Seriously No Politics ×

Whats In Your Icon?

KevinG

Mine is a picture of my part Australian Shepherd, part Chow, part Retreiver when she was a puppy. I call her my chocolate Collie.

I chose it because it was cute. No other real significange to it.

- - -

So I've noticed some real interesting designs, characters and symbols. I'd like to know what they all say about you!

Thanks!

Mine is a replacement for my previous avatar (which was better as it was easier to tell what it was, i.e., a little yellow bird wearing a beret, with a painter's palette). The one I have now is also a bird with a painter's palette, but unless you enlarge it you can't really tell what it is.... the significance is that I'm an artist... paint in oils, draw in pastels...

from the beach... GG

Lotus blossom. Represents spiritual unfolding.

I just like having fun with graphics programs. I use them to enhance my digital photos as well but they can do alot more. In this one I chose a planet with a moon. The large planet is actually a piece of wood showing the grains (pine I think) and putting it into a round shape then add shadows with reflections. LOL. Its fun to create stuff. Im probably gonna change that again in a few weeks.

I had an employee who was an amateur comic book artist. He did he own version of X-Men with the heros being the employees at our store. I was a decapitated head (super genius) that lived in a container. In his second issue, I was given a super robotic body and went out to avenge the villain who decapitated me.

My avatar is from the page where I announce myself to the villain.

My avatar is of daisies, which are my favorite flower... The reason I like them comes from a Mormonad in the New Era back in the 1980's... There was a vase full of Red Roses, and in the center was a daisy... The theme was "Be Your Own Kind Of Beautiful"...

I have tired to pattern my life after the humble daisy... Daisies bloom where they are planted... They do not have to be pampered in a "hot house" to grow... They bloom in the fields, and in the ditches and roadsides...

I try to "bloom" in adverse conditions too!!

Silver Girl

:)

Mine is one of the Contemplative Sprite statues by Frank Lloyd Wright. I fell in love with them the moment I saw them and it is on the top of my wish list (have for once laid down the law on what gift is to come to me next birthday, for which my daughter expressed great gratitude as she says I'm very difficult to shop for as I have very precise tastes on what I like and don't like, but don't ask for things...except books and that apparently got old after ten years or so.)

http://phoenix.about...a/sprites01.htm

When I get my own, I will do a headshot so that a bit more detail can be seen or I may change to this one if I can get it to work:

1063138104_9e5ac7d8cd.jpg

PS: I am unsure about copyright on these, if something is posted in the public domain of flicker does this mean one can link to it for personal use?

This is the version I've requested, tabletop size as I'm not about to let them just sit out in the garden, they would make my garden look a bit too shabby, lol:

http://www.exterior-accents.com/frllwrmigasp2.html

Edited by calmoriah

Okay so I lost my goldfish (that some people thought looked like a taxi) so I had to find one to replace it. This is what I have for now. I am not in love with it though so we will see what happens with it. As for the goldfish, they are nice, easy going pets who don't require much work. I suppose that is something I would like to be. A nice, easy going person who doesn't require much work. LOL, I have a long ways to go before I achieve that though. :)

Mine is a picture of my part Australian Shepherd, part Chow, part Retreiver when she was a puppy. I call her my chocolate Collie.

- - -

So I've noticed some real interesting designs, characters and symbols. I'd like to know what they all say about you!

Thanks!

Since you asked and having realized I would never get back my other avatar back, I decided on this one. A friend was telling me once about her mother who had undergone many chemo treatments and wanted to stop…but she did not want her husband and children to think she had given up.

So I wrote this to her mother, although we had never met…I did met her father after she had passed. So here is the poem…the icon will be evident. Her mother wanted her to let me know it was the answer to her prayers. Her name appears at the bottom, this poems has been used at many funerals since.

Laying Down the Sword

Fractured light against the sky

As clouds conceal the westward flight,

Autumn colors that brightly shine

Announce the coming of the night.

The day is ending, as it should

Content that I have done my best,

While others bid me labor on

I desire to be at rest.

With the ending now before me

To the victor goes the race,

The finish line is clearly drawn

In the lines upon my face.

Like a warrior from the battle

For peace my soul doth seek,

The spirit strong and willing

The flesh so very weak.

