Seriously No Politics ×

Lds Giving Out Bom Across The Street From The Bom Musical?

Any New York Mormons know anything about this rumor?

http://philcooke.com...sting-response/

I have a hard time believing LDS people are standing out across the street from the musical and handing out Book of Mormons.

Anybody heard of this?

Nope. Would it be a problem if they were?

Oops, sorry, you were asking for NY Mormons to comment. I live 3000 miles from there, more or less.

Edited by Stargazer

This is totally true. Phil even has photos of the special edition Book of Mormon that's being handed out to theater goers:

BofM.jpg

Hardee har har.

Seriously, though, I think Phil Cooke is making stuff up. How likely is it that an evangelical author who happens to write about religious branding just happens to be the first to hear about this?

I don't see anything wrong with it. Sounds like a fun young adult activity?

On Temple Square sometimes you see missionary's or other LDS singing or standing around available to answer questions when the anti-mormons are having their fun.

Seems like an opportunity to me. Why not?

Nope. Would it be a problem if they were?

Oops, sorry, you were asking for NY Mormons to comment. I live 3000 miles from there, more or less.

No I don't think it would be a problem at all and think it would be pretty cool myself. Just wondering if it was true or not and it would be even cooler if real missionaries where out there giving them away. Just wondering if anybody had any info about it.

Any New York Mormons know anything about this rumor?

http://philcooke.com/the-book-of-mormon-on-broadway-and-the-churchs-interesting-response/

I have a hard time believing LDS people are standing out across the street from the musical and handing out Book of Mormons.

Anybody heard of this?

I live here in the city and haven't heard anything about it at Church.

I think it is a great idea, though.