Seriously No Politics ×

Cueva De Los Tayos

So I was browsing the History Channel and ran into this video that peeked my intrest. Yes I know... "extaterrestrial beings", "atalantis" are huge red flags but still lets just ride this out, and gather more information.

Theres some video with some intrestring writing on metallic plates.

http://www.history.c...-caves-of-tayos

The Gold of the Gods

The cave was popularized by Erich von Daniken’s 1973 book The Gold of the Gods, in which he wrote that Juan Moricz had claimed to have explored Cueva de los Tayos in 1969 and discovered mounds of gold, unusual sculptures and a metallic library. These items were said to be located within artificial tunnels that had been created by a lost civilization with help from extraterrestrial beings. Von Däniken had previously stirred public imagination by suggesting that extraterrestrials were involved in ancient civilizations in his popular book Chariots of the Gods?

http://en.wikipedia....va_de_los_Tayos

Anyone know if there is more information on this? Apparently Neil Armstrong went on this expedition, any verification?

Tayos Caves Expedition 1976

In 1976 Hall catalysed a landmark expedition to the Cave of the Tayos in Ecuador involving a dozen institutions, joint special forces, and astronaut professor Neil Armstrong as Honorary President and participant. With a scientific framework installed he later turned to Erich von Däniken's report of a Metal Library allegedly found in the caves by Juan Moricz in the mid-1960s, something unacceptable within an orthodox view of global history and absence of any ancient script in South America.

http://www.goldlibrary.com/

Images of the cave and posible records found there.

http://www.google.co...iw=1613&bih=917

Edited by Zakuska

General Description of the Treasure of the Tayu (Tayhuantinsuyu)

1. A library consisting of thousands of metal books on shelves, each weighing about 20 kilograms, pages stamped on one side with ideographs, geometric designs and inscriptions.

2. A second library of hard, polished, rectangular, translucent plates, each with parallel, encrusted channels, laid on gold-leafed trestles.

3. Hundreds of zoomorphic and human statues, some on heavy plinths, representing various species of animals and insects, also humans in different positions displaying a variety of emotions.

4. 'Metal' bars of various shapes, together with toys and piles of alluvial gold.

5. Instruments for making buttons and jewellery.

6. Sealed doors (possibly tombs) covered in semi-precious stones.

7. A sarcophagus of translucent material containing a large, gold-leafed, human skeleton

crespi%20plate.jpg

Sequence of events involved in the treasure trail

1946 - Petronio’s first visit to the treasure cave.

1956 - Petronio records his story to-date.

1964 - Petronio is variously interviewed: by Alfredo Moebius, Andrés Fernández-Salvador Z, Pino Turolla and Juan Moricz.

1965 - First visit by Moricz to the Tayos Cave in Morona-Santiago.

1968 - Mormon expedition to the Tayos Cave region.

1969 - ‘Expedition Moricz’ to the Tayos Cave. Media announcement.

1972 - Moricz and Dr. Peña take Erich von Daniken on trip to Cuenca.

1974 - Notarised document of Moricz’s alleged discoveries (6th June).

1975 - First meeting of Stan Hall and Moricz. ‘Stones’ expedition to Mendez.

1976 - British-Ecuadorian Expedition: Tayos Caves of Morona-Santiago.

1978 - Moricz introduces Hall to Don Andrés Fernández-Salvador Z.

1979 - Important Hall/AFS meeting on Moricz, Dyott, and Jaramillo.

1982 - Moricz invites Hall to bring Cumbaratza gold-mining projects to attention of international Mining Companies and come to Ecuador. Hall begins in-depth historical investigation of the Empire of Tayhuantinsuyu and Reino de los Kitus.

1991 - Moricz dies suddenly in February. In September Hall meets Petronio Jaramillo for the first time. Start of 6-Year collaboration.

1996 - Petronio and Hall update their stories: formulate plan for expedition.

1998 - Petronio is assassinated near his house in Esmeraldas.

1999 - Hall makes reconnaissance trips to the Oriente.

2005 - Hall publishes calculated location of the treasure and informs Ecuadorian Embassy in the U.K. on January 17th.

Edited by Zakuska

See 4:20!!!!

"He descubierto objetos preciosos de gran valor cultural e historico para la humanidad, que consisten en laminas de metal grabadas con signos y escritura ideografica, verdadera biblioteca metalica que contiente la relacion cronologica de la historia de la humanidad. Tales objetos se encuentran agrupados dentro de ariadas y distintas cuevas".

