Seriously No Politics ×

Prayers For The South: We Are Just Getting Pummeled.

My neighbors just to the West of me “Alabama”, lost over 300, but a loss of 1,000’s of homes and businesses. A small town just an hour North of me here in Georgia lost almost the entire town. This means the loss of jobs as well as homes. Now the poor Mississippi Delta folks are about to lose all.

In the last five years our Stake has dispatched brethren all over the South to help clean up and rebuild, not to mention the South has taken a beaten in the economy as well. I know as Mormons go we are a bit off the beaten path living down here in the Bible belt, but don’t forget us in your prayers. We are a strong, but tired people.

You really are getting hit in the south. I hope you and your family remain safe.

One of the tornados went over our house, and about two miles away took the roof off a BJ’s (like SAM’s, of Wal-Mart fame). But we have been untouched, except for friends.

My sis lives in Missouri in "Tornado Alley" country and has narrowly escaped several times. We were talking about all the dear people who are now losing their homes to the flooding... and not just that, they will lose the land in many cases as top soil is washed away, and have already lost crops of corn, soybeans, wheat, etc etc.

It's heartbreaking... I add my prayers to others' here, Pa Pa.

GG

I believe by oil spill he means the huge one in the gulf by BP that is still being cleaned up and causing issues. I don't think there was a recent one.

Prayers for those affected by storms, flooding and other natural (and unnatural) disasters.

I believe by oil spill he means the huge one in the gulf by BP that is still being cleaned up and causing issues. I don't think there was a recent one.

Prayers for those affected by storms, flooding and other natural (and unnatural) disasters.

Good I thought another had occurred.