Seriously No Politics ×

Crop Circles - What Are They?

Zakuska

So after I watcherd Thor, I got thinking... Dangerous I know... Now granted Thor is a Hollywood depiction of an ancient legend. And removing the fact that many crop circles are indeed hoaxs...

What if Crop circles are actually created by some sort of ray machine on another planet and the ETs are using them to draw grafitti on our sphere and comunicate with us some how?

I agree, IMO about 95% have been proven to be hoaxes... it's that other approx 5% that gives one pause...

Have you ever looked at some of the intricate designs that have appeared? The level of competence to 1) figure out the measurements of the patterns, and 2) to actually implement them is truly amazing. I don't know how a group using ropes and boards can make some of the patterns I've seen, without leaving any trace of their own footsteps, etc leading to and/or between the areas of the design.

Zak... do you ever listen to Coast to Coast? Ha! As someone who has insomnia quite often, I've heard many an interesting program related to crop circles, paranormal activity, shadow people, etc etc.

Last night was such a night... I tuned in about 2:00 a.m., and just in time to hear this author telling about his fictional book (can't remember his name). The title is "The Lost Stones." George Noory was questioning him about the premise behind the story... and the author says... Well, in the Book of Mormon there's a story about a group of people who set out across the sea in barges... but before doing so they were worried about how they would have light because of the style of barge... and so their leader was told by God to take 16 stones, which God touched, and they provided undending light... and his novel is about an archaeologist trying to find such stones.

He went on to tell how he had researched some of the ancient lore, particularly Egyptian, but from other sources as well, and there were similar instances of writing about unending light, etc. I'm kind of foggy on all he said, but it was so interesting how casually he cited the BoM story.

GG

I agree, IMO about 95% have been proven to be hoaxes... it's that other approx 5% that gives one pause...

Have you ever looked at some of the intricate designs that have appeared? The level of competence to 1) figure out the measurements of the patterns, and 2) to actually implement them is truly amazing. I don't know how a group using ropes and boards can make some of the patterns I've seen, without leaving any trace of their own footsteps, etc leading to and/or between the areas of the design.

Zak... do you ever listen to Coast to Coast? Ha! As someone who has insomnia quite often, I've heard many an interesting program related to crop circles, paranormal activity, shadow people, etc etc.

Last night was such a night... I tuned in about 2:00 a.m., and just in time to hear this author telling about his fictional book (can't remember his name). The title is "The Lost Stones." George Noory was questioning him about the premise behind the story... and the author says... Well, in the Book of Mormon there's a story about a group of people who set out across the sea in barges... but before doing so they were worried about how they would have light because of the style of barge... and so their leader was told by God to take 16 stones, which God touched, and they provided undending light... and his novel is about an archaeologist trying to find such stones.

He went on to tell how he had researched some of the ancient lore, particularly Egyptian, but from other sources as well, and there were similar instances of writing about unending light, etc. I'm kind of foggy on all he said, but it was so interesting how casually he cited the BoM story.

GG

As of Late my new TV obsessions have been BradMelzters - Decoded and History - Ancient Aliens.

I also bought a book called "History is Wrong - by Erich von Daniken". He does the exact same thing... quotes the BOM casually and non-schelantly. Now this book is full of UFO consipracy and Ancient Astronauts and Aliens, so you have to take it with a huge dose of salt... however... some of the legends that he brings together are so Intreeging.

Now remember National Treasure 2 - Book of Secrets? How they follow this map coded in the Declaration of Independance, find this secret chamber with all kinds of Ancient records and treasures.

This legend of a hall of Records is deep rooted in the American History.

Now in this book I have hes spending all this time to talk about this legend of the hall of Records. Guess where he says it is?

A province in Southern Ecuador named... "Morona-Santiago". Its supposed to contain a Metal Library stacked on shelves in a constructed chamber or cave. Back in the 1960's there were over 400 different expeditions to a set of Caves in Ecuador named "Cuevo de los Tayos" looking for this Metal Library. It is a verified expedition since Neil Armstong went with the British Army and the Ecadorian Police on the expedition and I have a copy of the Letter that verifies that Armstrong was in the cave system. I had a thread earlier on here about that.

They never found the Library... and there is were the consipracy theories start. Current authors claim that the actual Cave entrance is under water in a river and has to be swam into. Cool stuff.

Edited by Zakuska
Last night ...I tuned in [to "Coast to Coast"] about 2:00 a.m., and just in time to hear this author telling about his [book of Mormon-themed] fictional book (can't remember his name). The title is "The Lost Stones."

Paul Rimmasch

Lehi

P.S.: No, I didn't listen, but I google with the best of them. LS

Edited by LeSellers

Its not a good idea to summarily dismiss something you don't understand. There are too many anomolies to be so sure of the company line. To this traveler it doesn't look like a gradual climb from the simple to our present. Too many clues of lost technologies and past advancements.

So after I watcherd Thor, I got thinking... Dangerous I know... Now granted Thor is a Hollywood depiction of an ancient legend. And removing the fact that many crop circles are indeed hoaxs...

Just for the record, the movie Thor is a Hollywood depiction of a Marvel comic book loosely based on ancient legend. However, the characterization of Thor and Odin was not too far off of the way they act around me.

That doesn't mean I'm special at all, they are just happy that someone who is not a skinhead is willing to invite them over once in a while.

Current authors claim that the actual Cave entrance is under water in a river and has to be swimmed into. Cool stuff.

They used ancient giant nautilus shells as air tanks.

Its not a good idea to summarily dismiss something you don't understand.

Thanks for the qualifier..

tacos.png

Cueva de los Tacos. My good friends Fred and Barney turned me on to this..

