Seriously No Politics ×

"Thrust In Your Sickle"

BookofMormonLuvr

One of my prayers since beginning my journey out of the LDS Church was to receive specific instruction from the Lord on where His hand was in the work and where He would have me. I believe I received such direction this past weekend. This is my story... (for some reason the editing program here likes to bunch words together once in a while. I apologize for those places.)

Thrust in Your Sickle”

The following recounts theseries of events which has led me to conclude that the JointConference of Restoration Branches is being led by the Lord in theirmoving forward with the callings of additional Seventy and HighPriests. May all who read my words carefully consider my words andhumble themselves before the Lord asking Him whether my experiencewas from Him and what His will is for the Latter Day work. I have notreceived any promise of position or power, in fact, up to this point,I have had no significant relationship with the men involved in theJCRB, and began this journey fighting against the actions of thosemen. I have nothing to gain by sharing my experience. I can only hopethe Lord will bless me for bringing forth this joyful news that Hebrought to me. May the Lord bless you in your own journey towardstruth.

Onthe morning of May 6th, 2011, I awoke from a dream. In this dream Iwas searching for a man I was told by the Lord would give mespiritual insight into the questions I had. When I arrived at theplace where this man was supposed to have lived, I found theresidence empty and desolate. I began to question neighbors and otherresidents about the man and it seemed as though he had died. I feltan overwhelming need to find his possessions, especially hiswritings, so I began asking where they may have taken his thingsafter his death. The best direction I received was a thrift storejust down the street. I went to the thrift store and began a carefulsearch, looking for his writings. About this time I awoke from thedream with the distinct impression that the last name of the man was“Deam” and that his first started with an “H”, in fact, itfelt like there were multiple “H's”. This triggered a longforgotten memory from my studies, about a man named “H.H. Deam”.I had never really studied him, I had just noticed his name inpassing as I looked around.

Thenext morning I went to the internet in search of answers. I foundthat H.H. Deam was one of the first Apostles of the ReorganizedChurch, but that later he had grown impatient with waiting for JosephSmith III to take his rightful place as President of the HighPriesthood. Deam eventually tried to form his own church and wasremoved as an Apostle in the Reorganization. I went to a Yahoomessage board that deals with the different factions of theRestoration and asked if anyone had any further information on Deam(see attached document),but was given, essentially, the same information I had already foundon my own. I eventually told my wife and another woman in our Branchabout the dream and we all wondered at its meaning.

Overthe previous year my heart had softened somewhat towards the JCRB. Ihad only met George Thomas once, years before, at a Regional Reunionin Washington State and I knew none of the other men, except throughonline accounts of their efforts in the Gospel- so I was in noposition to judge their characters or motives. And, in spite ofrumors to the contrary, they were insistent that they were not tryingto start a new church. There were other rumors floating about which Ifound warranted a great deal of skepticism. Because of this, about aweek after having the above dream, I began to add men associated withthe JCRB to my Facebook friends list. I also began listening toonline sermons by men associated with the JCRB and I came across amission report given at the Saint's Haven Restoration Branch by GaryMetzger and Nathan Sherer about their trip to Argentina and Chile.Having served a two-year LDS mission to Argentina myself, theirreport greatly intrigued me. I eventually found Bro. Sherer onFacebook and wrote to him introducing myself and speaking of mysoftened, but not yet convinced, stance towards the JCRB. He relatedhis experience in coming to know the JCRB was the work of the Lordand I determined that I needed to fast and pray seriously for adefinitive answer.

