Seriously No Politics ×

Theory #6- Israelite Dna In Pre-Columbian America

dougtheavenger

Theory 6 states that the Israelite DNA in pre-Columbian America is hiding in the Latino population.

BACKGROUND

The Y-chromosome profile of Spain is very similar to that of the British Isles except that Near Eastern lineages are more common. These Near Eastern lineages in non-Jewish Europeans have two origins. (1) Jews converted to Christianity and (2) late stone age agriculturalist whos genetic signature is strongest in Greece and declines as you procede west and north.

RESEARCH

The Y-chromosome profile of Latinos in Nicaragua and other Latin American countries shows a higher incidence of Middle Eastern lineages than would be expected given the main Spanish Y-chromosome contribution of R1b. In Spain about 80% of males belong to the R1b, I, and R1a lineage groups. Thus in Spain, we seen a 4 to 1 ratio of early stone age Europeans to later Near Eastern migrants. In Nicaragua, the ratio is more like 2 to 1. The study cited below under FOOTNOTES, provides data for this claim. However, it should be noted that the authors insist on calling E1b1b an African lineage because it is common among the Berbers of North Africa. It is also common in the Middle East and is the 2nd most common Y lineage in a range of Jewish groups; with frequencies of about 20% in Askenazie, Yemenite and other modern Jewish groups.

The authors state "Thus, Spanish conquerors could have introduced genetic traces of North African origin during the colonization of Nicaragua." I offer a different explanaition. What these researchers speculate to be North African is actually Phoenician. We Mormons would say, Mulekite. When the Spanish conquered Central and South America the descendants of these Near Eastern settlers readily assimilated with the new rulers.

FOOTNOTES

Reconstructing the Population History of Nicaragua by Means of mtDNA, Y-hromosome STRs, and Autosomal STR Markers

AMERICAN JOURNAL OF PHYSICAL ANTHROPOLOGY 143:591–600 (2010)

do they offer an explanation why the ratio would be higher in Nicaruaga than in Spain?and were the researches testing for subclasses of Eb1b1

Not in the study cited or for Nicaragua in particular. It is known that converted Jews came to the Americas to escape scrutiny of the Spanish Inquisition. However, no real work has been done to determine whether they were over-represented among Spaniards coming to the colonies. It also has to be remembered that other European Catholics from the Hapsburg Empire were allowed to come to the Spanish colonies; Flemish, Austrians, Italians, etc. These other Europeans would have reduced the percentage of lineages like E1b1b and J.

I wonder if the approach described in this paper could be used to determine the date when the lineages mixed in Nicaruaga.

http://www.scienceda...10524153536.htm

Once an organism dies, it's DNA begins to decay. Y-chromosomes decay faster than MtDNA apparently because Y-chromosomes are larger. Almost all of the information gleened from "ancient DNA" is from MtDNA. In one case researchers were stymied when it appeared that a Viking ship had been manned by Syrians. Eventually, it was determined that decay mimicked the mutations of Y-chromosomes used to determine lineage. This is one of the reasons I harbor doubts about On Your Knees Cave Man who was supposedly Q1a3a1 or Q-M3.

Once an organism dies, it's DNA begins to decay. Y-chromosomes decay faster than MtDNA apparently because Y-chromosomes are larger. Almost all of the information gleened from "ancient DNA" is from MtDNA. In one case researchers were stymied when it appeared that a Viking ship had been manned by Syrians. Eventually, it was determined that decay mimicked the mutations of Y-chromosomes used to determine lineage. This is one of the reasons I harbor doubts about On Your Knees Cave Man who was supposedly Q1a3a1 or Q-M3.

The paper I referenced has nothing to do with dead organisms.

Not in the study cited or for Nicaragua in particular. It is known that converted Jews came to the Americas to escape scrutiny of the Spanish Inquisition. However, no real work has been done to determine whether they were over-represented among Spaniards coming to the colonies. It also has to be remembered that other European Catholics from the Hapsburg Empire were allowed to come to the Spanish colonies; Flemish, Austrians, Italians, etc. These other Europeans would have reduced the percentage of lineages like E1b1b and J.

I looked on wikipedia about the E1b1b or which ever it was and a subgroup would have been the Babyloanian empire, or what we call the middle east, that is what I asked about the subclasses. Thank you for your explanation, do you have a copy of the full paper or must one purchase it?

The paper I referenced has nothing to do with dead organisms.

I must beg to differ. This is an excerpt from the paper associated with the link you provided.

"By plotting the distribution of these segments and estimating their rate of genetic decay, Reich's lab was able to determine the proportion of African genetic ancestry still present, and to infer approximately when the West Eurasian and Sub-Saharan African populations mixed."

I looked on wikipedia about the E1b1b or which ever it was and a subgroup would have been the Babyloanian empire, or what we call the middle east, that is what I asked about the subclasses. Thank you for your explanation, do you have a copy of the full paper or must one purchase it?

I have a copy on my hard drive. I can only give you a link to the abstract.

http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/ajpa.21355/abstract?systemMessage=Wiley+Online+Library+will+be+disrupted+4+June+from+10-12+BST+for+monthly+maintenance

Archived