Seriously No Politics ×

Sex Is Now Banned By Flds Church

altersteve

According to this Deseret News article, until Warren Jeffs's prophecy that the walls of his prison cell will crumble and that everyone on earth except members of the FLDS Church will be incinerated is fulfilled, all sexual relations in the Fundamentalist Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints are considered adultery and will result in excommunication.

HILDALE, Washington County — As the year comes to an end and the followers of Warren Jeffs await the apocalypse he has predicted, they're living under a challenging edict: they're forbidden to have sex until Jeffs is sprung from a Texas prison.

"He has predicted that the walls in the prison where he's at will fall and crumble," said Joni Holm, who has many relatives in the polygamous FLDS faith.

According to Holm, Fundamentalist LDS Church members also face their faith's most severe punishment, excommunication, if they conceive a child.

It's one of the strangest edicts in a season full of them. Jeffs has issued a stream of revelations, prophecies and orders to his congregation in the border community of Hildale, Utah, and Colorado City, Ariz.

The recent edicts from Jeffs' prison cell seem to be having two contradictory effects. Many are leaving the FLDS faith in disgust. Those who stay are reported to be increasingly devoted to a man who is serving a lifetime sentence for raping underage girls.

According to numerous critics and outside observers, the imprisoned FLDS leader has sometimes acted through his brother Lyle and other times has spoken directly to his congregation over the phone from prison. He recently banned many of the things his followers enjoy: bicycles, ATVs, trampolines, even children's toys. But the sex edict reaches into the bedrooms of all his devoted followers.

According to Holm, Jeffs declared all existing marriages to be void.

"Right now they have all been told that they are not to live as husband and wife," Holm said. "They can live in the same house, but they are not to have sexual relationships until Warren comes out and 'reseals' them."

The sex ban was the last straw for Holm's brother-in-law. She said he left the FLDS fold three weeks ago after spending 39 years — his entire life — in the FLDS community.

Social service organizations are reporting a surge of people departing the FLDS group, although exact numbers are unavailable. Holm thinks about 100 members have left in recent weeks from the community of 10,000.

"They're leaving," Holm said. "Groups of them are coming out. We're getting families that are coming out now. It's only going to get worse."

She has helped such "refugees" for years, offering a place for them to live temporarily as they try to establish lives outside the FLDS community. Mike Leetham, coordinator of Utah's Safety Net organization, said there is currently a shortage of "host homes" for people trying to leave the group.

Holm said her brother-in-law confirmed reports that faithful members are meeting almost daily and being rebaptized. But they won't be considered married until Jeffs gets out of prison to personally "reseal" them.

"Until then, they are not have any sexual relationships," Holm said. "It is now considered adultery."

If FLDS members have sex on the sly, any resulting children will be considered "sons of perdition," according to Holm's brother-in-law, and the parents will be instantly excommunicated.

The sex ban will be lifted only if Jeffs' latest prophecy comes true: an apocalypse that will bring down the prison walls and broil the human race.

"They believe that they'll still roam on the Earth," Holm said, "but the rest of us will be burned."

In recent weeks, FLDS members have reportedly faced intense, personal interviews with Lyle Jeffs to prove their loyalty and have been ordered to pay large financial assessments. Some members have been excommunicated. The process seems to be aimed at winnowing the FLDS down to Jeffs' most faithful followers.

Texas officials are investigating whether Jeffs violated his prison phone privileges by calling his congregation.

http://www.deseretne...atives-say.html

It sounds like he's saying, "If I can't have sex, no one can!"

It sounds like he's saying, "If I can't have sex, no one can!"

If they put that sick little monster in general population, then a lack of sex isn't the problem.

And as horrible as it is to admit, I can't say I'm terribly broken up about it, either.

First the State causes great emotional harm by removing the children for many days. Now the leader drives wedges between families.I wish such pain upon none of them,regardless of their beliefs. We,who have faced such troubles in our past,need to be sympathetic to the plight of the innocent in this.

I can see this benefiting the Apostolic United Brethren- since they're the second largest and more moderate polygamist group in the west, and for those that left and still want to continue practicing polygamy, I think many of them will gravitate to the AUB.

First the State causes great emotional harm by removing the children for many days. Now the leader drives wedges between families.I wish such pain upon none of them,regardless of their beliefs. We,who have faced such troubles in our past,need to be sympathetic to the plight of the innocent in this.

Don't misunderstand me- I have nothing but sympathy for the innocents who are harmed by the abuse- first by the State and second by Jeffs and his insane pronouncements. I pray every day that the Lord will ease their way and keep his sheltering hand over them.

Right, wrong, or indifferent, however, I simply can't muster much sympathy for the abusers themselves.

I don't know if what I am about to report has anything to do with this sex-ban, or not, but...

I am the financial clerk in our local single adults branch. Today, while in the clerk's office the branch president brought in a package which he had opened thinking it was some kind of publication that the Church had sent him, since it was addressed to the "Bishop" of the branch. A quick examination had revealed that the package was actually from Vaughn Taylor of the FLDS Church. He said that he was going to toss it into the recyle bin, but I, being fascinated by this odd turn, got him to let me have it.

