Seriously No Politics ×

I Am All For Creative Solutions....But Mimes?

Calm

Totally not related to anything religious unless part of your religions is anti-mime (I've known a few people who act like it is, lol).....

Never would have thought of this solution to traffic problems myself....

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/stronger-silent-venezuela-city-sends-mimes-tame-lawless-164003001.html

CARACAS, Venezuela - A part of Venezuela's capital is giving dangerous drivers the silent treatment, sending mimes into the streets to do what police alone have not: tame the lawless traffic.

About 120 mimes dressed in clown-like outfits and white gloves took to the streets of the Sucre district this past week, wagging their fingers at traffic violators and at pedestrians who streaked across busy avenues rather than waiting at crosswalks.

They found plenty to keep them busy in a city where motorcycle riders roar down sidewalks, buses drop passengers in the middle of busy streets and drivers treat red lights and speed limits as suggestions rather than orders.

"Most people are collaborating, but bad habits are usually hard to break and some drivers just don't change their ways," said Neidy Suarez, an 18-year-old mime wearing fluorescent yellow overalls and a bright red ribbon wrapped around her pigtails.

Suarez frowned, thrust her hands forward in a "stop" motion and then pointed to a red light as a motorcyclist raced toward a crosswalk filled with pedestrians.

"Some people get angry when we reprimand them," Suarez said. Some drivers have shouted insults after a silent rebuke.

"But most people react agreeably and some have offered compliments," Suarez said, raising her voice from time to time so she would be heard amid the honking horns, ambulance sirens, rumbling bus engines and music throbbing from car stereos.

Apparently it's been successful in Bogota, Columbia...

To tie this into the board's usual topics is difficult....perhaps suggesting the Church employ them to deal with the street preachers during conference?

...perhaps suggesting the Church employ them to deal with the street preachers during conference?

Dang good idea!

Or better yet- get some mime person to organize a group of volunteers to "battle" their volunteers- all in silence!

That would be perfect! Don't get "the church" involved because then it won't happen- just do it!! BYU drama department? BYUI? LDS Business?

Community volunteers?

Cool idea!

Edit: And might it happen that if the mimes we successful people would just end up laughing their way through the gauntlet??

Wouldn't that be great??

Edited by mfbukowski

Buffy: So then she's like, 'It's share-time.' And I'm like, 'Oh yeah? Share this!' (Buffy punches the air a few times.)

Oz: So either you hit her or you did your wacky mime routine for her.

Buffy: Well, I didn't do either, actually. But she deserved it, don't ya think?

Oz: Nobody deserves mime, Buffy.

Buffy: Kathy does. She deserves to be locked in an invisible box and blown away by an imaginary wind, and —

Oz: Forced to wear a binding unitard?

Buffy: Yeah, the itchy kind! It's perfect!

th_unitard.jpg

Edited by The Nehor
  • 2 weeks later...