Seriously No Politics ×

Last Movie You Watched

altersteve

I'm super stoked to see the movie about Judy Garland with Renee Zellwegger. Awhile back I started watching youtubes of Judy, so seeing a movie about it will be fun. Too bad her life ended the way it did though. Renee is amazing in it from some of the promo videos. She sings, no lip synching. But I'm worried that the major theatres won't show it, sometimes that happens. So I'll have to find one that will show it. It's suppose to open on Sept. 27th, but it's not showing up at the big theatres around me yet.

Yes , if you seen the series, well... for me it was great and I might even watch it again.

Another one .. well this is not a family movie ..... somethign like deadwood the movie and it wasn't as harsh as ? oh the little Disney guy was in it, now old but .. ? anyway it was like the bad eight or the worse 8 people or nasty hating people of 8 ? oh well it was a rough cussing NON-family old days wagon pioneers movie so not that important anyway and anyway I won't remember it.

Last one we saw was some sci fi usually a favourite :yahoo: and it just wasn't that good :nea:   .. title ? something like ad hoc ... no ..? something ad .. forward to / off to/ directly to astro astronomy / star or such anyhoo it was the worse movie this year I couldn't believe it.

OKAY THEN and my carefully carefree, what was that study... casual and ? careful anyway my segue into my closing here with I'M TIRED TYPING NOW tumblr_n5wfli0mEm1skkikbo1_400.gif

Edited by Wellmired
13 hours ago, bluebell said:

I saw it last night and really liked it.  It was a lot of fun.

I saw Downton Abbey tonight and I loved it. It was faster-paced than the series, because of time constraints of course, which held my attention for the 2+ hrs running time. The Dowager Countess stole the show, as usual:)

I've told you previously about my film library... I add to it... some new films, but my favorites are the Oldies... I just received six DVD's I ordered from a catalog... I'm watching "The Jazz Singer" (1980) starring Neil Diamond... I love his music.   Other Dvd's include... 

The Out-of-Towners starring Jack Lemon/Sandy Dennis (1970)

School Ties starring Brandon Fraser/Matt Damon (1992)

Quest for Fire starring Rae Dawn Chong/Ron Perlman 

Dead Poets Society starring Robin Williams 

Donovan's Reef starring John Wayne/Lee Marvin 

GG

Edited by Garden Girl

Oh nice. Vaguely remember that 'Quest for Fire', reminds me of ?  cave bear ? mm? clan cavebear ? such, 'Space Odyssey' or that 'One Million YEars B.C.' one.

Lets see-- ' Nell ' and probably one of millions of film types of her, 'JOAN OF ARC' being one of my favs like Deborah or JAEL in some old tomes/stories.  

Millions ? meant hundreds or several... yes yes, possibly a trace my ever enlightening, quintessential over-embellishment for flair or impact, its an old habit.

Now for series probably the Russian ' Better than Us ' flicks on netFIX.   Okay then.  Guess that's enough on that topic for a few years.

Edited by Wellmired
Felt inspired, to tidy up dossier? that was a bit of humour eh!?!?!!LATERZZZZZZZZZ UPDATE :: plus I forgot a comma, did I mention I'm not machina eh??!?!/ex/ad hoc/ad/blah oh... another good movie oh wellzzz laterzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz tahtAH! all that rot.

Anyone who likes sci-fi survival movies will probably like Timetrap (it's either on Netflix or Prime, I can't remember which one i was one when I watched it).  It's a fun movie about a cave where time moves differently than it does in the outside world.  It's TV-14 so suitable for families with older kids (which is rare these days) and has mostly unknown actors (except for one, who has been on a t.v. series before).

OKAY ! ... ' Timetrap' THANKS ! 

I just had to catch this again and this rightly has to be just about my favourite:' ' ' Downton Abbey ' ' THE MOVIE ! '

I've a better one of Smith but, misplaced it so funny, this'll do.... maggie-smith-dinner.jpg . .  not exact so don't quote me... 

Isobel Crawley:  I see that Machiavellian eye in you. 

Violet Crawley Dowager Countess:
 “Machiavelli is frequently underrated, he had many qualities."
 Isobel Crawley:  So did Caligula but that didn't save anyone. 
misc.:
Heard of a new series or movie btw : : Roman Empire: Caligula: The Mad blah blah blah oh netFIX probably just so so.

Edited by Wellmired
pic OF COURSE! HELLO! that's what the net's about! *echo ECHO*****
9 hours ago, bluebell said:

Anyone who likes sci-fi survival movies will probably like Timetrap (it's either on Netflix or Prime, I can't remember which one i was one when I watched it).  It's a fun movie about a cave where time moves differently than it does in the outside world.  It's TV-14 so suitable for families with older kids (which is rare these days) and has mostly unknown actors (except for one, who has been on a t.v. series before).

I watched that. I expected it to be much worse. :) I had just tried Black Rain. Now, that is a bad movie. ;)

Finally got around to seeing Yesterday - the one where everyone in the world loses all memory of the Beatles. 

I wouldn't consider it to be a 'great' movie, but it was pretty cute...and it had a bunch of Beatles tunes mixed in, which is always a good thing. :)

1 hour ago, Tacenda said:

This looks super weird. Any thoughts on it?

It's not Mormon friendly, it's meant as a counter to last year's movie Heredity, Midsommar was produced by the same guy.  I love it for the Northern European paganism, movie is not for the faint of heart.  Also yep, it's super weird hence why I would like it.

On 10/9/2019 at 10:37 PM, poptart said:

It's not Mormon friendly, it's meant as a counter to last year's movie Heredity, Midsommar was produced by the same guy.  I love it for the Northern European paganism, movie is not for the faint of heart.  Also yep, it's super weird hence why I would like it.

I saw the previews.  It looks well produced.

On 10/10/2011 at 2:57 PM, altersteve said:

Say what you thought about the film, who's in it, what's about, etc., and try to include the rating and the reason for its rating in your review so that the parents here can be informed about whether or not they should take their kids to go see it.

Last movie I saw was Warrior, for the third time. An amazing and intense film starring Joel Edgerton, Tom Hardy, and Nick Nolte about two brothers who enter a mixed martial arts tournament, both for a good reason, and their strained relationship with each other and with their father. The intense fight scenes and the acting are phenomenal. I strongly suggest watching it, even if you're not a fan of MMA (I'm not, and I still loved it), because the mixed martial arts fighting is not the focus of the film; it's message is about the bonds of family and the power of forgiveness, and if it doesn't make you cry (or at least get a little emotional) or cheer, then you probably don't have a heart. Highly recommended. (It's PG-13 for "sequences of intense mixed martial arts fighting, some language and thematic material," so it's not for young children. The fight scenes are very brutal at times, the themes are mature and emotional, and the language is brief but strong.)

I plan on seeing the new Hugh Jackman film Real Steel tonight. I'm an avid movie watcher and I work at a movie theater, so I get to see movies there for free, so I may be posting here a lot. ;)

"Ephraim's Rescue."

I know, it was released six years ago.. But we bought it on DVD, and I hadn't gotten around to watching it until last night.

It's a T.C. Christensen film, a follow-up to his "17 Miracles."

It's about the pioneer who, returning to Salt Lake City from a hunting trip, saw a vision in which a man asked him "to go and bring in the handcart people." As a result of the vision, he was outfitted and ready to go immediately when Brigham Young issued the call to Church members. 

He possessed the gift of healing in large measure. 

I was very moved by the film.

On 9/27/2019 at 8:04 AM, bluebell said:

I saw it last night and really liked it.  It was a lot of fun.

I went recently, having never watched the series. I went with a friend who actually bought the series. I was semi excited to go since having never seen the series. I partially watched the 1st episode awhile back. But boy did I love the movie!

Saw Gemini Man last night.  It was o.k.  Not my favorite, and was pretty slow in the middle, but entertaining.  I feel like the story needed to be developed more, and though what they managed to pull off in the special effects department is pretty amazing, there are still some parts and look odd enough that it's distracting.  

I just finished watching a movie on the Encore-Family channel.... one of my favorites... a delightful, fun, family film titled "Secondhand Lions," starring Robert Duvall and Michael Caine.  It's a wonderful film that would be good for a family evening with lots of popcorn.   About 2 elderly uncles raising their young nephew... Lots of laughs and tender moments... It's probably available on Netflix, etc.

GG

Edited by Garden Girl