Theopportunity for fasting and prayer on the question arrived quickly asmy wife had a Woman's Retreat the very next weekend after I began tocommunicate with Bro. Sherer. On Friday night, May 13th,2011, after dinner, I began my fast, and upon awaking Saturdaymorning, May 14th, 2011, I offered a prayer to the Lordpraying for guidance in this and other issues and continued my fast.That morning I went to the church to mow the lawn and get thesanctuary vacuumed and straightened up for Sunday. In the church wehave access to the internet, so I usually spend some time on there.Eventually, I found myself on the JCRB website trying to listen to the sermons. I hadn't had any luck previously, as, I guess, the filesare very large and I am very impatient. But that day I decided tosave the file to my computer then try to open it. The one I decidedto try this way was the first “Insights” broadcast. After aboutan hour the file was saved and I opened it to watch it and there itwas. Bro. Jim VunCannon was the host. In his introduction he quotedout of Volume 3 of “Church History” concerning the revelationthat gave those men the push to organize anew, and the thought cameto me, “I wonder who gave that revelation?” and went to thechurch library to find out. Through careful reading of the text, Ibecame aware that it was, in fact, H.H. Deam that received thatrevelation. And that is when all of the pieces began to fall intoplace and the meaning of the dream I had had was unlocked. God hadanswered my prayer about the JCRB many days before I had even askedabout it.

Thesame spirit that initially moved upon Deam to begin to reorganize thechurch was the same spirit that is moving upon the JCRB to moveforward and begin organizing. The reason I found the residence ofDeam vacant and desolate is because he fell away before the coming ofJoseph III. The reason I felt the urgency to find his writings isbecause that early revelation contained the answer to my questionabout the JCRB. How coincidental (Idon't believe in coincidences) that I would finally watcha video, where Deam's revelation is spoken of, on the very day I amfasting and praying about the JCRB and organizing. As I continued towatch the rest of the video, I was amazed at how well the thoughts ofthe brothers coincided with the moving of Spirit on me over theprevious year.

AsI think about many of the brothers involved in the JCRB, I see thevery men who have been anxiously engaged in proclaiming the RestoredGospel even many years before the JCRB came into being. They haven'tbeen sitting on the sidelines, but have been on the field giving itall they've got. These are men whose names I have heard over and overagain in regards to missionary work. These are men who are truebelievers and have the mileage to show it. I think it behooveseveryone to give some humble consideration to their ideas andactions, before judging them or their motives. I have now done so,and have been richly blessed with an answer to my fasting andprayers. To God be the glory.

I see lots of direction to information but little on direction on what to do with that information. Just how do you justify a move? Fellowship is very comforting are you sure that you were guided to this action?

The path to God is different for all of us. I would like to know how you know that you are on the right path for you?

I see lots of direction to information but little on direction on what to do with that information. Just how do you justify a move? Fellowship is very comforting are you sure that you were guided to this action?

The path to God is different for all of us. I would like to know how you know that you are on the right path for you?

The specific question of my fast was concerning the JCRB and whether them putting the Seventy and High Priests Quorums back into order (organizing) was inspired of God. The 1853 revelation from Deam spoke of moving forward to reorganize the church after the death of the Martyrs. The direction was clear to me. My wife, who was opposed to the JCRB, had an experience confirming my experience a couple of nights later. Her change from opposition to support was literally overnight. This answer was not from a need for fellowship- I attend a Restoration Branch every Wednesday and Sunday and teach the adult Sunday School class. The priesthood of the my Branch is currently against the actions of the JCRB, so my experience could serve to disrupt the fellowship I currently enjoy, not enhance it.

I am curious why you chose the title of the thread as such? Do you expect judgment?

I actually addressed that in the complete text of my article. Here is that excerpt...

*Ientitled this experience “Thrust in Your Sickle”, because now isthe time to act. We have read stories about Frank Frye, GeorgeThomas, Auturo Gomez, etc... for years- now it is time to stopreading and start doing. Now is the time to thrust in our own sicklesinstead of standing amazed at the reapers that are already in thefield. We have been slothful too long, relying on the good works ofothers to carry the Restoration Gospel forward. The Lord is callingus to move. We can move or we can be left behind. It is our choice.-CNH

I read the OP, but i don't really understand a lot of it. I'm guessing it's because i don't have a restorationist background and therefore the names and initials don't mean anything to me.

Would you say, BoML, that this post is geared towards your religion or that it's applicable to members of other religions, such as LDS, as well?

