Seriously No Politics ×

What If God Is A Woman?

cion

Women would hold the priesthood.

Men would not.

I started thinking that way at first but later changed my mind. What if the priesthood was a construct heavily influenced by man in the first place? Then I started thinking, what if most of religion was heavily influenced by man? Then it wouldn't make any difference if God was man or woman...

He's not God the Mother. He's God the Father. Christ Himself was very, very clear about that. As have the prophets been crystal clear, particularly Joseph Smith in the First Vision account.

In the The Family: A Proclamation to the World, we read that, "Gender is an essential characteristic of individual pre-mortal, mortal, and eternal identity and purpose." I take that to include God the Father.

What would be different if God were a woman? God wouldn't be our Father in Heaven. That is the divine example that has been set, in my opinion, fathers and husbands to preside over their families in love and righteousness.

If this was the case, what would be different?

Anything?

Given my choice, "God" will manifest to ME as a woman. I'd rather worship a goddess than a god any day.

But of course religions that worship only God the Father would be different. Priesthood would go right out the window for starters....

If there was only the Mother, would there be so many cool critters, like spiders and snakes and rats?

Which reminds me:

Polytheist Creation Story

Original speech by Barry Marin (PanThea 2002)

Well, Yes. I became a polytheist because I have a scientific mind. I looked at the evidence: Teats on men. Nose hair. EAR hair! The Krebs cycle. This body has all the earmarks of something designed by a COMMITTEE!

And I know women were involved. Because, let's face it: If a MAN had invented MEN, my ***** would not be where they are. They'd be in my chest, or my skull, somewhere SAFE.

My real problem is that they let the trickster Gods into it. Like farting. You KNOW farting was Pan's idea. It's just exactly his style.

I can just picture the animal design committee in my mind. There's Hermes in the corner, making insect after insect after insect. They're small, they fly, they're annoying. Perfect!

So Artemis wanted something to hunt them: invented the Wren. Aphrodite didn't think that was pretty enough: invented the Bluebird. Ares thought that was too tame: made the Hawk. Zeus thought that was too small: invented the Falcon. Poseidon had to top that: created the Eagle. Athena put her twist on the idea: invented the Owl. Hera wanted something more practical: invented the Chicken. That was too ugly for Aphrodite: made the Peacock. Zeus wanted bigger chickens: created the Turkey. And Bacchus chimed in: "Ok, ok! It's a chicken. A BIG chicken! A REALLY big chicken! And it's got a looonnngg neck!" "Looks too big to fly, Bacchus." "It don't fly, it runs really fast!"

"That's nice, Bacchus."

So then, we know Poseidon created the Horse. Aphrodite didn't think that was pretty enough: made the Gazelle. Hera wanted something more practical again: created the Cow. Zeus made it bigger: invented the Ox. Poseidon had to top THAT: invented the Elephant. Cows weren't fierce enough for Ares: made the Leopard. Which Zeus wanted bigger: created the Lion. which now Artemis had to top: invented the tiger. And Bacchus: "Right! So it's a horse, a BIG horse! And it's got a looonnngg neck; And ORANGE POLKA DOTS!"

"That's nice, Bacchus."

And it went on.

Athena made Fish for Poseidon. Zeus made them bigger: created Whales. Poseidon returned the favor: invented Rabbits for Athena's Owls. Aphrodite wanted them softer: made Chinchillas. And, of course, Bacchus: "Ok, So; it's a looonnngg neck!" "How many feet does it have, Bacchus?" "It's got no feet! It's just a loooonnng neck. Slithering on the ground!"

"That's nice, Bacchus."

And so it went.

If you listen carefully and observe the world around you, you begin to hear the music of creation. And it's not the monotone, monotonous march of a monotheistic Deity. What single God would bother to invent 9000 different kinds of Frog? No, that music is Jazz! One idea bouncing off another, and taking off in a new direction. Riffs; and variations on themes, and variations of the variations. Obviously a group effort! Until finally, Bacchus, from deep in his cups: "Platypus!"

THAT'S NICE BACCHUS."

You know Nathair, I actually liked that... it gave me a nice chuckle...

Hope this finds you well and happy.

from the beach on a lovely evening... sun setting, no wind, orange/pink sky...

GG

I started thinking that way at first but later changed my mind. What if the priesthood was a construct heavily influenced by man in the first place? Then I started thinking, what if most of religion was heavily influenced by man? Then it wouldn't make any difference if God was man or woman...

Women created the priesthood for men in order to save men or in other words to allow them to enter into the highest order of family and to participate in the sacred work of creating and rearing human beings (Moses 1:39). (Priesthood is servanthood.) Men enter into women, just as they enter into temples, covenants, priesthood. Women are the order.

. . . just my thoughts . . .

He's not God the Mother. He's God the Father. Christ Himself was very, very clear about that. As have the prophets been crystal clear, particularly Joseph Smith in the First Vision account.

