Seriously No Politics ×

I Am The Dcp Stalker

Frenchy

Just wanted to say thank you to all for the wonderful work you do. How much it means to me and I'm sure others like me. Thank you for those who defend the faith. Also, thank you for the critics for your counter view. And a special thanks to the anti's whose hostility, dishonesty, and behavior drowns out any legitimate critique.

Been reviewing and reading the posts for couple of weeks now. Awesome. Some of the topics over my head but I still enjoy learning.

I've actually bought a couple of books at the LDS book store years ago and recognize the names of the authors. Very cool.

Was inactive througout my teenage years. Friend of mine with no particular church affiliation began to look into churchs. When LDS came up we took the opposite route. Went straight to the anti sites. Just the because the outright lies and ugliness my friend decided where he wanted to be. He is now part of the Bishopric where he lives.

I've been active for awhile now. Took me a little longer than my friend. Have not read the entire BOM. Majority of my friends are not LDS but are aware I am. Have a deeply rooted, unshakeable testimony based on personal revelation.

Called to be a primary teacher for the CTR 6. Have been doing it for about 9 months now and absolutely love it. 12 little monsters with ADHD and I still feel I learn as much from them as they do from me.

Was asked to give a talk in Sacrament two weeks ago. Absolutely terrifying. Which is why I bought this computer. Thought I needed to get on line to .org for assist. Didn't workout however since did not get internet hooked up in time. Talk still went extremely well and everyone said how wonderful it was. Took the approach as if I was just speaking to me sitting out there instead of addressing the congregation as a whole. Apparently it worked.

Now that I've got the internet didn't know what to do with it so started looking around. I see alot of the anti arguments have changed but the hostility and lies haven't. This place is awesome.

I am an avid reader. Mostly scifi/fantasy stuff. Dragons and all that. Lately I've read some interesting, kind of strange books with a biblical bent. Hope no one minds if I ask some questions based on these books? Giants and angel stuff that make me go "huh"?

I am a fan of scific/fantasy, when religion is added in well, it can be a delight, when it is used as a punching bag (most often for organised religion as opposed to spirituality) it can get tedious quickly. Always looking for new stuff.

Thank you for the response. I'm still waiting for Sandersen to wrap up Jordan's Wheel of Time series and R.R.Martin to wrap up the The Game of Thrones.

I was told all the books I was reading were just "brain candy" and rotting my brain which is why I started spending more time in the LDS book store. That's where I bought Peterson's "Offender for a Word". Now that I found him I want my money back. Again I kid. But if I hadnt given it away I'd asked for it to be signed. I've moved on to reading Talmage now.

The angel book was neither faith promoting nor faith bashing. Author just used scripture as premise for fantasy book. Author used Genesis 6. However used the New American Bilble so reads as angels procreated with humans creating Nephilim. KJV doesn't lend to the authors agenda for the book at least the way I interpret it. Was wondering if could just get some thoughts on that.

Also put the spins that the children were the giants mentioned in the bible. Which makes me ask about the tribes of giants mentioned in the bible and whether if any giant bones have been found or were these tribes of giants just the football/basketball players of that time? (this is not intended to be horse/BOM question, I'm not interested in attempting to prove either book through archeology).

I know asking these questions here seem to be a lazy way of getting answers so if I need to do more homework don't hesitate to tell me so. My quad is within easy reach.

Seriously, Dr. Peterson has a stalker? Maybe it's time to get the authorities involved. Stalking is no laughing matter, unless you are stalking George Clooney. Don't ask.

The stalker actually stalks him on what people here like to call "The Site That Cannot Be Named". Or at least it may not be linked to here. I don't think the gent has taken to physically stalking Dr. Peterson. At least not yet.

Thank you for the response. I'm still waiting for Sandersen to wrap up Jordan's Wheel of Time series and R.R.Martin to wrap up the The Game of Thrones.

Have you read any Orson Scott Card? In his major work starting with Ender's Game, the main character happens to be LDS, although little if any LDS doctrine comes into view in the books -- if I remember correctly, anyway. Although the entity that comes into existence as part of the Ansible network appears to have acquired a consciousness, and this may be a manifestation of an aspect of LDS theology, at least as Card understands it. Or not.

One of OSC's book series actually uses the Book of Mormon as a pattern. I've read the series, and he leaves some interesting questions unanswered. Possibly intentionally. The Homecoming Saga.

And, welcome to the board!!

I like Card. Read Ender's Game a while back. I liked it. Haven't read any of the other one's in the Ender series. I'm going to have to re-read it now.

Mom just mailed me early Christmas present. Kids book by George Potter "The Wise Men of Bountiful". Gives explanation how the non-Jews from the east were aware of Christ's birth and how to find him.

Have you read any Orson Scott Card? In his major work starting with Ender's Game, the main character happens to be LDS, although little if any LDS doctrine comes into view in the books -- if I remember correctly, anyway. Although the entity that comes into existence as part of the Ansible network appears to have acquired a consciousness, and this may be a manifestation of an aspect of LDS theology, at least as Card understands it. Or not.

Ender isn't LDS though his mother is. His father is Catholic.