Seriously No Politics ×

Congratulation To Hashbaz

poulsenll

... doctor of ... ? :huh: (Inquiring minds want to know! :D)

My official subfield of specialization is Mesoamerican Archaeology, but technically the degree is in Anthropology (from UC Riverside). My committee is comprised of Karl Taube, Stephen Houston (of Brown University), and Wendy Ashmore, all of whom are rock stars in the field of Maya archaeology.

I just defended my dissertation this morning, entitled "A Study of Classic Maya Rulership". I'll be filing the final draft with the university soon, and will be commencing on June 11th. Feels good to finally be done.

My official subfield of specialization is Mesoamerican Archaeology, but technically the degree is in Anthropology (from UC Riverside). My committee is comprised of Karl Taube, Stephen Houston (of Brown University), and Wendy Ashmore, all of whom are rock stars in the field of Maya archaeology.

I just defended my dissertation this morning, entitled "A Study of Classic Maya Rulership". I'll be filing the final draft with the university soon, and will be commencing on June 11th. Feels good to finally be done.

I had Dr. Houston for a class when he was at BYU. It was one of the most interesting classes I took. I remember it fondly. I was actually studying for it when 9/11 occured.

Congratulations Dr!

Sounds quaintly esoteric! (I was stupid enough to get a professional doctor of laws, which isn't nearly as useful: the academy hands those out like candy, and the only real reason why I got one is because the powers-that-were at my granting institution sighed and said, "Well, if that's the only way we're gonna get him outta here ...") ;):D

Congratulations! :)

Archived