In the The Family: A Proclamation to the World, we read that, "Gender is an essential characteristic of individual pre-mortal, mortal, and eternal identity and purpose." I take that to include God the Father.

What would be different if God were a woman? God wouldn't be our Father in Heaven. That is the divine example that has been set, in my opinion, fathers and husbands to preside over their families in love and righteousness.

The Godhead of this particular mortal project is a presidency. There is an entire society to which this presidency belongs and whom are possibly doing other things besides micromanaging this mortal project; or not. Maybe the mortal passageis that spectacular so that every single member of that heavenly society is galvanized towards us. I don't know. In any case, any particular member of the presidency would be married and this would be a separate organization than the presidency.

Now.

One we all know.

Genesis 1:27 "So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them." The image of God IS male and female. There is no God (in some sense) without both.

Genesis 3:20 And Adam called his wife's name Eve; because she was the mother of all living.

Genesis 3:24 So he drove out the man; and he placed at the east of the garden of Eden Cherubims, and a flaming sword which turned every way, to keep the way of the tree of life.

Also if you think very carefully about the order of the home, even the mortal social order (which I am not a fan of for various reasons), yet it shows a pattern. If the woman is IN the home and the children are in her hands, what exactly do you think this means in terms of a pattern? Obviously, even with this pattern in mind, men and women must have each other. Neither is whole without the other.

If there was only the Mother, would there be so many cool critters, like spiders and snakes and rats?

Snakes yes, they are dang cool, but rats...no way as they are just ugly, maybe just mice that knew better than to come into houses and poop all over.

And all insects would make bell like noises when they moved so they could never creep up on you.

Oh, and no red bottomed baboons and other such creatures.

Which reminds me:

Love this one.

Reminds me of Slartibartfarts (now I will go look up the correct spelling)....okay, make that Slartibartfast, must have been confused by Nathair's story.

If this was the case, what would be different?

Anything?

The problem is God is a glorified and exalted man who is sealed to a glorified and exalted woman. That is the great secret, that is the reason why He made them male and female and the reason they are to become ONE. Neither is the man without the woman nor the woman without the man in the Lord. Here is a scriptural reference that ought to clarify matters:

(D&C 132:19-24) "And again, verily I say unto you, if a man marry a wife by my word, which is my law, and by the new and everlasting covenant, and it is sealed unto them by the Holy Spirit of promise, by him who is anointed, unto whom I have appointed this power and the keys of this priesthood; and it shall be said unto them—Ye shall come forth in the first resurrection; and if it be after the first resurrection, in the next resurrection; and shall inherit thrones, kingdoms, principalities, and powers, dominions, all heights and depths—then shall it be written in the Lamb's Book of Life, that he shall commit no murder whereby to shed innocent blood, and if ye abide in my covenant, and commit no murder whereby to shed innocent blood, it shall be done unto them in all things whatsoever my servant hath put upon them, in time, and through all eternity; and shall be of full force when they are out of the world; and they shall pass by the angels, and the gods, which are set there, to their exaltation and glory in all things, as hath been sealed upon their heads, which glory shall be a fulness and a continuation of the seeds forever and ever. Then shall they be gods, because they have no end; therefore shall they be from everlasting to everlasting, because they continue; then shall they be above all, because all things are subject unto them. Then shall they be gods, because they have all power, and the angels are subject unto them. Verily, verily, I say unto you, except ye abide my law ye cannot attain to this glory. For strait is the gate, and narrow the way that leadeth unto the exaltation and continuation of the lives, and few there be that find it, because ye receive me not in the world neither do ye know me. But if ye receive me in the world, then shall ye know me, and shall receive your exaltation; that where I am ye shall be also. This is eternal lives—to know the only wise and true God, and Jesus Christ, whom he hath sent. I am he. Receive ye, therefore, my law."
Notice here it does not say HE it says THEY or THEIR... Nobody is exalted alone, so you may as well get over that. Men need women and women need men. It is not good for man (or woman) to be alone... we are a family of gods and that is why we call Him Our Father in Heaven. It is not some mancentric language, it is just the way things are and gender is very important notwithstanding what the 21st century politically correct try to foist upon us.

The problem is God is a glorified and exalted man who is sealed to a glorified and exalted woman.

And this is precisely why I don't understand the aversion to praying to God the mother. IMO, we should have paintings and sculptures of her just like we have of Jesus and HF. We should have the opportunity to go to temple square at Christmas time and admire a large statue of both mothers of Jesus. They should let us sit in a room and ponder the meaning of her while beautiful music plays in the background. It is amazing that Jesus was born. It was also amazing that a woman bore him into the world. Both of those things should be celebrated. We are so afraid of looking like the Greeks but this is truly what we have. Many Gods that each bring their own part of the story to us.

Archived