Seriously No Politics ×

Slight Pet Peeve

When you set up your facebook account and list your religion info as Latter-day Saint, the thumbnail is of Joseph Smith. Is there a way to have that changed to a picture of Christ? Don't we have enough trouble already with people thinking we worship Joseph Smith?

Just a thought.

Edited by mercyngrace

If you type in 'the church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints' the thumbnail is a stain glass picture of the first vision, though you can't see JS in it unless you click on it to enlarge it.

Edited by bluebell

If you type in 'the church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints' the thumbnail is a stain glass picture of the first vision, though you can't see JS in it unless you click on it to enlarge it.

Yeah - I saw that one.

I was thinking it'd be nice if we had the Savior in the red robe or the second coming print where He's in white with the cloudy background - something along those lines.

I suppose it's just a way of emphasising the unique aspect of the faith. I assume Catholics get something like a picture of the pope, or if it's an image of Christ, a Catholic image of Him.

Really if I could, I'd just change the thumbnail to that gif I have of a Jigglypuff wearing a halo. Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Jigglysaints.

Or you could just put Christian. You get a picture of Christ sitting on a throne.

I suppose it's just a way of emphasising the unique aspect of the faith. I assume Catholics get something like a picture of the pope, or if it's an image of Christ, a Catholic image of Him.

Really if I could, I'd just change the thumbnail to that gif I have of a Jigglypuff wearing a halo. Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Jigglysaints.

Since I didn't actually list my religion on FB, I was curious what it was. It's the portrait of Christ Handing the Keys to St. Peter by Pietro Perugino (1481-82)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Perugino_Keys.jpg

Curiousity got the best of me... 8)

I was thinking it'd be nice if we had the Savior in the red robe or the second coming print where He's in white with the cloudy background - something along those lines.

This one definitely would be really awesome =) ... I love that pic a lot =D.

Edited by TAO

When you set up your facebook account and list your religion info as Latter-day Saint, the thumbnail is of Joseph Smith. Is there a way to have that changed to a picture of Christ? Don't we have enough trouble already with people thinking we worship Joseph Smith?

Just a thought.

you guys do worship Joseph Smith, ie the song called Praise to the Man is a prime example of that

Comments like this don't belong in Social Hall.

you guys do worship Joseph Smith, ie the song called Praise to the Man is a prime example of that

Comments like this don't belong in Social Hall.

Praise is the act of making positive statements about a person, object or idea, either in public or privately. Praise is typically, but not exclusively, earned relative to achievement and accomplishment... In Christianity, praise is the act of using words to celebrate good things, and can be used as part of worship to glorify God, or given to other people in recognition of a job well done.
wiki
Worship is an act of religious devotion usually directed to one or more deities.
wiki

I think a Moroni with trumpet picture would be nice.

Many nonmembers wouldn't understand that one IMO and would wonder what the role of Christ would be.

I would vote for a picture of the First Vision. That distinctly depicts the LDS vision of their relationship with Christ and it's loved by its members.

My 2 cents

A good Evangelical friend of mine, liking to push Mormons' buttons, calls this picture "Jesus and His Polygamous Wives."

Wait a second...what...? That's totally uncalled for. I just thought it was a nice picture of Jesus teaching the Laurel class about rose horticulture.