Seriously No Politics ×

Excited About Our Upcoming Trip.

For various reasons... life, the Universe, kids and everything. It has been quite some time since Mrs. Mudcat and I have had an excursion for the two of us. It's been about 9 years since we have had more than a day or two to ourselves.

This weekend we will be headed off on a 5 day trip to the beach. Just the two of us... hanging out on the beach, snorkeling, sunset boat cruises.. or whatever.

I am really excited about it. I love the mudkittens. But I will confess wholeheartedly that I am looking forward to me and Mrs. Mudcat just hanging out.

For various reasons... life, the Universe, kids and everything. It has been quite some time since Mrs. Mudcat and I have had an excursion for the two of us. It's been about 9 years since we have had more than a day or two to ourselves.

This weekend we will be headed off on a 5 day trip to the beach. Just the two of us... hanging out on the beach, snorkeling, sunset boat cruises.. or whatever.

I am really excited about it. I love the mudkittens. But I will confess wholeheartedly that I am looking forward to me and Mrs. Mudcat just hanging out.

Watch out for the jellyfish and Sharks!

Of course you love the mudkittens... but there is every reason why you and your lady should take some time away... in fact, it is my firm belief that every married couple needs to have a weekend or several days away... just to get in touch again, to fall in love all over again, to do all the wonderful things a couple can do such as long walks on the beach, candlelight dinners, a good movie, talking quietly, etc etc. Just being together... too often circumstances make it almost impossible to do so, but every couple needs to make this a priority for every few months.

Have a wonderful time...

GG

I hope you have a wonderful time! :D We haven't had a getaway since our honeymoon over 14 years ago. I think we should go away for our 15th anniversary.

Long overdue...have fun. So what will you name the baby? :rofl:

I LOVE those kinds of trips!! Mr. Bluebell and i have been very fortunate in that we have always lived pretty close to my parents and so have been able to take a trip for 3 or 4 days, just the two of us, once a year for almost every one of our 11 years together.

I hope your trip is awesome!

Hello Mudcat...

Are you back yet? If so, I hope it was wonderful. As I said previously, I believe all couples need... need... to have some time to get away from the routine and just be able to feel the freedom of enjoying each other and not have to worry about being interrupted by demands of family, work, etc etc...

GG

To where?

Hi ERMD...

Is this "To where?" in response to my assertion that couples need to be able to get away? Gosh, you're a doc... you don't think couples need to get away from the clamor of family and career not only to get back in touch for their personal relationship but also for their health? And where to get away to? It can be anywhere that they both enjoy be it the beach for the soothing rhythm of the waves and sea breezes (I rarely see couples walking on the beach that aren't holding hands), or a city for sightseeing, shows, cuisine, or the quiet majesty of mountains and canyons... you name it, there's lots of places... it can even be in their own area where they can simply enjoy being on their own. I purport that they will return home, refreshed and more able to work together in the "everyday."

GG

To where?

Panama City, FL

Got back this Wed. It was great!

We did it on the cheap, because we stayed at an inland hotel... about 15 minutes from the beach. We beached at St. Andrews State Park. The park beaches are much more secluded and prettier than the resort front beaches.

The whole trip was awesome.

I'll try to post a pic or two a bit later.