English translation:

"I have found precious objects of great cultural and historical value to mankind, which consist of metal plates engraved with signs and ideographic script, a true metal library that contains the chronological history of mankind. Such objects are grouped into several different caves. "

Edited by Zakuska

Zak, can you find this confirmed by anyone else? The wiki says the metal library was not actually found.

This is dealt with apparently by claiming a conspiracy, a British intelligence agent smuggled out the artifacts...just don't buy that there would be no rumors in the academic community if so (with that many people involved).

Edited by calmoriah

Zak, can you find this confirmed by anyone else? The wiki says the metal library was not actually found.

This is dealt with apparently by claiming a conspiracy, a British intelligence agent smuggled out the artifacts...just don't buy that there would be no rumors in the academic community if so (with that many people involved).

Nothing academic yet Cal. Still just a lot of conspiracy theorists and accusations of Hoax and Fraud.

In the course of time Móricz expresses his wish to organize an expedition to show the world what he himself had seen. He receives the approval of the tribes upon one condition: he MUST previously obtain serious governmental guarantees that NOTHING would be touched less moved from the actual location. He wasn’t granted any. The officials made promises but after a long time Moricz gave up to reach any support from governments. The Mormon Church also made him a good offer in return of revealing the findings – saying that the gold plates in the caves must be identical to what angel Moroni showed to Joseph Smith. Moricz, without other hope, seems to consider their help but later, after some bitter experience with the Mormons, would clearly cut off any cooperation.

http://aranykapu.lap...artalom=1101250

We may be able to confirm the churches involvment though.

General Description of the Treasure of the Tayu (Tayhuantinsuyu)

1. A library consisting of thousands of metal books on shelves, each weighing about 20 kilograms, pages stamped on one side with ideographs, geometric designs and inscriptions.

2. A second library of hard, polished, rectangular, translucent plates, each with parallel, encrusted channels, laid on gold-leafed trestles.

3. Hundreds of zoomorphic and human statues, some on heavy plinths, representing various species of animals and insects, also humans in different positions displaying a variety of emotions.

4. 'Metal' bars of various shapes, together with toys and piles of alluvial gold.

5. Instruments for making buttons and jewelry.

6. Sealed doors (possibly tombs) covered in semi-precious stones.

7. A sarcophagus of translucent material containing a large, gold-leafed, human skeleton .

Artifacts from the Crespi collection are on display in the British Museum.

underground19_17.jpg

Edited by Zakuska

The wiki says the metal library was not actually found.

Never doubt how thorough and efficient the Danites can be. :ph34r:

We may be able to confirm the churches involvment though.

I highly doubt the Church itself was involved, most likely a LDS associated with some archaeological organization/magazine.

At best it would be the NWAF which I think was/is sponsored by the Church.

Edited by calmoriah

May I add a little antedotal evidence to this. Fifty some years ago I became aquainted with a man who had served his mission in that area. He told me a story of something that happened to him on his mission. He became aquainted with the indian tribes who guarded some caves. Just before he finished his mission he said that some of his indian aquintances took him into a cave where there were stacks and stacks of metal plates and books. Unfortunatly Vernon was severely injured in an auto accident and has since died. His story was quite a bit longer and had some interesting detail. In all the time I knew him I knew him as an honest man and never had any reason to doubt his veracity. I do think Vernon saw what he described.

I highly doubt the Church itself was involved, most likely a LDS associated with some archaeological organization/magazine.

At best it would be the NWAF which I think was/is sponsored by the Church.

Well According to this (I Linked it Earlier) one visit was from someone from BYU...

J Golden Barton in 1998 tells of a visit to see Father Crespi with Dr. Paul Chessman from BYU and

others in the late 1970’s. He writes (ref. 2):

High in the Andes mountains of Ecuador lies beautiful

Cuenca, a peaceful city with red Spanish tile roofs and worn cobble stone streets. Townspeople go about

their daily business happily trading with each other and the native Indians who populate the hills and

valleys surrounding the village. The Indians speak the tongue of their Quechua" ancestors, who watched

the sun rise over the Amazon hundreds of years before. With weathered and rosy cheeks they radiate a

simplicity of harmony with the rugged mountains where they have worked time out of mind. The men of

the tribe wear a single long braid of hair down their back underneath a Panamanian hat. Men, women and

children are dressed in the same black and brown earth-tone cloth, edged with bright colored trim. Each

shuffle along the paths long known by their forefathers, carrying them back and forth from village to

village. Not many tourists travel this way and the service is unrushed but thorough.

http://chapmanresear...0%20Ecuador.pdf

Edited by Zakuska

Paul R. Cheesman was not a church authority though LDS. (note spelling)

He was an amateur archaeologist. His training was in education. He was a great collector but one needs to use his stuff with caution.

