Seriously No Politics ×

Am I The Only One...?

Oh wow, that's pretty funny! :)

Which hymn are you comparing this to, cinepro? The lds site is down.

Oh, is that the name of that song. Also, stop putting songs in my head. I've got attention issues already, I don't need to start thinking of other stuff while singing.

In case you missed it, the operative phrase is "Grateful, we praise thee with songs of delight".

That whooshed right over my head, Cinepro, thanks for clarifying. It's pretty funny now that I get the joke. ;)

For some reason, I just can't sing I am a Child of God with the right lyrics. At my house it always starts "I am a child whose odd, with parents kind of weird..." Often, it goes downhill from there.

Edited by mercyngrace

That whooshed right over my head, Cinepro, thanks for clarifying. It's pretty funny now that I get the joke. ;)

For some reason, I just can't sing I am a Child of God with the right lyrics. At my house we it always starts "I am a child whose odd, with parents kind of weird..." Often, it goes downhill from there.

That's awesome. Please share the rest of the MnG version of the lyrics.

For some reason, I just can't sing I am a Child of God with the right lyrics. At my house we it always starts "I am a child whose odd, with parents kind of weird..." Often, it goes downhill from there.

Somebody ruined that song for me with the "with parents kind of weird" line years ago. I can't hear it "right" anymore. And every time we sing it in church or FHE, my wife alway shoots me such a glare right before that line, warning me with laser beam from her eye sockets that I better not sing it "wrong" out loud.

Other songs that have been ruined for me:

The Christmas Song: "everybody knows, the Turkey ate the Mistletoe"

If You Could Hie to Kolob: No misheard lyrics, but some evil person pointed out to me that the lyrics are a perfect fit to the

Come Listen to a Prophets Voice: Again no misheard lyrics, but can be sung to the

Some other fun hymn stuff here: