Seriously No Politics ×

Which Movie Is The Best Produced By The Church?

15 members have voted

1. 1. Which movie is the best produced by The Church?

• Mountain of the Lord
    • How Rare A Possession
    • Legacy
    • Joseph Smith; Prophet of the Restoration
    • OK; Johnny Lingo.

I think the compilation the movie "How Rare a possession" was in, was the BEST work the Church ever produced. (you all remember what it was called?)

"Mountain of the Lord" also is likely my second favorite.

That was 'A Voice from the Dust' wasn't it?

Ya, that's sounds right...... Best work the Church ever produced in my book.

I don't even think you can get it anymore. For some reason they've fazed it out?

I know several years back they still had VHS versions, but they never made DVD's as far as I can tell, and it doesn't look like it's at LDS Distribution anymore.

They have one of the storys, "How Rare a Possession", but not the other parts in the compilation I also liked.

Ya, that's sounds right...... Best work the Church ever produced in my book.

I don't even think you can get it anymore. For some reason they've fazed it out?

I know several years back they still had VHS versions, but they never made DVD's as far as I can tell, and it doesn't look like it's at LDS Distribution anymore.

They have one of the storys, "How Rare a Possession", but not the other parts in the compilation I also liked.

If you are concerned that they might not reissue it (if it is too out of date they won't, they are slowly going through the rest in upgrading), I would suggest borrowing the best copy from the library and getting it transferred to DVD, perhaps making two copies (one for yourself and one for the ward library). I am not sure if copyright is an issue, but if you have a personal copy that wouldn't be a problem so you could just see if someone in the ward has one and then 'buy' it from them by making two copies. The ward library should have any VHSs that have not been reissued (ours keep both still because we have some TV units that are just VHS).

Edited by calmoriah