Later, a quick examination of the package by myself revealed the complete contents. The shrink-wrapped inner package contained a set of booklets in 8.5 x 11 inch format. The top document, a 247 page tome, was entitled

PROCLAMATION

Proclamation of Son Ahman, Even Jesus Christ,

To All Peoples of the Earth, Even My Holy Will

To Warn All of My Judgment Upon All Peoples

There were also a 163-page "Continued Warnings...", another proclamation of 17 pages addressed to the the "Government Officials of the USA and to the Government Officials of Canada", another booklet of 43 pages containing three sections, consisting of two "Warnings", one to the United States of America, one to "All Nations" and a section containing "Policies and General Principles of the Government of Son Ahman in the Kingdom of Ahman", and an order form for yet additional documents one could obtain at nominal prices from the FLDS church.

Upon further inspection, the 43-page Warnings booklet contained sections containing warnings to various countries and some continents, such as North America,

As yet I haven't read any of it, yet, nor do I know if I will do so, but it is apparently some kind of culmination, and contains affidavits signed by Warren Jeffs and some other FLDS luminaries.

Too bad they didn't send it out in electronic format so I could have done a word search.

Apparently LDS are not the only ones getting these. On another board someone mentioned their small Church of God congregation in South Carolina got one, another spoke up and said they did as well but didn't identify who they were.

An order form for these items appears to be the only thing on the FLDS website:

Original copies of

PROCLAMATION - Proclamation of Son Ahman, Even Jesus Christ, To All Peoples of the Earth, Even My Holy Will To Warn All of My Judgment Upon All Peoples. 2011-11 - ISBN-13: 978-1-1937271-03-9

$ 10.00 - 101 Original copies of

Proclamation to the Nation 2010-07-17 ISBN-13: 978-1-937271-01-5

$ 3.00 - 102 Original copies of

Warning to the Nations 2010-10-31 ISBN-13: 978-1-937271-02-2

$ 4.75 - 103 Original copies of

Continued Warnings of Son Ahman to the Leaders of the Nations of the Earth (Updated) ISBN-13: 978-1-937271-00-8

$ 6.00 - 104 Original copies of

The Coming Crisis

$ 1.00 - 105 Original copies of

Prepare for the Day of Visitation

$ 1.00

You can get them through Amazon as well.

According to this Deseret News article, until Warren Jeffs's prophecy that the walls of his prison cell will crumble and that everyone on earth except members of the FLDS Church will be incinerated is fulfilled, all sexual relations in the Fundamentalist Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints are considered adultery and will result in excommunication.

The women of Athens tried and succeeded so who knows?

Apparently he has sent them out to libraries and judges as well. Got to wonder where the money is coming from. I guess in a way he is at least paying for his keep this way by giving all this work to the post office.

Warren Jeffs is one of the most repugnant men on earth. I don't know why he is allowed to have communication to his people over the phone from Prison, knowing the potential incitefulness he could cause. Wondering what Carolyn Jessop would say about it…

I can see this benefiting the Apostolic United Brethren- since they're the second largest and more moderate polygamist group in the west, and for those that left and still want to continue practicing polygamy, I think many of them will gravitate to the AUB.

I've heard that most of them are just joining up with the Second Ward.

I don't know if what I am about to report has anything to do with this sex-ban, or not, but...

I am the financial clerk in our local single adults branch. Today, while in the clerk's office the branch president brought in a package which he had opened thinking it was some kind of publication that the Church had sent him, since it was addressed to the "Bishop" of the branch. A quick examination had revealed that the package was actually from Vaughn Taylor of the FLDS Church. He said that he was going to toss it into the recyle bin, but I, being fascinated by this odd turn, got him to let me have it.

Later, a quick examination of the package by myself revealed the complete contents. The shrink-wrapped inner package contained a set of booklets in 8.5 x 11 inch format. The top document, a 247 page tome, was entitled

There were also a 163-page "Continued Warnings...", another proclamation of 17 pages addressed to the the "Government Officials of the USA and to the Government Officials of Canada", another booklet of 43 pages containing three sections, consisting of two "Warnings", one to the United States of America, one to "All Nations" and a section containing "Policies and General Principles of the Government of Son Ahman in the Kingdom of Ahman", and an order form for yet additional documents one could obtain at nominal prices from the FLDS church.

Upon further inspection, the 43-page Warnings booklet contained sections containing warnings to various countries and some continents, such as North America,

As yet I haven't read any of it, yet, nor do I know if I will do so, but it is apparently some kind of culmination, and contains affidavits signed by Warren Jeffs and some other FLDS luminaries.

Too bad they didn't send it out in electronic format so I could have done a word search.

Oooooooo! Good work salvaging it! For some perverse reason, that just sounds like something worth hanging on to (to me.) :)

Sexban? Isn't that some sort of contraceptive?

"The pill" was originally for something else. The packaging said something like, "Side effects: May prevent pregnancy." Doctors prescribed it "off label" when their patients asked for it for the side effect.

Woody Allen is supposed to have quipped, "My girlfriend practices oral contraception: She says, "No.".

Lehi

This did not work out well for the Shakers. It also sounds like this guy is saying if I can't have sex you cannot. Keep in mind that in many fundamentalist movements that practice polygamy their are still rules governing adultery. So even in their twisted way this is still the case.

Archived