Lesser Heavens

inquiringmind

Will those in lesser heavens (terrestrisl, and telestial) have any communication with their loved ones in the celestial kingdom?

Not specified in doctrine, I believe, but if Christ and the Spirit can communicate/rule over the lower kingdoms it makes sense to me that there will be some form of communication available to others though possibly limited.

I believe that those in the higher realms will be able to visit those in the lower realms. D&C 76:

86 These are they who receive not of his fulness in the eternal world, but of the Holy Spirit through the ministration of the terrestrial;

87 And the terrestrial through the ministration of the celestial.

88 And also the telestial receive it of the administering of angels who are appointed to minister for them, or who are appointed to be ministering spirits for them; for they shall be heirs of salvation.

89 And thus we saw, in the heavenly vision, the glory of the telestial, which surpasses all understanding;

Will those in lesser heavens (terrestrisl, and telestial) have any communication with their loved ones in the celestial kingdom?

Those of the higher kingdoms can minister to those of the lower kingdoms, but those of the lower kingdoms cannot ascend to the higher kingdoms:

D&C 76
:

86 These [the telestial] are they who receive not of his fulness in the eternal world, but of the Holy Spirit through the ministration of the terrestrial;

88 And also the telestial receive it of the administering of angels who are appointed to minister for them, or who are appointed to be ministering spirits for them; for they shall be heirs of salvation.

Ah! I missed that rameumptom had already beaten me to it!

If I could have no contact with the many people whom I love who have chosen different paths in life, then celestial heaven would be hell for me. I believe we will have the choice to spend time together but some of our time will be spent apart as we pursue different goals -- just like right now on Earth.

I find it interesting that God speaks singularly about the "kingdom". Perhaps we are just generally misunderstanding how heaven works. Look at it this way- at church, are people who are at different levels of gospel knowledge separated from each other or do they mingle together? At the temple, do those who have little temple experience get separated from those who have a vast temple knowledge or do they mingle together? In the spirit world, do all of the basically good congegrate in one general place (paradise) or on many levels?

Why would God cause men who co-mingle in bliss on earth to be separated in heaven, especially if all have repented and turned to God with one heart? I can see having differing degrees of knowledge (glory) in the hereafter but i can't see God separating all of those who have differing degrees of knowledge to be separated from each other- it makes no logical sense whatsoever. If that were true, our church would be bracketed with the lesser, the avaerage, and the epic higher class. All three classes would be separated from each other attending different meetings, attending separate buildings, and having different ideals. From what I can tell though, at church there is not even different pews in the chapel for the lesser, the average, or the epic upper class.

Perhaps we need to start understandingt hat the Kingdom of Heaven is a singular place where "all the saved" go and mingle in bliss together. St. John the Divine certainly thought so and recorded Holy scripture on that account.

I find it interesting that God speaks singularly about the "kingdom". Perhaps we are just generally misunderstanding how heaven works. Look at it this way- at church, are people who are at different levels of gospel knowledge separated from each other or do they mingle together? At the temple, do those who have little temple experience get separated from those who have a vast temple knowledge or do they mingle together? In the spirit world, do all of the basically good congegrate in one general place (paradise) or on many levels?

There is at least one separation though and that is between those who can attend the temple and those who don't. While at church they may sit side by side, they don't sit side by side in the temple. Even in the temple, there are those who are allowed everywhere and those who are only allowed to do baptisms. This is most often tied to, in my opinion, the state of preparation a person is in.

D&C 76:

86 These [the telestial] are they who receive not of his fulness in the eternal world, but of the Holy Spirit through the ministration of the terrestrial;

Yet, from these verses, it states the ministration comes from those who are "appointed" and who are "angels". Sounds like those who are at the lowest level in the Celestial Kingdom. I am hoping for us that are in the Celestial Kingdom can also be "appointed".

My Understanding:

Celestial = presence with Heavenly Father/ the Lord / the Holy Ghost

Terrestrial = visitations of the Lord and the Holy Ghost / angels / no visitation of Heavenly Father (have no idea where this came from) anyone know?

Telestial = visitations of the Holy Ghost / angels / no visitation of the Lord or Heavenly Father (also have no idea where this came from) anyone know?

Outer Darkness = visitation of complete darkness and the borg borg-drone.gif

Yet, from these verses, it states the ministration comes from those who are "appointed" and who are "angels". Sounds like those who are at the lowest level in the Celestial Kingdom. I am hoping for us that are in the Celestial Kingdom can also be "appointed".

Moroni is called an angel and as far as I can tell is CK quality as are other angels that we have been told the name of so I think that the "appointment" will be opened to all who desire it. In some cases it would make best sense to send family members where the trust is already established, in others it might be better to send others.

Archived