Seriously No Politics ×

Sad Story From Southern Alberta

sjdawg

it's awful. One of the missionaries in my ward comes from his small town, debating on whether or not tell him, but probably not just in case he knew him and I don't want to upset him

That is a tough call but if he comes from that small town he will hear about it quickly anyway.

I think you are wise in this, Duncan. His family will likely have more details, such as how the victims' families are coping. It can be very frustrating and distracting in these situations not knowing on top of not really being able to do anything. So sometimes it is best to wait to share information with people who are limited by distance in what they can do.

Was confusing when they referred to Stepple as his former girlfriend. There seemed to be three women at the bar in total with the two players one of whom was a player's GF (who kissed him good-bye). Perhaps Stepple was just along for the ride with Conway and there was no "cheating" going on and Jensen simply assumed because he only saw the two women and two men?

You bet there is stress growing up LDS. That is as it should be. But I note that drinking was probably part of Jensen's lifestyle now. I'll wager that alone results in more stress and pressure than a strict LDS lifestyle. I'll also wager that jealous love creates even more stress than that.

Was confusing when they referred to Stepple as his former girlfriend. There seemed to be three women at the bar in total with the two players one of whom was a player's GF (who kissed him good-bye). Perhaps Stepple was just along for the ride with Conway and there was no "cheating" going on and Jensen simply assumed because he only saw the two women and two men?

She was his ex-girlfriend that still lived with him is how I read the story. And she wasn't dating either of these men. She was hanging out with them and their two girlfriends. Sounds like she was in fact just along for the ride.

I would guess Jensen assumed there was something going on that wasn't.

An young man (raIsed LDS) committed a triple-murder suicide. I don't believe he had been active in the Church for a couple years but his family was quite devout. Very sad story for all families. I knew his family (not close at all, but knew of them)

http://www.edmontonj...8129/story.html

No society is immune.

Archived