Seriously No Politics ×

Who Is This?

inquiringmind

Has anyone ever heard of an internet guru named JJ Dewey?

I believe he's ex-LDS, and his teachings seem to be a blend of Mormon fundamentalism, Theosophey, and new age ism.

Has anyone heard of him?

Never heard of him, but your description makes him sound like a whack job. If he teaches fundamentalism I am sure his number one goal is coaxing multiple women into bed with scriptural justification. He's got to be in the game for either sex or money. Just my opinion.

Never heard of him, but your description makes him sound like a whack job. If he teaches fundamentalism I am sure his number one goal is coaxing multiple women into bed with scriptural justification. He's got to be in the game for either sex or money. Just my opinion.

I take it you don't actually know any Fundamentalist Mormons.

I believe he's ex-LDS, and his teachings seem to be a blend of Mormon fundamentalism, Theosophey, and new age ism.

Has anyone heard of him?

He was excommunicated for teaching false doctrine. I found his website http://www.greaterthings.com/JJDewey/index.html#Biography and it seems he is somewhat eclectic in his understanding of the gospel.

Thank you.

I see a lot of things that I would consider false teachings, but do you know what specific teachings he was excommunicated for?

According to his own account for teaching "progression between kingdoms"...

http://www.greaterthings.com/JJDewey/Bio/excommunication.htm

Actually I know several people who claim to be fundamentalist Mormons and they are all polygs. So where was I wrong in my assumption?

The implied accusation in your post that the main reason people teach or believe in Mormon Fundamentalism is so they can bed as many women as possible, instead of a sincere belief in the doctrines promulgated in early "Mormon" history- I can ASSURE you is blatantly false- and makes you no better then the anti-Mormons who constantly berate you and call into question the sincerity of your church leaders.

So congratulations, you have sunk to the level of Jim White and Walter Martin. Wallow in it.

The implied accusation in your post that the main reason people teach or believe in Mormon Fundamentalism is so they can bed as many women as possible, instead of a sincere belief in the doctrines promulgated in early "Mormon" history- I can ASSURE you is blatantly false- and makes you no better then the anti-Mormons who constantly berate you and call into question the sincerity of your church leaders.

So congratulations, you have sunk to the level of Jim White and Walter Martin. Wallow in it.

Sorry. I didn't know you were a fundamentalist. It wasn't my intention to offend. Its just in my experience, anytime an active LDS guy gets a revelation to "restore" the corrupted LDS church, the first thing he does is start taking on extra ladies usually to the detriment of his original wife who ends up leaving him. But hey, its gotta be tough on these fundy prophets the Lord demands hard things from them.

Sorry. I didn't know you were a fundamentalist. It wasn't my intention to offend. Its just in my experience, anytime an active LDS guy gets a revelation to "restore" the corrupted LDS church, the first thing he does is start taking on extra ladies usually to the detriment of his original wife who ends up leaving him. But hey, its gotta be tough on these fundy prophets the Lord demands hard things from them.

You are new here, so I understand your ignorance concerning my religious affiliation. I am the opposite of a Fundamentalist Mormon, being a RLDS Restorationist myself (not to be confused with Community of Christ). But in my searching after leaving the LDS Church I have become acquainted with the good, sincere people in the various Book of Mormon believing churches- and anytime a wrong impression/stereotype is voiced about a group of people it bothers me, whether I agree with the people being disparaged or not.

Has anyone heard of him?

The site greaterthings.com is not a JJ Dewey site, even thought it has a webpage about him. That webpage does list JJ Dewey sites:

JJWritings.com

FreeRead.com - The Immortal

Unification911.org - 16 principles of Unification

also:

groups.yahoo.com/group/Keysters/

Greaterthings.com and quite a few other sites are owned by Sterling D. Allan who has also been excommunicated from the LDS church.

I am pretty sure that neither Dewey or Allan are in any fundamentalist group-- they are on their own. Neither seems to write much about plural marriage, and I am quite sure they do not live it.

JJ Dewey at one point associated with those who accept the Second Book of Commandments, and claimed to accept these revelations. This was before the School of the Prophets was set up. However, they separated quite soon due to Dewey's "higher" beliefs in the writings of Alice A Bailey and other new age teachings.

JJ Dewey, in my opinion, does a good job in this group finding problems with the works of Chris Nemelka:

groups.yahoo.com/group/TheSealedPortion/messages

Richard

You are new here, so I understand your ignorance concerning my religious affiliation. I am the opposite of a Fundamentalist Mormon, being a RLDS Restorationist myself (not to be confused with Community of Christ). But in my searching after leaving the LDS Church I have become acquainted with the good, sincere people in the various Book of Mormon believing churches- and anytime a wrong impression/stereotype is voiced about a group of people it bothers me, whether I agree with the people being disparaged or not.

Thanks for the clarification. As an RLDS you are the furthest thing from fundamentalism there is LOL! I never met an RLDS personally. I thought the RLDS church and the Community of Christ were the same thing. Can you elaborate or point me to some writings that explain the differences?

Thanks for the clarification. As an RLDS you are the furthest thing from fundamentalism there is LOL! I never met an RLDS personally. I thought the RLDS church and the Community of Christ were the same thing. Can you elaborate or point me to some writings that explain the differences?

Gladly... go to this link...

http://restorationbo...rg/articles.htm

At the bottom of the page there is a section entitled "Church Issues". The articles in there may help to understand the current situation. The other articles are interesting also. It is a good site for obtaining books and info. on the orthodox RLDS movement.

** I don't necessarily agree with all of Bro. Price's views ***

Both denominations are "apostates". But then Mormons are "apostates" to RLDS, FLDS, "Community of Christ", and the rest of mainstream Christians. But then again, ALL Christian denoms are "apostates" to Mormons. BUT THEN, all Christians are "apostates" to Jews. And to Muslims, all of the world that doesn't become Muslim is going to hell; "apostates", heathens and unbelievers altogether. Then there are the rest of "us" who think that the whole finger pointing thing is loony bins....

Archived