Inscrutable Inscriptions Spark Many Theories

Nathair/|\

Runestone found in Nova Scotia almost certainly has nothing to do with the Book of Mormon.

My theory is that after Moroni traveled alone to New York and buried the plates he then went to the Míkmaq indians in today's Canada and married for his old age and taught them writing. That is why Barry Fell determined that half the Míkmaq writing symbols were Egyptian.

But a lot of the petroglyphs and runestones in that part of the world probably were not from Book of Mormon people. For instance, Barry Fell (who I think was more right than wrong about things) determined that the Peterborough Ontario Petroglyphs were made by a Viking King "Woden-lithi" who came there for copper around 1700 BC.

Richard

Be they Hittite or Roman or Scot ,the pipes are definitely an aquired taste,that's not to say that I don't enjoy Amazing Grace on the pipes but sometimes they remind me of slowly strangulating a cat.( new word just for the occasion)

I can't help it.

• 4 weeks later...

Great song, we used that as our wedding march.

There is an official group of pagpipe musicians - iirc, they are called the Royal Guard. I got to see them perform in Vancouver, WA about 17 years ago. Until that time I had never been very impressed with the music created by a bagpipe. Boy, did that performance convert me! It's an evening I will treasure in my memories forever!!!

Love,

jo

There is an official group of pagpipe musicians - iirc, they are called the Royal Guard. I got to see them perform in Vancouver, WA about 17 years ago. Until that time I had never been very impressed with the music created by a bagpipe. Boy, did that performance convert me! It's an evening I will treasure in my memories forever!!!

Love,

jo

I think you mean the Royal Scots Dragoon Guards, a fine group and the most senior of all Scottish regiments. Cavalry to boot!

Archived