Seriously No Politics ×

Seven New Sites Found Near Merida That Date To Book Of Mormon Times

Hashbaz

"So given the evidence that does exist, it is unlikely that we could find all of the towns of a few hundred, while not finding any cities of one hundred thousand, unless those larger cities simply never existed."

and

"But then, you have to find the armies containing tens of thousands of peoples. And there is absolutely no evidence for that anywhere in the USA, much less in the Northeast. The Mound builders had towns of no more than 1000 or so people. Most were much smaller, in the dozens. They didn't have the ability to raise Mormon's army of more than 100,000 for the last battle."

Thought this was interesting: 17 lost pyramids discovered in Egypt by space scientists

"Seventeen lost pyramids are believed to have been found in Egypt by a team of space archaeologists from Alabama, according to a report.

Sarah Parcak and her team at a NASA-sponsored laboratory at the University of Alabama at Birmingham made the discoveries using a satellite survey, and also found more than 1,000 tombs and 3,000 ancient settlements in infrared images that show up buildings underground, BBC News reported.

The BBC said that two of the suspected pyramids had been confirmed by initial excavations...

"'It just shows us how easy it is to underestimate both the size and scale of past human settlements,' she added."

(my bold)

I am not saying that the same conditions obtain in Egypt and [wherever the BoM lands are], but I thought it was interesting that we continue to learn and be amazed by what we can find...

Q

Archived