Seriously No Politics ×

How Revelation Is Received; Why ( Or Are) Errors Are Allowed.

D&C 1, is the Preface to the D&C given by Christ; seems necessary in this case. There are others as well. Maybe all I don’t know. BTW, you did not shut the thread down, just brought up a good point…thanks.

nobody seemed to respond, and its a question I have always pondered, first I questioned if revelation existed at all, and a lot of people here and in my ward pointed out many possible examples of current revelation. However, my question remains, if there is current revelation, which I am on the fence about, why is it no longer in 1st person

nobody seemed to respond, and its a question I have always pondered, first I questioned if revelation existed at all, and a lot of people here and in my ward pointed out many possible examples of current revelation. However, my question remains, if there is current revelation, which I am on the fence about, why is it no longer in 1st person

I truly do not know.

Does anyone agree with the comment from the movie? In relation to errors or misunderstandings the Apostle Paul reminds all that “in this life we see through a glass darkly”.

If the movie intended to teach the idea that the theological teachings were inerrant even if the historical context was in error, I would disagree with it and I believe it would contradict LDS doctrine as well. I don't believe anything man is involved in can be perfectly inerrant.

I also believe this is a plus because once something is perfectly taught there is no reason to continue to seek out greater knowledge and understanding on the matter from the ultimate source, God. By allowing all teaching we can receive through other men to be incomplete and potentially in error, those of us who sincerely seek truth must go again and again to the fount of that truth, encountering God himself for ourselves rather than choosing to rely on and limit ourselves to some formulaic construct relayed to us from someone else's interpretation of their own encounter with God.

Here is my response == I think you are one step away from asking for a sign -- "If the Lord would only say, Thus saith the Lord, to the current president of the church......"

I think you are confused over the role of the prophet in church. You need to mature in your understanding of the Gospel and the scriptures. Asking such a question, I would guess that you have little experience actually reading the scriptures.

No offense, just trying to be helpful.