Weep not for me my children

Weep not for me my friend,

This is a new beginning

And, not a tragic end.

I am called to others labors

In the service of my Lord,

I’m not giving up the battle

I’m just laying down my sword.

(William E. Lee)

December 1998

Copyright 1998

Dedicated to:

Mary Margaret Bourne McQuade

Okay so I lost my goldfish (that some people thought looked like a taxi) so I had to find one to replace it. This is what I have for now. I am not in love with it though so we will see what happens with it. As for the goldfish, they are nice, easy going pets who don't require much work. I suppose that is something I would like to be. A nice, easy going person who doesn't require much work. LOL, I have a long ways to go before I achieve that though. :)
But they start to smell if you don't pay attention to them and they swim around in their poop so are you sure they make a good mascot for you?

EbedAv3.png

Mine is a somewhat modified self portrait but of what I think I would appear like about 2000 years ago. The slit eyes, hooked nose, high cheek and thin lips are me. The gaunt look is defineitely not me but rather what I suspect I would look like given the rations common to the era. Herod's Temple in Jerusalem is in the background.

I always choose a depiction of Mary Magdelene and have used several different paintings of her as avatars on this site. I do this to remind myself that I am among "the least of these" and that I needed the healing power of the Lord to save me. Usually (not always) it reminds me that if I can be saved, anyone can - so I should treat everyone like the glorious sons and daughters of God that they are.

Since you asked and having realized I would never get back my other avatar back, I decided on this one. A friend was telling me once about her mother who had undergone many chemo treatments and wanted to stop…but she did not want her husband and children to think she had given up.

So I wrote this to her mother, although we had never met…I did met her father after she had passed. So here is the poem…the icon will be evident. Her mother wanted her to let me know it was the answer to her prayers. Her name appears at the bottom, this poems has been used at many funerals since.

Laying Down the Sword

Fractured light against the sky

As clouds conceal the westward flight,

Autumn colors that brightly shine

Announce the coming of the night.

The day is ending, as it should

Content that I have done my best,

While others bid me labor on

I desire to be at rest.

With the ending now before me

To the victor goes the race,

The finish line is clearly drawn

In the lines upon my face.

Like a warrior from the battle

For peace my soul doth seek,

The spirit strong and willing

The flesh so very weak.

Weep not for me my children

Weep not for me my friend,

This is a new beginning

And, not a tragic end.

I am called to others labors

In the service of my Lord,

I’m not giving up the battle

I’m just laying down my sword.

(William E. Lee)

December 1998

Copyright 1998

Dedicated to:

Mary Margaret Bourne McQuade

WOW!! Thanks for reminding me why I have a box of Kleenex on my desk, PaPa... Such a beautiful poem!!

*sniff, sniff*

Silver Girl

- - -

Thanks!

Pretty Much self explanatory!

I just like Daffodils! :) They make me think of springtime and Easter.

Oh yeah, and there's the poem, it makes me smile:

I wandered lonely as a Cloud

That floats on high o'er Vales and Hills,

When all at once I saw a crowd

A host of dancing Daffodils;

Along the Lake, beneath the trees,

Ten thousand dancing in the breeze.

The waves beside them danced, but they

Outdid the sparkling waves in glee: --

A poet could not but be gay

In such a laughing company:

I gazed—and gazed—but little thought

What wealth the show to me had brought:

For oft when on my couch I lie

In vacant or in pensive mood,

They flash upon that inward eye

Which is the bliss of solitude,

And then my heart with pleasure fills,

And dances with the Daffodils.

~By William Wordsworth

My avatar is Yoda from Star Wars, wearing a suit and glasses. I got it from someone on another LDS-themed message board years ago.

I think there are a couple of different ways to look at it, but I mostly just see it as a comment about the way suits and ties fit in to LDS culture and the way we view spirituality, like even Yoda would have to dress this way.

For those who have been around a while, you may remember my first and second avatars.

The first one was from "The Sugar Beet", but some people complained, so I went with the second one. People still complained, but that's an unaltered Del Parson painting, so what are ya' gonna do?

neocrop.jpg

christs_love.jpg

Edited by cinepro

I like the second one (of Jesus). Makes him look very personable. :)

Cinepro, does your name have any special meaning? It makes me think of the movies...cinema..