my forgiveness isn't even in question -- it is a matter of SIX FREEPING YEARS. That isn't a mere one-night stand, a moment of mad passion, or some kind of "Ooops, I screwed up". That is long-term, systematic, consistent, and intentional BETRAYAL of a sacred covenant. As I said, I don't need to forgive him (for all I know, God may actually have forgiven him, and I don't have an issue with that), but I do NOT trust him, and I don't want to see him in the Oval Office.

Archived