Seriously No Politics ×

What Are Your Christmas Plans?

Duncan

So, what are your Christmas plans? For us, we are celebrating Christmas on the 28th as my sister and bro-in-law and their two kiddies are travelling and we have Aunt AGONY coming in from Saskatoon and so ..can't wait...BUT the 28th should be a great occasion! What are you doing for Christmas this year?

Gonna have a big Christmas Eve Dinner, see who shows up…. get up early, open gifts, go to church, have a brunch and leftovers… enjoy a relaxing day with all the kids and family if they want to come over.

Sounds like fun!

I already had Christmas with one son and his large family before they left for California to celebrate Christmas. Now I am going to Montana to spend Christmas with my other son and his family. So excited.

So, what are your Christmas plans? For us, we are celebrating Christmas on the 28th as my sister and bro-in-law and their two kiddies are travelling and we have Aunt AGONY coming in from Saskatoon and so ..can't wait...BUT the 28th should be a great occasion! What are you doing for Christmas this year?

Sleeping in comes to mind.

I almost forgot...I get to speak with my son on a mission, for a year now,

Our family gets together on Christmas Eve for a dinner and gift giving. We just relax and enjoy. It's always fun to watch the grandchildren open their presents. They get so excited!

Christmas Day hubby and I will go to church and otherwise have a pretty quiet day..which I love, after all of the activity of Christmas Eve. Our children are grown and married, so they go to their inlaws on Christmas Day.

Our family gets together on Christmas Eve for a dinner and gift giving. We just relax and enjoy. It's always fun to watch the grandchildren open their presents. They get so excited!

Christmas Day hubby and I will go to church and otherwise have a pretty quiet day..which I love, after all of the activity of Christmas Eve. Our children are grown and married, so they go to their inlaws on Christmas Day.

sounds great!

Quiet day... thankfully I don't have to be alone if I don't choose to be as wonderful ward friends make it known that I'm welcome to join in their days...

But I choose to go to Sac Mtg then home to my Bobby-cat... maybe I'll give him a new catnip toy.

Oh, and I'll call my sis (she lives in Missouri)... we actually talk almost every day. It's been 8 years since I've seen her, but we don't feel like it because sometimes we talk several times a day as things happen, etc. Other times we talk for an hour or more. We send pictures back and forth. So, it doesn't feel like we are so far apart or haven't seen each other in so long. She won't fly, and it's so expensive anyway... a recent windstorm with gusts over 60 mph blew down 3 sections of my 6' fence, so that has to be repaired. That will take care of the funds I had hoped to use to visit her next year... sigh...

GG

Quiet day... thankfully I don't have to be alone if I don't choose to be as wonderful ward friends make it known that I'm welcome to join in their days...

But I choose to go to Sac Mtg then home to my Bobby-cat... maybe I'll give him a new catnip toy.

Oh, and I'll call my sis (she lives in Missouri)... we actually talk almost every day. It's been 8 years since I've seen her, but we don't feel like it because sometimes we talk several times a day as things happen, etc. Other times we talk for an hour or more. We send pictures back and forth. So, it doesn't feel like we are so far apart or haven't seen each other in so long. She won't fly, and it's so expensive anyway... a recent windstorm with gusts over 60 mph blew down 3 sections of my 6' fence, so that has to be repaired. That will take care of the funds I had hoped to use to visit her next year... sigh...

GG

hopefully the fence can be repaired!

GG

Awww, GG...that's too bad about your fence. Isn't there someone in your Ward (or the missionaries, maybe?) who could fix it for you? I think it's sad that you can't visit your sister. My sister passed away last year and I really miss her. She was my only sister and we were close. I do still have a brother living and we are close, as well. The two of us are the last, remaining, of our immediate family.

I do hope there might be a way you could visit your sister. It IS good that you are able to keep in close contact by phone and other ways, though. That's great!

Awww, GG...that's too bad about your fence. Isn't there someone in your Ward (or the missionaries, maybe?) who could fix it for you? I think it's sad that you can't visit your sister. My sister passed away last year and I really miss her. She was my only sister and we were close. I do still have a brother living and we are close, as well. The two of us are the last, remaining, of our immediate family.

I do hope there might be a way you could visit your sister. It IS good that you are able to keep in close contact by phone and other ways, though. That's great!

Thanks Libs... I'm to call my home teacher and have him work with EQ pres (they fixed it last year when only one section was affected, but this is three big sections and it may be too much) and we'll see what can be done.

I'm close to my sis too, and I could manage funds but it is also a hassle I don't look forward to, i.e., the whole flying/baggage costs/security etc etc. I'll probably go next year... We don't have many years to visit... I don't know what I'll do when she's gone and I know she feels the same about me.

GG

That's good to hear, about the fence, GG. Hope something can be done.

I hear ya, about Christmas travel! I had to take my cousin to the airport on Thursday evening, in rush hour traffic and that was NOT fun! Plus, the airport was crowded with travelers. My cousin just lost her husband last month and is traveling alone, so I wanted to help her with her luggage and such. She is going to be with her son, in Boston, for Christmas. She got off okay, but it was not easy! :)

I think, for most of us, there is a special bond between sisters, for sure. This cousin, I mentioned above, has also been like a sister. The three of us (my sister, my cousin and myself) were all very close, growing up.