I was thinking it was likely someone like him.

See wiki for info on him.

Edited by calmoriah

A good thread on another Forum about Crespi's and others artifacts:

http://projectavalon...ry-really-exist

There is also a very good Video interview with Klaus Dona who owns some of the artifacts. There is a lot of excellent information in that interview and they speak of Dr. Cheesman.

Mormons

The late climber and Argentine Julio Goyen Aguado spelunker is another key person in this intricate story. He was a very close friend of and participated in Móricz Anglo-Ecuadorian expedition from 1976 to Cueva de los Tayos, which was present in the American astronaut Neil Armstrong, first man on the moon

Aguado revealed the Argentine biologist Javier Stagnaro, interviewed by the magazine 'But Allah' in Buenos Aires, the hero of the space was considered a follower of a high living character of the Mormons, who secretly funded part of the company.

"The Mormons were convinced that the province of Morona - Santiago would be the mysterious hidden gold plates that their prophet Joseph Smith received from the angel Moroni."

There is a legend that circulates among them, realizing that the plates come back to appear one day, somewhere in the Andes. And the match was perfect, the toponym Morona is similar to that of Moroni, the "Angel revealing."

We have no news yet of what the Anglo-Ecuadorian expedition, consisting of 150 members, could have found. Among them were many soldiers of both nations.

Some, ensure that they found the plates and took them secretly in Ecuador. But there is another version: it seems that the very Goyen Aguado had been instructed to mislead the explorers themselves, leading them to ever more distant and away from the spectacular hidden room where they were supposed to be the gold plates. Everything was done by Janos Móricz indication that due to a disagreement with the Scottish leader Stanley Hall, not having accepted their conditions, decided not to participate in the expedition.

Edited by Zakuska

Here is the Fuente Magna with ancient Sumerian writing found in Bolivia recently talked about in the Video.

http://www.theliving...uente_magna.jpg

http://www.world-mys...s.com/sar_8.htm

The Fuente Magna, also known as the Fuente Bowl, is a large stone vessel, resembling a libation bowl. It is asserted to have been found in the 1950s by a worker from the CHUA Hacienda near Tiwanaku, west of La Paz, Bolivia.[63] The inscription has been claimed to contain Sumerian writing, and is said to resemble that on the later found Pokotia Monolith.[64][65] It resides in a small museum in Calle Jaén, La Paz, Bolivia; Museo de metales preciosos "Museo de Oro".[66]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pre-Columbian_trans-oceanic_contact

Edited by Zakuska

Still awaiting the announcement of the new condo project.

They send us to meet with an 98 years old man called Maximiliano, but when we got there his wife, 90 years old lady, told us that he was at a land meeting.
Edited by mfbukowski

Very interesting. I've looked at the Father Crespi collection before, still not sure what to make of it.

The BoM mentions that in addition to the numerous Nephite records, the Lamanites also had records, and the Jaredites had theirs as well. Then there's the Adamites prior to Noah.

Where's the U&T when you need it?

May I add a little antedotal evidence to this. Fifty some years ago I became aquainted with a man who had served his mission in that area. He told me a story of something that happened to him on his mission. He became aquainted with the indian tribes who guarded some caves. Just before he finished his mission he said that some of his indian aquintances took him into a cave where there were stacks and stacks of metal plates and books. Unfortunatly Vernon was severely injured in an auto accident and has since died. His story was quite a bit longer and had some interesting detail. In all the time I knew him I knew him as an honest man and never had any reason to doubt his veracity. I do think Vernon saw what he described.

I would have liked to have heard those stories.

I would have liked to have heard those stories.

Unfortunatly I filed them away under "Interesting" in my memory. I now find my memory is great it is just that my retrieval system seems to be failing.

And also unfortunate is the that I have lost contact with his family.

Well apparently this isn't the only Legend of a metal Library.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hall_of_Records

The study of and the search for the Hall is considered pseudoarchaeology, making clear distinction between precise methodological scientific hypothesis and the rest of possible subsequent implications and speculations. Also of note, following Cayce, there are two other Halls of records rumored; one in or around Bimini, and another in the Yucatán jungle, most likely the ruins of Piedras Negras.

More metal books being dug up in Galilee.

4th April 2011

70 lead codices

Is this the first ever portrait of Jesus? The incredible story of 70 ancient books hidden in a cave for nearly 2,000 years

http://www.dailymail...ient-books.html

This one, as I recall was pretty much debunked as a hoax- Bill Hamblin posted on it here- the thread has to be around somewhere

The Jesus portrait as I recall was actually an imprint from a Greek coin of Apollo

Edited by mfbukowski