Edited by shalamabobbi

What if Crop circles are actually created by some sort of ray machine on another planet and the ETs are using them to draw grafitti on our sphere and comunicate with us some how?

Crop circles aside, there are many other things that were done to the earth which seem impossible without flight…as an old helicopter man; hovering flight.

True anomalies are rare. That is why they are called anomalies.

Sure, a vastly technologically superior society from a distant planet could come here just to mess with some poor farmers' mind. But I don't see the point.

Reread my post. I agree I do not subscribe to "a vastly technologically superior society from a distant planet could come here just to mess with some poor farmers' mind".

Anomolies are deviations from the normal and I agree they should be rare but they are not rare when one looks. That is why I think that our party line "normal" should be reexamined.

So if they are not the result of some superior technology from some other planet, and we can duplicate them ourselves with pretty simple ones(a couple of lengths of rope, a few boards, and a flashlight). Why attribute them to some advanced cilvilization at all?

Boredom with literally watching the crops grow, and a active imagination make more sense than fanciful flights of "Advanced" civilizations.

So if they are not the result of some superior technology from some other planet, and we can duplicate them ourselves with pretty simple ones(a couple of lengths of rope, a few boards, and a flashlight). Why attribute them to some advanced cilvilization at all?

Boredom with literally watching the crops grow, and a active imagination make more sense than fanciful flights of "Advanced" civilizations.

You persist in misreading what I am writing.

I do not know nor do I care what caused or causes crop circles. I am not attributing them to advanced civilizations. The part you missed is that I was attributing the over abundance of anomolies to advanced civilizations.

99.9% are hoaxes.... The rest are likely simple weather phenomena.

Coast to Coast AM is full of "kooks". Not worth listening to. Becomes more clear their falsehoods as the years go by.

Crop circles aside, there are many other things that were done to the earth which seem impossible without flight…as an old helicopter man; hovering flight.

ldsfaqs... Maybe so, and for the most part I agree although it does make the sleepless hours pass more quickly... but there's some "regular" people who've had experiences that give me a chill, things that are not so easily brushed away.

Pa Pa... That's the thing that gave me pause in Erik von Denigen's(sp) book, "Chariots of the Gods"... where he showed the huge "pictures" etched into the rocks/earth below that no one ever knew were there until flight was discovered. These aren't just small things either; they are large enough to be viewed from quite high, particularly the one that looked like directional markings. No, while I'm pretty much in the skeptic mode in regard to most of these things, there's still some that have me going... hmmmm...

True story... I have a very dear friend who told me about this time he and his wife had moved into this new two story duplex... one night he and his wife were awakened by the sound of someone coming up the uncarpeted wooden steps to the second floor... he pulled her off the bed and got his gun from the nightstand and they crouched behing the bed, he pointing the gun at the doorway... the cat got up and with ears forward took a stance at the edge of the bed very alert, looking at the doorway. They could hear the steps pause at the top of the stairs and then proceed down the hall toward their bedroom, where they stopped at the doorway... but no one was there... the cat remained alert, staring at the door. Finally, the cat relaxed and layed down again. No other sounds were heard.

About a month later, the same thing happened... footsteps coming up the stairs. This time my friend got his gun and sat on the end of the bed, gun in his lap, waiting... again the cat was alert and looking at the doorway. Again the footsteps stopped at the doorway. Again there was nothing visible. This time however, the cat jumped down from the bed and went to the doorway and started weaving back and forth as if rubbing against someone's legs the way cats do. After a few minutes the cat sat down, looking upward, and finally turned and jumped back up on the bed... and there was no other activity or sounds. They didn't hear anything again and moved shortly thereafter.

When my friend told me of this experience, he said the fact that they had both experienced this but particularly the cat's behavior was what made this real for them but he wondered about the second time and how the cat could be so "comfortable" with whatever was happening since it was only the second time they experienced this phenomenon... I said, how do you know it didn't happen numerous times when you were both at work and the cat had become familiar enough with such an event that the second time they heard it the cat was familiar and comfortable with what was happening.

I completely believe this story because of the integrity of my friend... he had no explanation and accepted it as something that had happened to them that they could not explain...

Edit to Add... now all the skeptics and naysayers can pooh-pooh this, but as I said, I believe my friend and if you knew him (the original skeptic) you would have to consider seriously what he was telling...

from the beach on a fall day, leaves falling from trees... GG

Edited by Garden Girl

Next two books on my list...

"Chariots of the Gods"...

"Gold of the Gods"...

"Chariots of the Gods" does not change my view of the gospel, or of the larger picture in relation to who I am or why I'm here, etc., it is just one of those things that no one seems to be able to explain and that I find very interesting...

GG

Next two books on my list...

"Chariots of the Gods"...

"Gold of the Gods"...

I read them years ago. They ask some interesting questions that I think should be asked and asked again. I don;t subscribe to ancient aliens but there are definitly some anomolies that defiatly cast doubt on the present uniformaterian view of history.

"Chariots of the Gods" does not change my view of the gospel, or of the larger picture in relation to who I am or why I'm here, etc., it is just one of those things that no one seems to be able to explain and that I find very interesting...

GG

Mine either. Von Dahnikan askes the right questions. Unfortunatly I think his answers are as far off as the current uniformitarian history.

Edited by ERayR

Problem with daniken is he makes stuff up as he goes. Try this link for a bit of information on him. http://www.skepdic.com/vondanik.html That site has some interesting articles on other ideas as well such as crop circles. http://www.skepdic.com/cropcirc.html oddly enough. lol.

Now I do not discount every odd claim but some have much more logical explanations that aliens.