Seriously No Politics ×

Introducing Myself

Hello. I've been reading mormondialogue.org off and on for several years and finally decided to make an account. I am in my 30s, LDS raised and active. Served a mission in Sweden. I am a professional artist, graduated from the BYU illustration program. Now working in the software and gaming industry as well as painting, illustrating, and also producing music (on the side). I guess you could call me a "creative".

I developed a love affair with history that started after graduating from college. Most of my study has been secular. In addition to the very few books I've read on the subject, the threads on this site discussing the history of and arguments for the Church I find most fascinating. So between my day-job, art career, moonlighting work, church callings, treating my wife like the Goddess she is, and raising 4 inquisitive kids, I hope to grow my knowledge and contribute to the ever-flowing dialogue in some minute way.

Nice to future-meet you all.

Hi! and welcome. Thank you for this introduction. I am an active LDS convert. I was baptized 11 years ago and am as on fire today as I was then.

I've seen your name around for a bit now and was wondering if you were ever going to speak up. ;)

You have what sounds like a great fun life. Gaming huh? It's all about minecraft in our home right now.

God bless you and yours. I'm looking forward to your input!

Nice to meet you too.

Welcome from the beautiful central Oregon coast... I'm lifelong member but was inactive for many years... reactivated 14 years ago starting all over at square one and as I studied, prayed, and fasted my testimony came roaring back stronger than ever. And so here I am today... the proverbial old woman who lives with my cat in a cottage-by-the-sea.

I'm interested in the fact that you are an artist... I paint in oils and draw in pastels. I've been concentrating on developing a line of greeting cards featuring my cat, Bob. A beautiful white/black cat (picture a pinto pony markings). When my husband was alive, I had a line called "Oregon Coast Scenes" featuring his photography, and carried in 7 gift shops along our coast. When my husband passed away, I lost heart in the cards, but now am starting again but with my own drawings/paintings.

Glad you're here... I think you'll find it interesting. Again, welcome...

GG

I have felt inclined to chime in a few times but don't feel scholarly adequate I will lurk for now and get a sense of the ground first.

Scholarship is not the requirement. But I wish everyone were required to spend at least a couple of weeks, say 20 hours, without the privilege of posting so he'd learn who's who, and what his positions are; perhaps even see which topics have already been hashed to purée.

Welcome, and doubly so for your willingness to prepare before the battle.

Lehi

Thanks everyone.

Nominee: I have felt inclined to chime in a few times but don't feel scholarly adequate :) I will lurk for now and get a sense of the ground first. :)

I lurked for awhile also. :ph34r: Lehi is right, scholarship is not the requirement but it does help tremendously to get a sense of things around here. Again, welcome.

Scholarship is not the requirement. But I wish everyone were required to spend at least a couple of weeks, say 20 hours, without the privilege of posting so he'd learn who's who, and what his positions are; perhaps even see which topics have already been hashed to purée.

Welcome, and doubly so for your willingness to prepare before the battle.

Lehi

Precisely so. Over the past few weeks, I feel like I've got to know a few people and their positions. I do t want to be one of a bumbling Neanderthal.

Welcome, young paduan. Come on in. The water's fine. Don't hesitate to chime in. Feel free to be just as crazy as the rest of us. Except me. I'm the only sane one here. And remember, blood is thicker than water.

Bernard

Edited by Bernard Gui

I spent several months trying to discern who was who and where everyone stood and finally just decided to jump in. Frankly, I still don't know where some people land on certain things so I just play it by ear on a daily basis. Probably a failing on my part rather than someone else.. MW

Hehe, I'm a Game Designer myself (though as a hobby, not a job).

Welcome to the board, in any case =D.

Best WIshes,

-TAO

Sweet! I'm definitely more artist and graphic designer than game designer but I've done enough of it to know how difficult it is to make something "fun".