Seriously No Politics ×

Please Be In Prayer For My Mother…

Yesterday we had Thanksgiving at her house. Then around 6:00 she started having chest pains and we took her to the hospital. As some of you know she has Alzheimer’s and has been feeling very depressed. Today her doctor said that he would rather risk he kidneys with a CT with contrast because he thinks she might have a defect in her heart wall.

This is a woman like no other; I know all children should believe this about their Mothers, but in my case it is true. I have never known a more charitable human being in all my life. She inspired this poem I wrote for her many years ago…but now she needs my prayers and I hope yours as well.

When My Mother Prays

When my mother prays

Angels take their flight.

To guard my way by day,

To protect me in the night.

When I forget in whom I trust

And bow on bended knee,

There is one who won't forget

To pled my case to Thee.

In darkness I have walked

Not knowing well the cost.

A voice was heard on high

Before my soul was lost.

In sickness and in health

Circumstances tho' they be,

My name Thou can't forget

When my Mother prays for me.

In the purest form of love

Her prayers for me are heard.

In language known to angels,

In the simple spoken word.

And yet these words ascend

To Thy throne exalted high.

Request for promised blessings

Which Thou cannot deny.

Blessed is her name,

Her devotion knows no bounds.

In her quit secret place

On her knees she will be found.

With courage, I will face

The trials of coming days.

The heavens shake for my good

When my Mother prays.

(William E. Lee)

Copyright 1995

I know what a long mile it is to walk, in those moccasins you wear. She sounds a lot like my mom.

You honor her well. I will pray for you both.

Yesterday we had Thanksgiving at her house. Then around 6:00 she started having chest pains and we took her to the hospital. As some of you know she has Alzheimer’s and has been feeling very depressed. Today her doctor said that he would rather risk he kidneys with a CT with contrast because he thinks she might have a defect in her heart wall.

This is a woman like no other; I know all children should believe this about their Mothers, but in my case it is true. I have never known a more charitable human being in all my life. She inspired this poem I wrote for her many years ago…but now she needs my prayers and I hope yours as well.

When My Mother Prays

When my mother prays

Angels take their flight.

To guard my way by day,

To protect me in the night.

When I forget in whom I trust

And bow on bended knee,

There is one who won't forget

To pled my case to Thee.

In darkness I have walked

Not knowing well the cost.

A voice was heard on high

Before my soul was lost.

In sickness and in health

Circumstances tho' they be,

My name Thou can't forget

When my Mother prays for me.

In the purest form of love

Her prayers for me are heard.

In language known to angels,

In the simple spoken word.

And yet these words ascend

To Thy throne exalted high.

Request for promised blessings

Which Thou cannot deny.

Blessed is her name,

Her devotion knows no bounds.

In her quit secret place

On her knees she will be found.

With courage, I will face

The trials of coming days.

The heavens shake for my good

When my Mother prays.

(William E. Lee)

Copyright 1995

Pa,Pa we all pray for your dear mother..... but also reality is that we must all leave this mortality sometime; when i got word my mother had passed 20 years ago; the first thought that came to mind was not selfish for my {our} sakes but for my mother.. whom i was actually releived that she was not suffering in bad health anymore... my thought was "its finally over for her" and i thanked God....

Of course! She is in my prayers. You have certainly had an adventurous year with medical issues.

Yes many ups and downs...my son and daughter-in-law told us Sunday that Ashley is 13 weeks pregnant. This will make six grandchildren. Life is an odd thing. But is true one cannot know joy without knowing sorrow.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Yes many ups and downs...my son and daughter-in-law told us Sunday that Ashley is 13 weeks pregnant. This will make six grandchildren. Life is an odd thing. But is true one cannot know joy without knowing sorrow.

You are catching up with me, PaPa. We had our sixth grandchild this last July.

How is your mother doing?

Edited by Libs

That's a dreadful disease, PaPa. I am so sorry. :(

You and your family have my continued prayers.

Not well...Alzheimer's is taking her away from me. At times I become so angry I want to curse God and die!

http://lds.org/ensig...elissa+georgell

Papa, about half way down, there's a great story from President Monson. One of his best. =). Even if they are gone, in memory... even if we don't get a miracle... we must always remember that we will be able to see them again... and that they will be restored once more =D.

Edited by TAO

http://lds.org/ensig...elissa+georgell

Papa, about half way down, there's a great story from President Monson. One of his best. =). Even if they are gone, in memory... even if we don't get a miracle... we must always remember that we will be able to see them again... and that they will be restored once more =D.

I know. but I am so such tender feelings toward her. She has always been so strong. In December 1960 when my mother found out that her husband and my biological father had married another woman and had a child by her (his job kept his out of State; or so she thought) she divorced him. He came by once to get money for our house payments but took the money to flee the State. So we were left homeless. My mother found a house nearby which was a one bedroom with two other small rooms. So here she was 27 years old with three children and her Mother in tow walking down the street...I looked up in her and asked; how Santa would find us...the horror in her face haunts me to this day. No Santa was coming!