Seriously No Politics ×

Idaho Man Claims Lds Church Violates Civil Rights

kolipoki09

Story here:

It's all pretty absurd if you ask me. :diablo:

Philip H. Mockli has made quite a name for himself recently by filing a lawsuit in the United States Court District of Idaho Eastern Division for violation of some of his constitutional rights. Mockli filed four law-suits for The Ethereal Enigmatic Euphoric Movement Towards Civilized Hedonism LTD (Three E), new found religion, for which he is the official representative.

Since he can purchase alcohol to his heart's content the rest of the week, this argument seems to be based on the idea that if something is not available when and where you want it, it is somehow a violation of one's rights. Would anyone take this argument seriously if he started complaining that his rights were being violated because his doctor's office was closed on the weekends and he couldn't get medical advice when and where he wanted it?

Incidentally, the State of Idaho is conducting a six month experiment with a number of liquor stores extending their hours each day in an effort to generate more revenue. I don't recall if they're allowing liquor sales on Sunday or not, but I know it was being proposed. I don't see the measure sticking around much though. Idaho's felony DUI's went up 100% between 2006 and 2010.

Idaho Falls and Ammon (yes, named after the BoM Ammon) have allowed restaurants to serve liquor on Sundays, though liquor stores remain closed. Perhaps the Pleasure Piggies would do well to make a trip up there.

Since he can purchase alcohol to his heart's content the rest of the week, this argument seems to be based on the idea that if something is not available when and where you want it, it is somehow a violation of one's rights. Would anyone take this argument seriously if he started complaining that his rights were being violated because his doctor's office was closed on the weekends and he couldn't get medical advice when and where he wanted it?

:good:

Is it wrong of me to want to set up a debate between him and East Idaho's other resident nutcase, Rex Rammel? :diablo:

Now that you bring that up, I should probably make it clearly known that I am by far Rammell's greatest critic.

See here:

A Response to Rex Rammell's Press Release

A response to Rammell's column by a hunter

Rex Rammell, Why?

I've openly provided the talking points for almost every talk show host willing to sit through an interview with him. Rex has a criminal history that is quite literally a mile long. As of yesterday, Rammell is actively involved in three lawsuits, one of which is going to the Idaho Supreme Court. Of course, he used the tried-and-true "my tummy hurts" excuse to postpone his jury trial yesterday for poaching an elk.

Rammell has been discussed here before, though the threads were deleted. His "Mormon Elders Only" political meetings along with his use of the White Horse Prophecy prompted Church action against him.

Story here:

It's all pretty absurd if you ask me. :diablo:

He will get his 30 seconds of fame..his liver will eventually turn into a pet rock and he will pass into the ether only having destroyed his life through liquor; like so many others. What a shame.

Cal... I wanted to give you a rep point but the little "+" dot beside the number on this post is missing... how can that be? Anyway, points for your pov.

GG

Cal... I wanted to give you a rep point but the little "+" dot beside the number on this post is missing... how can that be? Anyway, points for your pov.

GG

Perhaps you already gave me one and forgot?

I'm over 200 now! Very proud.

Archived