I read the OP, but i don't really understand a lot of it. I'm guessing it's because i don't have a restorationist background and therefore the names and initials don't mean anything to me.

Would you say, BoML, that this post is geared towards your religion or that it's applicable to members of other religions, such as LDS, as well?

As an experience I believe came from God, I believe I am under an obligation to share it- so I believe it is for everyone. People can pray and fast about it, and get their own answers from the Lord. I fully expect to build New Jerusalem even with those who reject my experience. My God is bigger to me then He was in times past.

As an experience I believe came from God, I believe I am under an obligation to share it- so I believe it is for everyone. People can pray and fast about it, and get their own answers from the Lord. I fully expect to build New Jerusalem even with those who reject my experience. My God is bigger to me then He was in times past.

I am sorry to be so confused about your post. Please answer some questions for me.

What have you been told to do?

Have you been told what you are to use in performing your tasks?

Have you received more visions?

If so what are they?

The reason I was asking about the title is because that phase is used in the book of Revelation.

Revelation 14:18-19 (King James Version)

18And another angel came out from the altar, which had power over fire; and cried with a loud cry to him that had the sharp sickle, saying, Thrust in thy sharp sickle, and gather the clusters of the vine of the earth; for her grapes are fully ripe.

19And the angel thrust in his sickle into the earth, and gathered the vine of the earth, and cast it into the great winepress of the wrath of God.

This is a gathering of people for judgment. I see all missionary work as sowing the Word of God. It is God who enters the heart, man has never saved any one. So yes we do work but we don't save any one. I hate to say it but from my perspective you don't know how to talk about God's current message so I am not sure you have interpreted your vision correctly. Visions come to many people for many reasons. It is possible that another is to interpret your vision. Or visions. Daniel had to interpret Nebuchadnezzar's vision or dream. There are many more examples.

I am sorry to be so confused about your post. Please answer some questions for me.

What have you been told to do?

Have you been told what you are to use in performing your tasks?

Have you received more visions?

If so what are they?

The reason I was asking about the title is because that phase is used in the book of Revelation.

Revelation 14:18-19 (King James Version)

18And another angel came out from the altar, which had power over fire; and cried with a loud cry to him that had the sharp sickle, saying, Thrust in thy sharp sickle, and gather the clusters of the vine of the earth; for her grapes are fully ripe.

19And the angel thrust in his sickle into the earth, and gathered the vine of the earth, and cast it into the great winepress of the wrath of God.

This is a gathering of people for judgment. I see all missionary work as sowing the Word of God. It is God who enters the heart, man has never saved any one. So yes we do work but we don't save any one. I hate to say it but from my perspective you don't know how to talk about God's current message so I am not sure you have interpreted your vision correctly. Visions come to many people for many reasons. It is possible that another is to interpret your vision. Or visions. Daniel had to interpret Nebuchadnezzar's vision or dream. There are many more examples.

It is not my job to convince anyone of the truth of my experience. I am sorry if that disappoints you.

The direction I have been given, through this experience, is to lend support to the Joint Conference.

I am a missionary at heart and am sure the Lord will be using me for that purpose.

I received a parable two days previous of the dream spoken of, that I now believe is also pertaining to the my recent witness of the work of the JCRB.

Interesting that you would choose the scripture from Revelation. This is the scripture I was referring to...

D&C 11:4, D&C 14:4

Yea, whosoever will thrust in his sickle and reap, the same is called of God.

As an experience I believe came from God,

That is good. But God didn't give me this experience. God gave me different experience. He told me to read Scriptures and He told me that if I do that I will find answers to many questions. I did that and I found answers. God told me to follow what I learn in LDS Church and I will be happy. I did that and it happened. I am happy.

I believe I am under an obligation to share it- so I believe it is for everyone.

Thanks for sharing.

People can pray and fast about it' date=' and get their own answers from the Lord. [/quote']

I wonder if they do that they will have the same answer that you had.

I fully expect to build New Jerusalem even with those who reject my experience.

What do you mean?

Archived