Was Joseph First?

inquiringmind

Adam was the first.

If you want to believe Joseph Smith's account it was, since it's heresay evidence with no witnesses I would say it was a hoax.

We know Jehovah appeared as a man in Gen. 18 and several other occasions to Moses Gideon Jacob ETC but the Bible's very clear no one has seen God the Father and lived.

If you want to believe Joseph Smith's account it was, since it's heresay evidence with no witnesses I would say it was a hoax.

We know Jehovah appeared as a man in Gen. 18 and several other occasions to Moses Gideon Jacob ETC but the Bible's very clear no one has seen God the Father and lived.

Since Stephen said he seen the Glory of God the Father but not actually God the Father just his Glory

Was Joseph Smith the first mortal to whom The Father appeared in the flesh?

Adam was the first man who saw the Father in the garden of Eden. It is very possible that all great prophets saw Father and the Son.

The question was first mortal

If Adam is Heavenly Father, then he would be appearing to himself.

Sorry you didn't get it.

Having to explain it has ruined my fun. sorry.gif

Adam was the first man who saw the Father in the garden of Eden. It is very possible that all great prophets saw Father and the Son.

I know Adam saw someone, but where does it say he saw The Father?

Does it say Moses saw Him (in The Book of Moses, or am I remembering that wrong)?

Does it say, anywhere, that anyone but Joseph saw Him?

I don't remember right now if there is something in the Scriptures, but Adam was not a sinner before fall, so he could see Father and didn't die.

I believe that if Joseph Smith could see Father, than Adam could see Him after his fall, Moses, Apostles of 1st century could see Him. And moderm apostles can see Father and don't die if He decides for some reason to appear to them.

Does it say Moses saw Him (in The Book of Moses' date=' or am I remembering that wrong)?[/quote']

Moses saw Jehovah-Jesus. But it is very possible that he saw Father, too.

I don't think so.

And I am sure that apostles of the 1st century saw Father when they saw Jesus standing on the right hand of the Father.

Does it say Moses saw Him (in The Book of Moses, or am I remembering that wrong)?

These verses suggest that Enoch and Moses saw the Father:

Moses 1
:

6 And I have a work for thee, Moses, my son; and thou art in the similitude of mine Only Begotten; and mine Only Begotten is and shall be the Savior, for he is full of grace and truth; but there is no God beside me, and all things are present with me, for I know them all.

Moses 7
:

24 And there came generation upon generation; and Enoch was high and lifted up, even in the bosom of the Father, and of the Son of Man; and behold, the power of Satan was upon all the face of the earth.

Other passages suggest that Noah and Abraham may have seen Him too.

Moses1:

6And I have a work for thee, Moses, my son; and thou art in the asimilitude of mine bOnly cBegotten; and mine Only Begotten is and shall be the dSavior, for he is full of egrace and ftruth; but there is gno God beside me, and all things are present with me, for I hknow them all.

The Bible or the WORD of God wouldn't say it this way since my Only Begotten is a term refering to Jesus after he was concieved in Mary's womb. Jesus in the time period would be Jehovah. Not the Son since Jesus became the Son around 2000 years ago.

<br />Was Joseph Smith the first mortal to whom The Father appeared in the flesh?<br />

No, because the Father didn't appear to him (in my opininon).

Adam may have seen the Father but it wouldn't have been as a mortal man. It would have been before the Fall.

No other man (that we know of from the scriptures) has seen the Father in person. Stephen's vision was exactly that....a vision.

The Father's voice however has been heard. See Mount of Transfiguration and baptizm of the Savior.

Some people sure like to try to prove a negative. Stephen had a vision.HMMM Joseph's experience is called a " vision " HMMM No man can see God and live . " and in the day that thou partake of it thou shalt surely die" Does the dying have to happen instantly?

If I recall,there was a time during the school of the prophets??? that some of the brethren had a glimpse of the Father. Someone brighter than I ( not hard ) might be able to find the instance.

And those who reject Joseph Smith's testimony will not see Him either.

I don't know if Adam saw The Father, or Jesus.

But doesn't the book of Moses say that Moses saw The Father?

In human history it has been very rare for The Father to personally visit the Earth. It has always been the Lord.

The Bible Dictionary lists them as either through "voice, sight and at various times". With Adam it was recorded in Moses 5:6.

That is why the 1st Vision was so special for it was one of the rare occasions that The Father had to come down and reveal Himself personally in His true form since the truth about His true characteristics have been completely distorted over the centuries.

Moses1:

6And I have a work for thee, Moses, my son; and thou art in the asimilitude of mine bOnly cBegotten; and mine Only Begotten is and shall be the dSavior, for he is full of egrace and ftruth; but there is gno God beside me, and all things are present with me, for I hknow them all.

The Bible or the WORD of God wouldn't say it this way since my Only Begotten is a term refering to Jesus after he was concieved in Mary's womb. Jesus in the time period would be Jehovah. Not the Son since Jesus became the Son around 2000 years ago.

If it is legitimate to talk about the “lamb slain from the foundation of the world:”

Revelation 13
:

8 And all that dwell upon the earth shall worship him, whose names are not written in the book of life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world.

Moses 7
:

47 And behold, Enoch saw the day of the coming of the Son of Man, even in the flesh; and his soul rejoiced, saying: The Righteous is lifted up, and the Lamb is slain from the foundation of the world; and through faith I am in the bosom of the Father, and behold, Zion is with me.

then it would be equally legitimate to talk about the “Only Begotten” before He was born.

I think it might be a good idea if you just gave up. You might save yourself further embarrassment.

Archived